News:

Advertising is not just giving a link to another site - some sites are well known to the extent that nicknames are just as bad. The usual punishments apply here as they do to giving links.

Main Menu

things to know for pokemon black

Started by DragonV, September 23, 2026, 20:12

DragonV

this is gonca be my first playtgrough

Cococo

Nice, Black is a great first pick! A few things that would've helped me:
  • You can only find new Unova Pokémon until the post-game, so don't wait around for old favorites. Just try the new ones.
  • Pick whichever starter you like: the game hands you an elemental monkey early on that covers your starter's weakness for the first gym.
  • Grab a Drilbur or Roggenrola if you can, they carry you through a lot.
  • The story is actually one of the best in the series, so talk to N whenever you see him.
Have fun!
Create and organize your binders online on the app I made with my brother ❤️

DrampardonMe

Ah, saw this thread the other day. Glad someone had some advice to give!

In my case, I only played White between the two (and it's been YEARS, lol) so I'm not sure what advice to give that'd be specifically helpful for Black... I mean, other than version exclusives, which is one of the easier things to look up. Of course, all this is contingent on what needs to be known in the first place!