Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 280314 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2007, 20:31 »
Um, a bit of a wierd episode there, but it was good. I did think it was a little strange that they would fuse with a human. I thought the Daleks always went on about being superior to humans, but now they fuse with them. Waht! Anyway, I thought that he green thing looked like a Jellyfish when I first saw it. We'll have to wait and see.

I can't wait to see what happens when The Doctor reveals himself to the Daleks. You'd have they would have detected him by now, but obviously not.
Yes.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2007, 21:28 »
"We are the last remaining Daleks in existance. We really are this time. Promise."

What have Daleks got to gain from leaving their nice armoured weapon-covered shells and fusing with humans? o.o They're much cuter as living robots.

I reckon its maybe to breed. They might of "run out of female Darleks" and need to evolve to survive. I dunno.

Still, good ep. It felt like a classic Darleks take over the planet scheme episode. XD

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Deathmore

• Must reach 1 post a day rate
  • Joeno Fan
  • Volkner-The 4th Hokage?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2007, 10:03 »
What was that Daleks name? I think i've heard it sounded like the one from Doomsday

Offline CC|The 2nd Coming

• When you feel low, like after Valentines, you decide to be a
  • Joeno Fan
  • CC's making a comeback people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2007, 10:07 »
Probably was that one.  The Doctor was right when he said "How do they stay alive when I lose everything?"  The race has been killed.... 5 times over the 25-30 years of Doctor Who existence.

"The Daleks shall evolve, like the puny things that humans call Pokemon!"

Thanks a lot Zerrissen =D

Thanks TMDR for being such an awesome friend!  And don't forget she did the avatar picture!

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2007, 10:12 »
What was that Daleks name? I think i've heard it sounded like the one from Doomsday

It was called Dalek Sec, Leader of the Cult of Skaro. And yes, it was the same one from Doomsday.
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline Empoleon Lord

• The Last of the TimeLords
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I am the Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2007, 12:15 »
It was called Dalek Sec, Leader of the Cult of Skaro. And yes, it was the same one from Doomsday.

When the Doctor said, "the Cult of Skaro" i though it meant that the Daleks had finall;y developed a culture. but it's actually a group.

Why does Skaro get destroyed during the Time War when the Doctor made Skaro's sun go supernova during Rememberance of the Daleks?

If the TimeLords did it, then what about the Thals?

Edit: I found this on wilkipedia, should stop romours that John Simm, from life on mars, is the sixth person to play The Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN_thxvdDyk

look carefully at the bit that says "portrayed by" and you'll know what i mean
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 13:48 by Empoleon Lord »
http://yadragonite
I personally want Diamond

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2007, 19:38 »
^ Hey, how about a spoiler warning?

Loved the episode. But why do I get the feeling the Human Dalek won't do anything besides stand around and shout orders? =/

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2007, 20:10 »
Darleks love killing things right? So, what if the human Darlek discovers he can no longer "EXTERMINATE!" and starts feeling human emosions? He d no longer be a true Darlek, so me thinks he ll kill himself because of what he has become, kinda what he deserves for turning humans into Pig Slaves.

But heck, its only a theory, but I clever one I thought up. XD

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2007, 20:54 »
Managed to catch the repeat tonight. 

"We are the last remaining Daleks in existance. We really are this time. Promise."

XD My thoughts exactly upon watching this. 

The human dalek made me laugh too... I'm not sure how daleks "breed" anyway, though I'm not sure how being a human-dalek helps. I liked the fact that he was still wearing that guy's shoes. I don't know why that amused me. 

Also, Martha is very good at being kidnapped, if anyone else noticed... is that the third episode out of three? Ah well. 

Quite confusing episode, but the next one seems to promise lasers and explosions, so all is well =D 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Mushroom

• PKMN.NET's Original Pirate Captain
  • Elite Four Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "Last Post On The Page" King
    • View Profile
    • My Music Review Site
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2007, 20:59 »
Darleks love killing things right? So, what if the human Darlek discovers he can no longer "EXTERMINATE!" and starts feeling human emosions? He d no longer be a true Darlek, so me thinks he ll kill himself because of what he has become, kinda what he deserves for turning humans into Pig Slaves.

But heck, its only a theory, but I clever one I thought up. XD

Yeah, but the Cult of Skarro have thoughts and feelings too, and they haven't killed themselves. They went mad, and Sec is the leader, and is so the maddest of the bunch.

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2007, 23:02 »
I love the Cult of Skaro...

The moment when Sec said "Then why are there millions of humans and only four of us?", the two talking to him slowly turned to eachother. Comedy moment with Daleks - It's gotta be good.

That was, however, one of the high points of an otherwise rather dull and oddly paced episode. The Doctor would never have let Tallulah (three l's, one h) go off by herself. Also, why did Frank and Solomon just put their hands up to volunteer with the Doctor without asking any questions?

Sudden jumps of time and scene were a bit sketchy when up against long drawn out scenes in the sewers... Good content on the whole and some nice dialogue, but it just felt like a jigsaw made up of pieces that didn't quite fit.

Oh, but the "Oh... I should've guessed. He's into Musical Theatre. What a pity" bit was funny. And all the theatre bits were good fun, especially the song - Thank you, Murray Gold!

Top acting of course from Tennant and Agyeman, well supported by Hugh Quarshie and his 'accent'.

6/10.
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline TrainerWhite

• [Guilty.Universe]
  • Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2007, 23:50 »

XD I thought the exact same thing, I wish the Daleks would just go away, I'm bored of them.

The human Dalek sounded so silly with the new yorker accent.

Offline Phil

• Currently Quirkless!
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2007, 01:51 »
A very basic evolution of a Dalek with Human DNA can be found in the episode Dalek with the Ninth Doctor and Rose.  Though how Dalek Sec will react I'm very curious about.

As for why they'd do such a thing, they know the future.  They know that humanity spreads and spreads for millenia.  With that potential for a Dalek Human hybrid to spread throughout history instead would be too tempting.
It's inverted snobbery; people have to be ashamed for being clever.
~ Miss Ferns

Something's Cowly!

[00:21] <&Phil> I want to update my profile, but I dunno what to add. :o

Offline [Whatsername]

• "And we'll have Halloween on Christmas"
  • Rex Fan
  • LC|Lost Cause.
    • View Profile
Doctor Who
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2007, 22:38 »
Is it just me, or does anyone else think it's strange that the dalek human walks out wearing the same suit, in perfect condition?

Great episode though in my opinion. Scary piggys!
Dear Nobody. . .

[PiA]

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2007, 20:21 »
As for why they'd do such a thing, they know the future.  They know that humanity spreads and spreads for millenia.  With that potential for a Dalek Human hybrid to spread throughout history instead would be too tempting.

It's pretty much because of the Cult of Skaro's way of thinking - Recall that they're designed to think and feel emotions as the enemy does. In this case, they think like humans and strive for improvement like they do.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think it's strange that the dalek human walks out wearing the same suit, in perfect condition?

The PROTECTO-SLIME probably kept it nice and clean. And shiny!

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE