Author Topic: Glow Punch?  (Read 4798 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

quack98

Glow Punch?
« on: August 04, 2013, 15:26 »
I'm sure most of you have already heard that Fennekin is confirmed to know a punching based move named Glow Punch. For those who haven't seen, here's a link:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxCsbsITF2k
Skip to ~0:23 for the move

The sound effect sounds supereffective, and the is being used on a Fire/Normal type. This means (assuming the sound is supereffective, which is likely considering its the same sound as moonblast on Haxorus) that Glow punch is one of:
-> Water
-> Rock
-> Fighting
-> Ground
Or possibly Fairy, but I doubt Fairy will be SE against Fire or Normal.

Logically, the only or that makes sense is Fighting. This then means Fennekin is either Fire/Fighting at final evo, or it could just be a coverage move.

An interesting sidenote, this means fennekins final evo is Bipedal, otherwise how is punching explained? (Gastly->Gengar for his punches, before someone says that ;D)

I should probably note, I didn't come up with this, I've read it and thought it seemed worthy of bringing up. So, thoughts?

(I'm sorry if this has been brought up, I don't think it has though)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 15:40 by Робин »

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
Re: Glow Punch?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 15:36 »
The link doesn't work for me.

Anyway, are you sure it's super effective? I don't know what the sounds are like but did it say that it was?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 15:39 by Liam »

quack98

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 15:41 »
No, it doesn't say anything, so it could be wrong, but it is the same sound as the Moonblast was on Haxorus, so it looks likely.

Does the link work now, I've tried to fix it?

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 15:46 »
Yep, the link works now and that's interesting. I can't see Fennekin being a fighting type, so my bet is that it's a fire type move or a fighting yupe coverage move.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 15:46 »
Many Pokemon don't learn moves of their types. I mean, look at me. I can learn Grass Knot and Scald. Fennekin's final evolution will certainly be bipedal, but Glow Punch doesn't necessarily have to be the same type as the Pokemon.

Of course, Fennekin has no hands, just paws. HOW DOES IT LEARN THAT MOVE.

In a different trailer of course, Fennekin used Psychic, and considering the huge fan uproar of hate for another Fire/Fighting, there is little chance that they have made another.

Needs more Gengar

quack98

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 15:53 »
Yeah, the only thing that does worry me slightly is; Tepig, he didn't look anything like a fighting type, did he? And Emboar does, obviously. No-one wanted another fire/fighting type, regardless of whether they now like Emboar.

Personally, I think it's a coverage move as well, I just wanted to see what others make of it.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 16:11 »
I can see Fairy being strong against Normal though because when you think about it, Fairies etc are extremely NOT Normal.... It works!

quack98

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 16:14 »
But normal can't really have 2 weaknesses and no resistances (well, one 2-way immunity), so it wouldn't really balance the game which seems to be fairies main goal.

Being SE on Blissey and Dragons isn't balance...

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 16:16 »
It didn't sound super effective to me.

You know what I think though? I think it will be dual typed.

quack98

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 16:19 »
I love the idea of dual types, but it gets rather complex... You could potentially have 8x weaknesses and stuff... (E.g. Grass and Water type on Golem)

I hope you're right though, maybe they haven't released the concept yet to have a bigger surprise nearer launch!

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 16:26 »
I think Fennekin just used Glow Punch to troll us.

And 8x weaknesses? Impossible. It only goes up to 4x normally, but 8x would have to be a critical hit.

Needs more Gengar

quack98

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 16:30 »
And 8x weaknesses? Impossible. It only goes up to 4x normally, but 8x would have to be a critical hit.

I said if dual-type moves were made, 8x weaknesses would be possible, I know they aren't now. Although having reconsidered, they would be 16x weaknesses, not 8x

Golem is x4 weak t water and grass, so if there was a water and grass type move (dual type moves, as Turner suggested) 4x4 is 16, so it would be a 16x weakness.

Not that this is impossible, I was just saying it would make the game.... Interesting.

But I like the idea of dual type moves, so I hope Turners prediction is right.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 16:35 »
Dual type moves wouldn't make the game interesting, it would make it insanely annoying and hard.

Needs more Gengar

Offline .~:Sly Foxx:~.

• SO, SO MANY THANKS GO TO HAZY FOR THE SLY BANNER AND AVATAR <333333
  • Sentret Fan
  • .:~I'm cute. Don't deny it.~:.
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 16:56 »
I am willing to bet anything that Nintendo purposefully did this as a troll move. Just because the fan base is so terrified of Fennekin turning into a fire/fighting. It's not actually going to be another fire/fighting, guys...

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 18:42 »
I think Dual Type moves will be calculated in a way which deals less damage than potentially 8x but there is a 'scoop of the century' to be revealed in Corocoro and an entire portion of the official website (normally reserved for new features) completely hidden still. We don't have long left..