Poll

vote like it's 2006

Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance
Panic! At The Disco

Author Topic: which emo band is the best  (Read 4672 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
which emo band is the best
« on: April 10, 2015, 22:21 »
three bands, but only one can be the best (or at least your favorite, anyway) of the emo trifecta

i don't care that my chemical romance broke up i still do rituals to get them back together at night in the woods sometimes because i mean they have always been a fave

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
Re: which emo band is the best
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 01:03 »
 I prefer the band that sings songs about being outcasts or how their ex bae will miss them when they're gone.

inb4Blink

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 01:21 »
I want a "None of the above" option to be installed, although if you put a gun to my head and made me choose I guess I'd have to say Fall Out Boy

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 01:37 »
petition to replace these poseur emo '06 bands with proper emo '03 bands like FFAF and alexisonfire and fall of troy
           

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 01:45 »
fall out boy and mcr are tied but i had to vote for fob becase im loyal and was #fake hating on mcr for about 4 years

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 03:10 »
petition to replace these poseur emo '06 bands with proper emo '03 bands like FFAF and alexisonfire and fall of troy
thrice and thursday too

out of those probably fob

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 03:21 »
all you haters can start your own topic everyone must choose a side

i still respect y'all for loving fall out boy because they really are quality

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 07:40 »
when i've ascended into the higher realms i am going to be an emo band

it is going to be just me as a one man band but i am single handedly going to be the best emo band on this plane of existence and all of you will bow down in my wake

thanks gl <3

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 12:44 »
panic has no votes frankly im disgusted

the christians gave me

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 18:50 »
panic has no votes frankly im disgusted

i threw a bottle at the poll options head while it was on stage and knocked it out thats why its got no votes

thrice and thursday too

out of those probably fob

dont forget finch!!!! //furiously mixtapes ur and my band suggestions like #absolutepunk is still in its prime//
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 18:59 by LOOK AROUND YOG. »
           

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 00:50 »
I was never into this trend but I think FOB was more popular on this site at the time. I think I had one song by FOB (This Aint a Scene..) but I really wasn't a fan otherwise. P!ATD I liked even less but I found it interesting when they just suddenly went all Carnaby Street, I thought 9 in the Afternoon was good but it probably doesn't count as emo.

MCR...god no, I remember there were some hardcore MCR fans on here too, they probably grew up and became those tumblr lower-case types. I think the closest band of around this time that I liked was JEW and even then it was a few mainstream tracks off Keraang at the time.

Is it really true that the Emos grew up to be Hipsters? I get the strong impression that a lot of the typical hipsters around today went Emo -> Scene -> Hipster. I still dunno what 'scene' actually was in the end, seemed like a subculture all dressed up with nowhere to go.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 14:52 »
@beth FRANKLY IM DISGUSTED

@turner you're right about the tumblr lowercase types and also the emo > scene > hipster. I think a majority of Emos I knew growing up went scene for a while, and if you remember me back around 2008... (Wipes sweat from brow) oh boy. I was as scene as they come, it was essentially just dressing up as banter and acting more like an obnoxious teen than you already were. Then I went hipster, because somehow going from a subculture based around being an obnoxious dickhead to another subculture based around being a pretentious obnoxious dickhead was so me.

I fell out the hipster stage rather early though, around when I realised nobody likes hipsters except hipsters which isn't a fun life to lead but I'm still heavily influenced by both my emo and my hipster days, but I think I was one of the fortunate ones who branched off into their own little thing. Don't know what that is yet though, some kind of "clearly mentally ill and not all there artisté" chic. I don't think that one is common so maybe I really was the hipster I set out to be all along.

I can't believe Apple tricked me into typing this with proper capitalisation and all immediately after I said I'm a lowercase tumblr blogger. Way to ruin everything Apple.

the christians gave me

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 08:59 »
Perhaps Apple wants you to type with proper spelling and punctuation?

I was never into the whole emo thing. The closest thing I can find to it I like is Jimmy Eat World, but then they were one of those 90s alternative bands.

What is a scene kid? Are they one of those lower-middle-class-white-boy-from-suburban-Baltimore-pop-punk-band fans or something?
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 14:43 »
apple can want all they want im not giving up this callous attitude its what defines me online

and i guess? i dunno that sounds pretty accurate really from what i remember. we all had brightly coloured hair teased into lions manes and we wore bright clothing and listened to bs like brokencyde and the medic droid (who still go off in 2015 i cant lie to myself) and enjoy being weirdly cutesy while enjoying gore and bleakness

theyre weird kids. really edgy. i still find them on deviantart almost daily which is so weird to me, i sound like a pretentious old man like "hyuk hyuk i thought it died out!" but legitimately i thought it was a dead style that mostly came with myspace, but its still going strong i guess. good on them, its a fun style.

the christians gave me

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 18:58 »
Scene always struck me as being an alternative culture entry point for girls who were too popular to be emo and boys who were too extroverted to be emo; or alternatively - the emos that grew out of that phase and aspired to be popular and/or extroverted. I think this is maybe why Scene didn't have much of a musical identity in comparison. Even though the music is different, I subconsciously associate them with the STD riddled hair metal wannabes of the 80s.

It seemed to be part of that STR8 EDGE thing too, which was pretty tedious. A bunch of teenagers who have never been near drugs preaching about how bad they are. "Man that potato chip on the floor reminds me of Joey RIP dude".

I'm generally not much of a fan of boring subcultures like emo. I don't mind Goths though, some could be a bit whinge-y but on the whole I feel they're committed if nothing else, which I have respect for. Some of them were absolutely mental too, which is always entertaining.