Author Topic: 6th Gen Pokemon of the Week  (Read 29910 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: 6th Gen Pokemon of the Week
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2014, 13:31 »
Sorry about the slight delay... Shovel Knight is an addicting game, even after you've beaten it. You guys should get Shovel Knight.

Anyway! This week we're discussing one of my favorite Pokemon to use in competitive battles, Rotom-Wash!

Given his ability to counter top OU threats, I'd say Rotom-Wash is one of the Pokemon you should always consider for your team. But what do you think about Rotom-Wash? Let me know below! :)
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2014, 13:37 »
Rotom-Wash is a good stopper to Talontroll when using bold. It can be a bulky sweeper and a trick scarfer as well. It's versatile and annoying to get rid of sometimes.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2014, 13:41 »
I'd just like to also say thanks again to dragoncat for her continued contribution of the Unearthed section. It's certainly nice to have something else to add to the article, and I enjoy reading what she comes up with myself. :)

That aside, yeah, Rotom-W is great for many things. Such a fun Pokemon to use, and it's on pretty much all of my teams, which I'm sure serves as some sort of testament to it being a consistently good Pokemon in the metagame.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2014, 13:45 »
^I know, since I somehow got it in-game, it hasn't left my battle box (since I use my party to hatch eggs). It's mainly about prediction. If you can predict correctly, the derpliance can cripple a team before going down with high damage, burns and (hopefully) paralysis.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2014, 15:59 »
Remember to give your Rotom-W Calgon to prevent limescale erosion over the years =]

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 04, 2014, 02:14 »
tide master race imo

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 06, 2014, 06:13 »
Pokemon of the Week might be delayed this week. I'm beyond exhausted from work, Independance Day, and my niece's birthday, and I don't really have much of an excuse, aside from the fact that I am just too tired to do it. Probably will be postponed until next week, but the Pokemon I'm doing has at least 6 viable movesets, so hopefully that'll make up for it? :(

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 06, 2014, 16:55 »
nah, take your time rich. these are good reads, and its beyond me how you write this stuff nearly every week. and 6 movesets...damn.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 13, 2014, 04:54 »
Thanks for the kind words, bread, and I'm glad you enjoy the articles! :)

This week we're returning with one of the most important Pokemon in the OU metagame since it had been released in generation 4, Heatran!

After a lot of writing and revising, I've determined that most of the sets Heatran was able to run last generation simply aren't viable anymore. TormenTran, Weather trapper, Stallbreaker, they're all either not viable, or just not good in the current metagame, and I'd rather only write sets for what you guys should be using, rather than tacking on additional sets just to make it longer.

All that said, I hope you enjoy! Also, great job again, Dragoncat, your Unearthed section is always a fun read! ^_^

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 13, 2014, 15:10 »
Heatran Unearthed was definately a very imaginative look at his design. Never really saw Heatran as some sort of synthesis of two world views, but this spin makes him look like a much more interesting pokemon now.

@Rich, would you ever reccomend air baloon on tanktran?

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 13, 2014, 15:16 »
I'd say it's viable, but definitely would not recommend it overall. If your aim is to tank with Heatran, the steady Leftovers recovery is incredibly helpful. Rotom-W makes a great partner, immune to Earthquake and resistant to Water. Pack something that resists or is immune to Fighting (Mega Venusaur actually forms a potent FWG core here, and I myself use this in standard OU, laddering at around 1700 elo). It depends on your team, but I'd say just bring something immune to EQ, unless you really hate opposing Heatran.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 20, 2014, 06:34 »
Hey guys! This week's gonna be an interesting one; for the next two weeks, we'll be discussing one Pokemon! For this two-part special, we'll be discussing the two forms of Landorus! Given that they play so differently, they deserve their own issues. So, for this week, let's discuss Landorus-Incarnate!

What do you think about Landorus-I? Should it be banned again this generation like it was last generation? How do your teams deal with it? Is it powerful enough to be effective? Let me know what you think! Also, Unearthed will be returning next week, since we'll be covering the same Pokemon twice. :)

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 20, 2014, 10:36 »
A little disappointed there was no description of it having a cloud coming out of it's arse tbh =[

Otherwise, good as usual Richard!

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2014, 06:20 »
Sorry for the delay, I've gone out of town and have had some unexpected things turn up. Next week is shaky on whether or not I'll be able to get PotW up, but I will try as hard as I can.

Anyway, this week closes our two-part special on Landorus, covering his Therian form! How do you feel about Landorus-Therian? Do you like the Therian forms in general? Let me know! :)

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2014, 10:38 »
Yeah, I couldn't get PotW written in time. I'm back in town now, so next week it'll resume on Sunday as usual. Thanks for being patient, guys. :)