Author Topic: What is your favorite Pokemon from each generation?  (Read 3960 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
What is your favorite Pokemon from each generation?
« on: October 21, 2013, 19:56 »
If you had to choose your favorite Pokemon out of each generation, what would it be? Do you like them for their design, or their competitive capabilities? Whatever the reason, you can share your opinions on them here.

Generation 1

Gengar/Alakazam

Both of these looked great and have amazing capabilities on the battle field. I think Gengar also now gets an added boost in X and Y as Poison is Super Effective on Fairy types, and before it only had one strength which was against Grass. Gengar also has a lot of amazing Ghost Type moves, yet is remembered for the classic Dream Eater (which is bizarrely a Psychic type move...)

However Alakazam has INSANE speed and special attack, making it nearly unstoppable in the metagame, with many special moves to choose from like Psychic, Focus Blast, Energy Ball and more.

Both of these Pokemon now have their mega evolutions and are more powerful than ever.

If you were to put Alakazam and Gengar in a battle against each other, its tough to say who would win. Gengar gets the advantage over Alakazam's psychic type but psychic is also strong against poison. However, I say Alakazam gets the edge because of its higher speed.

Generation 2

Scizor

Absolutely no contest. Sure, there are many amazing generation 2 Pokemon like Houdoom and Umbreon, but Scizor only has one weakness (which isn't the most common type ever) and gets the amazing Technician + Bullet Punch combination. With the STAB and a Steel Gem the move can reach insane power.

I think the only bad thing about it is the shiny. SNOT GREEN.

And its mega evolution? Epic.

Generation 3

Metagross

Not only is it a Steel type giving it crazy defenses, but having that added Meteor Mash move that very few Pokemon learn is an added bonus. It looks amazing (as does it's shiny. Silver and a gold cross in the middle. Amazing). The move has good power plus the STAB bonus, but I think one of the few bad things about it is that now Steel types have lost their Ghost and Dark resistances, it is prone to being sent down the drain by a Foul Play or a Shadow Ball. Ouch.

Too bad it didn't get a mega evolution, but to be honest I think it is stupidly powerful as it is.

Generation 4

Garchomp

Without a doubt a pure wrecking MACHINE. It has godlike speed and has a base stat total of 600, not to mention a crazy movepool. Okay. Sure, it has a massive Ice weakness but a Focus Sash or Yache Berry denies it and Garchomp retaliates with force. Of course, its speed is enough to out speed nearly every ice type as it is, so I think only an Ice Shard could do major damage.

The mega evolution was slightly disappointing, considering they just covered him in spikes, but nonetheless not much surpasses this thing's raw power.

Generation 5

Scrafty

Anyone who knows me whatsoever should know I would choose this thing. Its that bad*** ghetto lizard from the desert, with the face that looks like it just lost all it's lottery money. Dark/Fighting is an amazing combination, with one immunity and a decent amount of resistances. Okay, so it is weak to itself, but it is one of my favorite Dragon Dance sweepers to date. Give it a Focus Sash and Dragon Dance and it will be Drain Punching, Crunching or Ice Punching it's way to victory in no time.

Before X and Y was released, there was a rumor a mega Scrafty was going to be released. I don't have the games yet but I REALLY want it to happen. Make it look even awesomer than before.

Generation 6

Pangoro

This thing seems to be a MONSTER. The move Power-up Punch increases attack every time it hits. Combine this with the STAB, the ability Iron Fist and Metronome and it will reach the power of over 600 in just five turns. It brings the pain over and over.

Well that concludes my opinion. Write your own list below!

Needs more Gengar

Wolstenholme

Re: What is your favorite Pokemon from each generation?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 20:06 »
Gen 1.
Ninetales/Omastar
VS.

Gen 2.
Cyndaquil (line)/Suicune
VS.

Gen 3.
Tropius

Gen 4.
Kricketune/Chatot
VS.

Gen 5.
Hydreigon

Gen 6.
Helioptile/Heliolisk
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 16:00 by Wolstenholme »

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 00:07 »
Gen I:

Ninetales

This thing is a boss. Endless sun. Special sweeper. Ghost and psychic attacks. Friggen beautiful. Good speed. #8 In the SB2K poke power rankings

Gen II:

Espeon

Also awesome. 3rd in the unofficial SB2K PokePower Rankings (Does not include Mega forms). Good psychic type with a great ability. Pretty fast.

Gen III:

Blaziken

We all saw this coming. But come on! Awesome design. First starter to be banned from OU. Awesome attack. Transforms into Mega Blaziken, which will certainly be banned as well. Great ability. Is a god in sun. First final evo to be fire/fighting. And the list goes on and on.

Gen IV

Lucario

Well, second in the SB2K power rankings. First to learn aura sphere. Good attack power. In OU. Gets extreme speed and bullet punch and vacuum wave, 3 priority moves. Looks pretty cool as well. Gets a mega form.

Gen V

Chandelure

Well, it's a ghost fire! It looks awesome. Special attack is through the roof. Is in UU though. Oh well, no poke is perfect.

Gen VI

I'm going without mega pokemon here

Aeguslash

It's a magical sword! High attack and defense in different stances. Looks awesome. #5 in he SB2K pokepower rankings.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 13:30 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline FM|Fire walk with me

• I'm my own master now
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Oh, But this isn't the end my friend!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 01:43 »
Gen I

Charizard

Charizard is the reason I even got into Pokemon, its design is simple but memorable and honestly back when Pokemon first started who didn't like this guy? My first Pokemon game was Red and my first Pokemon I ever raised was a Charmander, I remember going crazy when my first Charmeleon began to evolve.

X and Y granted it mega evolution also and of course I have two Charizards fully EV trained for use with both Mega stones.

Fun fact: Charmander was the first shiny I have ever legitimately attained through breeding (Last week actually ^^) since Gen II (Yes my luck is that awful)

Gen II

Feraligatr

Anybody who did not see this coming is frankly silly ^^

Feraligatr is my all time favorite Pokemon, and if I'm very honest I can't really explain why I like it so much outside of its design. Feraligatr used to commonly be known as the forgotten starter until Gen V introduced hidden abilities. I know that when Sheer force becomes legal, It will become quite a fierce Pokemon to deal with. (Even though currently It's not terrible with access to dragon dance and aqua jet) I have and always will use a Feraligatr in all of my teams, and come December I'll be doing exactly that with Gen VI.

Fun fact: I absolutely despise It's shiny colours.

Gen III

Sceptile Swellow

This was a tough call to make, but I fell as if listing three starters wouldn't well be fair as starters tend to have sentimental attachment with them.

During my first play through of Sapphire Swellow really took me by surprise, I really was not expecting it to be so cool and honestly it along with my Sceptile where my main duo for double battles. I wouldn't use Swellow now as honestly there are better options but It still deserves its spot on this list for the memories it helped make and honestly its an awesome looking bird

Gen IV

Garchomp/Lucario

There is no way to decide on a clear victor here, Both are over rated and overused but lets face it, they both are the best designs from gen IV.

I decided from Lucario's reveal that I would use him, but the very day Garchomp got leaked, I honestly fell in love, I didn't care about its stats or anything like that, until Gen IV the only Dragon Pokemon I ever raised was Salamence, but Garchomp honestly looks far cooler and honestly is a much better Pokemon.

Both received mega forms which I will try out but Lucario has a much higher chance of making it on my final Gen VI team.

Gen V

Haxorus

For those questioning why I wouldn't use Garchomp now, here is your answer. As soon as I saw this beast I forgot all about Garchomp. I'm going to be brutally honest here, Gen V has in my opinion some of the worst designed Pokemon and I really could not get into it that was until I reached the 8th gym and was staring down this beautiful beast. Its the design of a dragon Pokemon I have wanted since Gen I and it made a few people rage quit online because Outrage after a single dragon dance usually meant I would just sweep there entire team.

In X as soon as I learned you could catch Axew early on i set out to find one and almost immediately upon capture I began super training. Sure the old dragon dance/outrage strategy is simple to counter now due to Fairy's but that does not make it any less intimidating by any means.

Simply put Haxorus made me forget all the bad designs in Gen v and actually give gen VI a chance.

Gen VI

Hawlucha

I'm going to keep this short and sweet, I ran into it and just stared for at least 5 minutes, I didn't care if it where a good Pokemon or not, I just wanted it, and it turns out It's a pretty decent Pokemon. It managed to actually stay on my in game team from the third gym up until well right now actually. I plan on actually breeding it and raising a more suitable  one fro online play etc, as honestly I just caught the first one I encountered and just moved on.

Honarable mentions
The randoms that I like from each gen
Gen I: Pidgeot, Raticate, Rhydon, Gyrados, Aerodactyl, Articuno and Mewtwo
Gen II: Togepie/Togetic, Tyranitar, Suicune and Lugia
Gen III: Sceptile, Mightyena, Relicanth, Salamence and Deoxys
Gen IV: Torterra, Staraptor, Dialga,Giratina (Oragin forme only) and Darkrai
Gen V: Sandile evo line (I really didn't like gen V's Pokemon)
Gen VI: Greninja
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:56 by FM|It has to be this way »

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 05:05 »
Gen 1

Vaporeon. It reminds me of my lazy cats, and it's really cute. It's also very dependable on any team, thanks to high HP and Sp. Attack. Wish passing is also nice.

Gen 2

If there was anything good to come out of gen 2, Blissey is it. I already loved Chansey in RBY, but Blissey is even cuter. Sure, Eviolite may make Chansey and Blissey rivals, competing for the same spot, but I'll always prefer Blissey.

Gen 3

Do I even need to say it? I mean, come on, we already know my love for Spinda knows no bounds.

Gen 4

This one's tough, because most of the only Pokemon I like in gen 4 are evos of older Pokemon. I guess this spot goes to Electivire, since he's really badass. I wish he was more competitively viable, but I really do like Electivire.

Gen 5

Serperior, hands down. Gen 5 for me has a lot of forgettable Pokemon, but Serperior really appealed to me from the first time I saw it. Still waiting on him to get his Dream World ability, though...

Gen 6

Oh man, what gen 6 lacks in numbers of new Pokemon, it sure makes up for it in how memorable they are. Tyrantrum really stands out to me, though he didn't initially. Having used one in Y version, I might even go so far as to say that he might replace Salamence as my new favorite Dragon, but probably not. Still love that Rock/Dragon typing though, it's really cool.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 04:54 by Richard and Blaziken »
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 09:56 »
Gen 1

For me, in generation one, there aren't too many of my favourites. However, one Pokémon from generation one that I've loved from the moment I saw it was Doduo. No idea why, but the idea of a bird with two heads has always completely fascinated me.

Gen 2

Hoppip and Sunkern, although they aren't the must useful Pokémon, they are just so damn adorable. I often find in my playthroughs of Johto that I'm using either one or the other. I'm even partial to using the physical sweeping Jumpluff in NU, it works surprisingly well!

Gen 3

Gen 3 has the best Pokémon to me. Snorunt is my favourite Pokémon ever, just due to how damn adorable it is. I love everything about it, it may not be the best poke to use, but that doesn't bother me.
Also: Tropius!!! I loved this from the moment I first saw it. Tropius was the first time I actually used a pokemon other than my starter/legendary to make it through a game and omg I was in love with it. There's just something about it that makes me smile.

Gen 4

I also love Gen 4 pokes <3 Some favourites include: Chingling, Tangrowth (Yes I actually liked it) and Munchlax. Overall I really can't decide on a favourite between Buneary and Mamoswine. Buneary because I like rabbits and rabbits are adorable (also it's evolution doesn't disappoint me... stupid Diggersby). Mamoswine mostly because of how useful I've found it in competitive and ingame. Every single time I've used a Mamoswine it hasn't let me down and as gen 5 OU went on I grew to love Mamo more and more.

Gen 5

This generation I struggle with a little more, I don't like the pokes so much. I would probably say something like Blitzle, because I wanted a zebra for so long, but then I don't like Zebstrika. So I'll just settle on my favourite from my first playthrough of b/w and that was Marractus. I don't particularly love Marractus, just feel a weird tendency to like it more than anything else that generation.

Gen 6

Well... I don't think we've seen all of generation 6 yet ;) However, from what we have in X/Y I really like Hawlucha, it's up there as one of my favourites ever! From the moment I encountered it for the first time, to me it felt like it was something different. I can't really describe it, but at first I caught it just to figure out its type (I don't do this often) and added to my team. From there I grew more and more fond of it.

I like lots of grass and flying types by the looks of it lol.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 11:29 »
[b[Gen 3[/b]

Do I even need to say it? I mean, come on, we already know my love for Spinda knows no bounds.

2 things.

1. Your bold is messed up.
2. Nice sarcasm
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Kdintranet & Scizau

• Binary Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • 01001011, 01000100
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 13:30 »
Generation 1

Generation 1 for me was at a crazy time of my life Pokemon Red & Blue came out. After seeing a Japanese friend play their version me and my brother just had to get it. I was only 4 or 5 years old (I think). I could barely read, but we all know that back then, that wasn't essential. So I would go around with just my Charizard, I didn't really have the knowledge of catching Pokemon, only what my brother reluctantly caught for me when I had to beg him, But the one Pokemon that I loved was this guy.

Only because of how bad ass he looked to a 5 year old at the time.

Generation 2

So Pokemon Gold & Silver hit the shelves being a slow reader I could get the gyst of the conversations, but Pokemon still didn't require the reading skills of a teenager to play but don't laugh, I had grown up a bit. After playing Pokemon Red for live ever I managed to obtain the catching Pokemon skill and I was determined to play the whole game without my brother, but then a dilemma occured. I fell in love with this guy.

Now this is where my love began, I really wanted this guy but we all know, it requires a metal coat and a willing person to trade with. Cue my brothers argumentative arrogant self to take away what I really wanted, Being 5 years older than me,he really went out his way to make sure that I didn't get my Beloved Scizor. Until I offered to do his dishes chore for a whole month! (What a determined little boy I was) and well. I got my Beloved Scizor (Or Scizau because thats how I said it...)

Generation 3

Yes! My brothers love for Pokemon had dwindled. I was free to roam the Pokemon world without his interference. I was also able to read (Big Cheers) I could finally understand and explore the game with different eyes. However I am going to get a lot of haters here, This was my least favourite game, I didn't like any of the Pokemon what so ever (Although I am looking forward to up to date graphics with a remake) but seems I can't leave this Generation out. I'm going to have to say that this guy is probably my favourite, because I have to pick 1..

Generation 4

Right. So this generation I had to save up all my pocket money to get a Nintendo DS. It was aweful and I was saving for about a year but then! Boom Pokemon Platinum and a Nintendo DS (But I did return to Pokemon Diamond and Pearl when I got a proper job when I left school). It was brilliant the graphics we nothing like what I expected and then. I ran into this

Boom, Best friends for life because it like, looks amazing (Apart from Scizau, She's a babe.)

Also because Dusknoir was in Pokemon Explorers of Sky, and that too. was an awesome game.

Generation 5

Are you having fun reading my ramble? Cos I'm sure having fun writing it, Geneneration 5. I was in College, Pokemon in college is not cool, shhhhh, its a secret. With this generation I really didn't like the Pokemon, but unlike R/S/E I started to like them the more I played the game, and then I took a shine to this guy.

So totally awesome, He looks so cool.

There is no more to say about him because I love him that much except Wargle is such a better name than Braviary.

Generation 6

Finally. The moment I'm sure you've all been waiting for. The end. I did no research for this game before it came out what so ever. But once I found out about Mega Scizor I just have to evolve my Scizau into that when I get to transfer it over and when I get the Mega Stone for it.

A lot of you don't know who Scizau is, or the story of it. The story of Scizau (my Scizor) is buried deep in the forums somewhere. To be honest, I don't have the time to dig it out, if your super desperate and interested I will PM it to you, It pretty cool to me and I'm sure some of the old members will know who Scizau is and why she is important. (Other than just being a Scizor)

..Phew I hope theres not too many mistakes.
Avid Poster On Pokemon Academy

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

quack98

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 17:51 »
Generation 1

Tough choice, it's between Shiny Vaporeon and Shiny Dragonair. I love them both, although if they aren't shiny I prefer Dragonair, so I guess Dragonair wins this!

Generation 2

Again, between two, Shiny Ampharos and Shiny Heracross (I'll stop with the Shinies soon, don't worry xD). They both suit their shiny colour scheme, but just because I prefer the shade, Heracross can win. But then again, Meganium... Too close to call, Meganium has the advantage of being a dinosaur <3

Generation 3

A TIE BETWEEN LIKE EVERYTHING!!! Nah, I'd probably split it between Camerupt, Tropius and Combusken. Tropius has a banana chin! How can you not love it??? Camerupt is for nostalgia, and Combusken is just cool!

Generation 4

Porygon-Z, of course! Nothing beats the fun of firing lasers from a cyber-duck!

Generation 5

Very meh-ish generation for me, but a few gems stood out! I like Scolipede, even more so now it has speed boost xD Also, I quite liked Stoutland, it's so cute <3

Generation 6

I love this generation atm. For me, either Tyrantrum or Xerneas, but I'm going with Xerneas because I haven't had chance to use Tyrantrum yet! (Tyrunt had a rubbish nature, so I boxed it till I can be bothered to breed)

Wolstenholme

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 17:52 »
Not Mienshao for Gen 5, Dick?

quack98

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 17:55 »
I knew I'd forgotten something... Yeah, he's my gen V favourite xD Although Scolipede looks better in Gen VI! Mienshao is still the coolest...

Who doesn't love an elegant ninja fox thing?

Offline vegparcriddle

• Pokemon Fan
  • wanna hear a riddle?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 15:48 »
Gen 1 nidoking/charizaird
These badasses mopped The floor with lance one a dragon and other ones a a walking horn drill

Gen 2 ampharos/feligator
Ampharos is The strongest electric and feligator is a preistoric crocodile who shoots water from his jaws

Gen 3 aggron/ludicolo
A carefree pkmn that will take you down when hearing dance music and grass and water
And aggron is a walking steel plated dinosuar who can learn moves it shouldn't look at extreme ads aggron

Gen 4 infernape/electrive
Now ones a monkey who shoots flames and electrive zaps other water flying types

Gen 5 gavantula sice bug electric takes on most pkmn types

Gen 6 chesnuaght looks like a murdere

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 17:16 »
Gen 1, Gyarados

Gen 2, Quagsire (best Pokémon ever)

Gen 3, Breloom

Gen 4, Hippowdon

Gen 5, Golurk

Gen 6, Diggersby

Mr. Apple

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 02:32 »
Gen 6, Diggersby
oh no

gen 1: arcanine
its a tiger
and its on fire
your argument is invalid

gen 2: feraligatr
im a sucker for the starters, and even though i hate his name, feraligatr is a beast

gen 3: mudkip
i herd u liek mudkipz?????

gen 4: dialga/torterra/lickylicky
dialga and torterra were swag and lickylicky is just
idk

gen 5: this one made me think long and hard, but MARACTUS PREVAILS

gen 6: i really like a lot of the mega evos, amd the normal pokes were cool too, but if i had to pick a favorite, i think mega ampharos's locks will be deserving
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 13:14 by king apple »

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 12:47 »
1st gen is quite hard actually haha. I really like Raichu, Gengar and Butterfree.

2nd gen either Ampharos or Typhlosion. Even though everyone thinks amphy is slow as hell it's so qt. Typhlosion was my first starter ever. Trained him up to level 100 (cheated though haha) but his cry and everything is so cool <3

3rd gen was when I really loved Pokémon. Ludicolo, Flygon and Manectric have always been favs. Ludicolo was just so strange and seeing it in colloseum  just made it even more cooler. Flygon is the 'weird' dragon (well not anymore, hi goodra). Manectric just had an awesome design and will forever remind me of Tomdra :')

4th gen would be either Luxray or Togekiss. When I fist looked at the revealed DP pokemon I knew straight away that I wanted to train Luxray! Togekiss is really cute and I loved using it in battle.

5th gen is Scrafty or Sawsbuck. Scrafty is just a bamf. I loved Sawsbuck's design, the Spring form is my favourite c:

6th gen is hard. Right now it's a tie between Noivern and Hawlucha. I loved Noivern when I first saw it and Noibat is just a qt <3 Hawlucha is awesome, who can argue with a Mexican wrestling bird?
also my bby pumpkaboo aahhh