Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 284278 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Sir Eggs and Toast

• I can be your fanboy too!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • m00@j00t00
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #300 on: June 22, 2007, 17:55 »
We have the DVDs now.  I was talking about Season 3 on the air.
<Joeno> Moo I say
<Chani> indeed.. mooo
<Chani> o.O

I be #116 - Horsea in the PUK crew.

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 22, 2007, 18:05 »
Well apparently, according to wikipedia anyway "The third season is scheduled to air on the Sci Fi Channel beginning on July 6, 2007."

So not too long for the people of USAland :P
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline Sir Eggs and Toast

• I can be your fanboy too!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • m00@j00t00
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 22, 2007, 22:44 »
Ooooooooo.

I don't know what to say to that other than.  O M G YES!   *bows*  Danke berra muchly. 

*goes to look into it*
<Joeno> Moo I say
<Chani> indeed.. mooo
<Chani> o.O

I be #116 - Horsea in the PUK crew.

Offline Deathmore

• Must reach 1 post a day rate
  • Joeno Fan
  • Volkner-The 4th Hokage?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 23, 2007, 15:21 »
Yesterday on totally doctor who we see that weird lady about to shoot the jones family and martha jack and doctor are in a car getting there so the doctor gets to the past/present and arre gonna stop mister saxon/ master

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 23, 2007, 20:30 »
Actually, I'd be happy enough if the series stopped there =D 

The master is rather fantastic, methinks [poor Harriet Jones, though, whatever happened to her]. And I like the floating metal spheres of knives, lasers and death... they're rather odd. 

I missed a huge chunk of it in the middle because my dad arrived [with curry O:] and started talking about how he'd watched it a few episodes back or.. something. So from the bit with the teletubbies [xD] to the part after the doctor had the flashback... it's rather scrambled Dx 

There are other things that I can't quite remember. 
The drumming is catchy though. 
I think this episode began too suddenly: "Wheeey, we solved that cliffhanger in two seconds in a totally non-obvious way =D" 
Guess it had to be moved along, though. 

And the paradox machine stuff looks rather great... must be all the red. 
Something. 

And now for the slightly saner reviews. 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Superficial Mycosis

• Untitled
  • Fan Rotom
  • Pronouns: They/Them
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #305 on: June 23, 2007, 20:57 »
sane you said?
oops =D

heheheh, that was pretty damn awesome!
why are insane people so..  i dunno..   theres just something about them which makes them so much better than everyone else!

yeh..  The Master is cool, so moo
although he looked more spiffy way back..  but oooh well =D

the drums = awesome
paradox machiene = interesting..
laser screwdriver = pwnage
slicey circles of speach = I WANT ONE! D=  <333

awesome episode..  really was..   heheheh, loved the whole gas bit..  heheheh

the fimbles are better than the teletubbies though..
but thats not really relevant..  heh..

Jack needs to do more now please..     cos so far all hes really been good for is that machieney thingy.. 
well, and randomly having the Doctor's hand for extreame convinience for The Master.. 

silly bean

wooooo =D

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 23, 2007, 21:19 »
Loved this episode. Some parts seemed a little rushed though.

I loved the bit about Gallifrey and the Time War. Those little robot things were a bit wierd though.

And I though the Master was more of a Clangers person than Tellitubbies :P

And a good cliffhanger aswell.

Next weeks looks interesting.

And for some reason I keep tapping those four beats ><.
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 23, 2007, 21:30 »
Great episode, in my opinion... Liked the Gallifrey explanations, especially about the Vortex. Oh, and I noticed two old Doctor Who references:
- Martha jokes, saying something like "You might as well say you're half-brothers." An original script was to reveal the Master as the Doctor's brother in a very old episode.
- The Master offers his wife Jelly Babies in the same way Tom Baker used to offer them as a habit.

And for some reason I keep tapping those four beats ><.

Me too. Good fun.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #308 on: June 23, 2007, 21:49 »
Very good episode. Cant wait for next week.

My friend told me the sky base was a tribute to Captain Scarlet, which is something I spotted during the ep. lol. XD

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 23, 2007, 22:40 »
"He's got a bigger screwdriver than me!"

Mister Tennant xD <3

Yes... amazing episode. I loved all the old references, like the Master's love of children's TV shows... Clangers > Teletubbies though. John Simms makes an awesome Master, his little moments made me giggle. Like the bit in the board room where that choking guy was shouting "You're insane!" and he just grinned and stuck his thumbs up... aah xD

Many many hilarious moments in that ep indeed. Especially when the Doctor explained the Perception Changer as "Like when someone you fancy doesn't know you exist," and Martha was looking all crestfallen, then Jack goes "You too, huh?" Love it.

So, who's betting those spiky ball things are either a form of Dalek or contain TimeLord brains? And that Martha's gonna fetch the Torchwood team?

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Mushroom

• PKMN.NET's Original Pirate Captain
  • Elite Four Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "Last Post On The Page" King
    • View Profile
    • My Music Review Site
« Reply #310 on: June 23, 2007, 22:57 »
OK, todays episode=awesome.

If the Daleks appear in the next episode I will have lost faith in the writers of Doctor Who. We've had them in two finales so far, I don't want them in another.

That was SO Skybase. Captain Scarlet FTW

I want The Master to get his TARDIS back!

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 24, 2007, 00:16 »
It was an an awsome episode as ever. I would have thought they showed more about how they got back,  but oh well. It was good to finally seem some pictures of gallifrey, although I was hoping to see bits of the Doctor when he was young.

I had to Lol at the bit with the Teletubbies. Halarious. The attitude of the master, even though he was prime minister was worth an award. Great acting on John Simm's behalf. Left on a bit of a cliff hanger. I wonder where Martha's going.

The thing I don't get is that Lazarus's thing was used to make the Doctor age, but the Master said 100 years. why would he age so much, even though he's like 1000. But it's not as if he was growing human years, because he looks about 30 or so, pluss the 100 years makes him 130, which is way beyond the life span of a human...
Yes.

Offline Turtlejosh

• Yay Turtles!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I don't care if it's a tortoise, it's still mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 24, 2007, 09:07 »
I really liked that episode. The Master is truely evil, I mean he stole the Doctor's Jelly babies. How does he sleep at night. And what's with his wife, she's a bit... odd. Had to laugh when he said "Here come the drums!" and the music plays.

I reckon those things are humans from a parrelel Earth, since there are 6 Billion of them. That or timelords, since he said that it would break the Doctor's hearts.

Offline President Hawkeye

• Capital: Goldenrod City --- Population: 441 --- Pkmn Species: 100 --- Stunningly beautiful and culturally diverse. This is Johto.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Јοђτσ шιίί αίшαγξ βε мγ τґμε һσмε.
    • View Profile
    • Tohjo Falls - Pokémon Blogging
« Reply #313 on: June 24, 2007, 10:16 »
What can I say? Excellent episode. I love the Master, he owns everyone!
I like the references near the end of the episode, like the Jellybabies thing when he offered his wife them (Tom Baker used to do it) and, I hate to admit this but, Valiant based on Captain scarlet....

Heh, I love every single character on this show! I wonder if DT is gonna complain now about kids on his lawn and how, when he was young, they never used to have water or banana's....

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 24, 2007, 10:45 »
Well, yeah.

That was fairly excellent.

Simm as the Master was utterly amazing, just what the series needed. He was manic, but one found oneself almost rooting for him.
And Lucy Saxon is pretty good as well, her little dancing at the end was funny.

The telephone conversation between the Master and the Doctor was excellently written and played. And Martha's family were good.

The Doctor, Martha and Jack obviously didn't have that much to do... But they'll come into their own this series.

And... ~tear~ Gallifrey! We saw Gallifrey! And Time Lords... wearing proper Time Lord clothes! That was wonderful, almost had a tear in my eye.

All in all..what.. 4.95/5. Because next week's... next week's can still be better.

P.S. - Anyone's signal go funny? We had a storm, the digital started crashing, we had to go and watch it on the tiny terrestrial upstairs.
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."