Author Topic: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]  (Read 1962 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Rooks

  • Murkrow is cool, okay?
  • Psythor Fan
  • *****
  • Posts: 25
  • Gender: Female
  • It's all Smooooooooooth Sailing from here on out
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 23:20 »
Alrighttttttt

Something was tickling Diana Temple's foot. Something was hurting Diana's front and back. She twitched a finger, still works. She picked up a hand and plopped it down about an inch further away to a metallic clang and a sensation similar to touching a hot plate. "Ah ah." Opened her eyes slowly, flinching against the bright sunlight that filtered in. She realised now of course that it was the sun hurting her back, the water tickling her foot and well... She still wasn't sure about the hot plate thing. She stood up, rather too fast, pushing against the also hot sand. Her head swam and some of the memories returned as she blinked away the sand. Looking down, Diana realised she'd been draped over a part of the plane's wing. Oh yeah, the plane.

There were others, only a few, mind, beginning to come around. Most of them looked no more than a little older than herself. There were others but she could tell that among them were a few hauntingly dead bodies. She looked out at the sea, she couldn't really see much, the dark suggestion of a place where the wreckage may be... She was probably wrong. Her visibility was infinite yet there was nothing out there that might help her. Diana's lip trembled and then she began to cry. Would she ever get to go to Denmark? Would she get to write her book? Would she see her family again? Would she die here? She wept and wept, walking towards the rock face she sank closer to the floor until eventually she was in their shade and she lay down, shaking.

Offline kindtocrows

  • tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • *****
  • Posts: 497
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 00:07 »
Sparrow starts to wake up. They feel a light breeze coming from the ocean and blowing few grains of sand against their face. Pushing themself out of the sand, they grab a fistfull of sand and let it run between their fingers. They look around, noticing all the other people lying around, as well as a few people who had already woken up. They started to stand, but winced and cried out as they fell back down when they felt the sting of a wound on their right leg that had re-opened. They couldn't remember how they got that particular wound in the first place, it probably involved a fight with a sibling, but now it was open, bleeding a little, and had sand in it. They knew they would have to wash it, but the only water in sight was the ocean, which seemed like a bad idea. They decided they would try and ignore it for now, until they could find fresh water.

They stood up again, ignoring the pain, and approached a girl who was also awake, sitting in the shade of the rock face. She seemed to be crying. "Hey," they said softly, "Mind if I join you?" they asked as they sat down next to her anyway before asking, "are you okay?"
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

  • so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • *****
  • Posts: 2467
  • uh
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 10:13 »
Bryony blinks her eyes open and immediately shuts them against the intolerable light coming from above her.

"Callum, could you stop that please?" she grumbles

Using her hand to shield them, she tries again more slowly.  She turns her head to the left to try and distract Callum, but there is only sand.  Oh.  Well, she did think it was a little hot for a plane.  She shuts her eyes again and gives her right wrist a long, sharp pinch.  She ends up with a painful wrist, and she is still lying on sand.  She sighs and lies there for a little while.  Maybe she's dead.  Being dead seems like a pretty likely option.  She shuffles round so that her body is the same direction as her head was.  She rolls without opening her eyes.

Suddenly, she has a mouth and nose full of water.  She jerks upright, coughing, and blearily yet frantically searches around for the offending water.  It is only once she has finished coughing - and her nose is still burning - that she realises that she is sitting in the offending water, and that both her Uggs and playsuit are now sticking to her with damp.  She makes a quiet screeching noise and scrambles backwards, away from the water.  She takes up a handful of sand and throws it into the water, and is disappointed when the wind blows half of it back into her face.  She groans - long and frustrated - and flops onto her tummy in the sand.  She does not care that she is taking in mouthfuls of sand with every breath.


thanks gl <3

Offline Rooks

  • Murkrow is cool, okay?
  • Psythor Fan
  • *****
  • Posts: 25
  • Gender: Female
  • It's all Smooooooooooth Sailing from here on out
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 10:18 »
"Are you okay?" Diana had only just noticed the person sat next to her. And in truth, no, she wasn't okay. She had a right to not be okay. She tried to raise her head and look at the person, who she had assumed was a girl because of the softness of her voice and the ends of her long hair that Diana could see from the corner of her eyes, sat next to her.
"I'll be alright." She said, forcing a smile but with puffy red eyes. She would be okay, she knew it but first she just wanted to cry it out for a while. After that she could get to helping make some sort of smoke signal.

Offline kindtocrows

  • tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • *****
  • Posts: 497
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2015, 21:16 »
Sparrow looked at the girl, it looked like she probably wanted to be left alone. However, when they tried to stand again they discovered the walk over there had agitated the wound on their leg and caused it to open more, so it probably wasn't the best idea to get up again. Sparrow folded their legs in a way that kept the wound out of her sight. "If you say so." They tried to move over to give her a little more room, but were stopped by their leg's protest. They sighed, "well, if you want to talk about it, I'll be here. My name's Sparrow, by the way," they said, hoping knowing the name of the random stranger who won't leave her alone will make things less uncomfortable for her.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Dorchadas

  • *Vaguely menacing gestation*
  • Rex Fan
  • *****
  • Posts: 103
  • Gender: Male
  • Pkmn.net: Largest eyelash trade hub in the world
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 17:17 »
Zane slips his pocketknife into his hand, hidden by his shirt sleeve, and starts climbing up the rocks out of sight of the other people. *If they don't know I'm here they can't very well fight for resources, neh? It's best this way. Besides, I don't want to have to take care of them.* He stops a moment and looks back, then grits his teeth and continues. *Don't think about it, Zane. They'll be fine, I'm sure.*
Click the fuzzy little dragons!

Offline Kpyna

  • Sentret Fan
  • *****
  • Posts: 4175
  • Gender: Female
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 19:16 »
The forest did look pretty dark from the beach, but now that Zane is in the forest, it's really not so bad. There's patches of sunlight that stream through the trees. It's definitely darker than the beach, but the dark doesn't seem to be lowering his visibility. There's a few ferns and mushrooms on the ground, and most of the trees grow high into the air. There are a couple of trees that look almost akin to maple trees that could potentially be climbed if Zane gave a good jump and hoisted his way up.

The woods look very difficult to navigate to the uninitiated. The only clear path is one immediately behind Zane that leads back to the beach. Birdsong can be heard, but otherwise, no animals can be perceived at the time.

Offline Dorchadas

  • *Vaguely menacing gestation*
  • Rex Fan
  • *****
  • Posts: 103
  • Gender: Male
  • Pkmn.net: Largest eyelash trade hub in the world
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 20:06 »
*Hmmm... those plants may be edible, but I'll never know until someone else tries them... In fact, that can be said to be true about most of the stuff on this island. I'd better wait and watch.* Zane looks for a tree with a vantage point that shows the beach and the people on it, and if he finds one, tries climbing it.
Click the fuzzy little dragons!

Offline Rooks

  • Murkrow is cool, okay?
  • Psythor Fan
  • *****
  • Posts: 25
  • Gender: Female
  • It's all Smooooooooooth Sailing from here on out
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 20:47 »
Diana didn't say anything for a long time. She collected herself with a large sniff. "I'm Diana." She said, but she couldn't find the words - for once in her life - to say anything else. She got up, having let go of the  emotions that consumed her only a few minutes before, noting their pointlessness. She tried to look clearly around to see if there was any wood about but her eyes were still bleary and, she imagined, red. She made out some green almost directly above her which could be a canopy of leaves. She waited for her eyes to properly focus on the green. She was right, leaves. Leaves meant wood. But the forest was a long way up and she didn't fancy climbing the rock face. "I'm gonna see if there's another way to get to that forest up there," she declared, mainly to Sparrow but also to anyone else who could hear her. "Are you coming?"

Offline kindtocrows

  • tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • *****
  • Posts: 497
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 22:11 »
"Umm, well..." Sparrow thought about it for a moment. Though they really didn't want their leg to get any worse, staying there alone would be horribly boring, and their leg wasn't going to get any better just sitting there.  There would probably be something to help it in the forest, they just hadn't thought about there being another way in. Besides, injured or not, they weren't going to just let everyone leave and have all the fun without them. Hopefully it wouldn't get any worse.

"Sure," they finally answered. They carefully pushed themself up, putting as little weight on their bad leg as possible. They stepped away from the rock and took a look around, "Which way do you think we should go?"
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Kpyna

  • Sentret Fan
  • *****
  • Posts: 4175
  • Gender: Female
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 23:12 »
((Hey, I believe dragoncat asked me earlier on IRC and I figured I'd let you guys know to not be pressured to write in present tense. I'm just doing it because it makes more sense to me to write it out in present tense.))

The tree was a fairly easy climb, but part of the ease was attributed to how short the tree was. The vision offered from the treetop isn't excellent -- but it's sufficient.

A structure that looks like a sizable wooden boat can be seen along the coast, less than a quarter mile away from the location where Zane found himself stranded, to the east. Otherwise, the beach looks pretty vacant. The forest seems to stretch on for a quite a while, and besides the boat, there's no other signs of civilization nearby.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

  • so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • *****
  • Posts: 2467
  • uh
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 21:20 »
Bryony huffed into the sand one last time and began to use her elbows to hoist herself up.  She looked down and sighed.  Her playsuit was wet and sandy.  Disgusting.  And her feet were soaked to the core with sweat and seawater.  She kicked her Uggs off and discarded them by the shore, happy for the waves to suck them in again.  Once again, the sunlight was too much and she had to shield her eyes to avoid her inevitable burning to a crisp happening too soon.  She was going to die.  She was literally going to die on a gross island and nobody was ever going to find her body, which was awful because she'd really wanted to teach Rory to read.  Terrible, terrible isl-

"I'm gonna see if there's another way to get to that forest up there.  Are you coming?" A not-quite distant voice cut her brooding short, and she leaped up to find it.  She looked around her wildly for the source and was pleased to spy two figures standing in her distant vision.

She barreled down the beach as fast as her chunky little legs would carry her, arm still thrown across her brow and dirty playsuit forgotten in her glee.  "Yes!" she cried, beginning to lose her breath.  "Yes, hello! I'm coming - I'll come; please wait for me!" she panted, stopping just short of the two figures she'd seen.  She braced her hands on her knees and looked up at them, eyes wide.  "Hi," she coughed.


thanks gl <3

Offline Rooks

  • Murkrow is cool, okay?
  • Psythor Fan
  • *****
  • Posts: 25
  • Gender: Female
  • It's all Smooooooooooth Sailing from here on out
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2015, 23:48 »
Diana was startled when the other girl came along. She had thought that maybe she and Sparrow were the only survivors because no one else showed any signs of getting up. Still, a third member to their little party was completely welcome. The girl, who was wearing a once adorable play suit, was panting as she stopped running so Diana thought it was only fair to give her a minute to get her breath back before setting off down the beach.
"Well, this way looks good to me," she said, looking at Sparrow and gesturing down the beach to her right where the sand and cliffs curved off. Then looking back at the other girl "Hi, I'm Diana." She felt like adding something funny or clever to the end of that but she didn't know whether the others would appreciate it, considering their situation and that the box that Diana had locked her own emotions in rattled inside her mind, still threatening to burst open. Instead she left her name hanging awkwardly in the air.

Offline kindtocrows

  • tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • *****
  • Posts: 497
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2015, 01:22 »
 Sparrow couldn't help but smile and sort of giggle at the new girls frantic entrance. It was nice to see they and Diana weren't the only ones here. They looked in the direction Diana gestured and replied, "m'kay." They looked back to the new girl. "I'm Sparrow, nice to meet you," they said after Diana introduced herself.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.