Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 282132 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #390 on: June 30, 2007, 23:00 »
Theroy! President and PMs sometimes have lookalikes right? What if the lookalike was killed instead of the Master? o.o

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline .Wolfie-kun.

• A dark warrior with an even darker past....
  • Joeno Fan
  • Forever trapped in eternal darkness...
    • View Profile
    • My FF forum - Frantic Fantasy
« Reply #391 on: June 30, 2007, 23:06 »
What I'll never get is why the wife shot the Master, I must've missed something, can someone please explain?

Theroy! President and PMs sometimes have lookalikes right? What if the lookalike was killed instead of the Master? o.o

Thats a pretty random yet good theory

Credit to Jessu for the awesome Lugia pic <3

"And I can't love you, anymore than I do.
People die, but real love is forever."

Xbox Gamertag: HJ Blaze

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #392 on: June 30, 2007, 23:51 »
What I'll never get is why the wife shot the Master, I must've missed something, can someone please explain?
She said "[after being taken to see the end of the universe] There didn't seem to be much point [in living] anymore". She was probably so shocked, she did whatever The Master said (Marrying him, letting him get a way with things) but secretly, she hated him, but was unable to rebel, until she saw hope (Provided by The Doctor's and Martha's plans).

Offline .Wolfie-kun.

• A dark warrior with an even darker past....
  • Joeno Fan
  • Forever trapped in eternal darkness...
    • View Profile
    • My FF forum - Frantic Fantasy
« Reply #393 on: June 30, 2007, 23:56 »
Ah right now I get it, thanks ^^

Credit to Jessu for the awesome Lugia pic <3

"And I can't love you, anymore than I do.
People die, but real love is forever."

Xbox Gamertag: HJ Blaze

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 01, 2007, 00:01 »
A very good ending to the series I must say! I can't believe Jack is the face of Boe... What a twist. Fantastic acting on everyones behalf. But is Martha really leaving?? Surely not...She's been good! I hope she does return fror series 4.

The christmas special looks like it's gonna be another thriller. Great twist, but 'how?' is my question...
Yes.

Offline Pinsir24

• 21st October 2007, the day I became accepted as a
  • Joeno Fan
  • Credit to Sappy for this loyal avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 01, 2007, 00:09 »
Does anybody think The Doctor was becoming a little Jesus-like, when he said 'I forgive you' to the Master?

Excellent, well thought out episode, if a little OTT. Doctor Who has become a great show. I wish it'd follow the old continuity more, and be a little less epic with everything, but I guess it's better for everyone in this format. I think it'd be better if they mentioned The Master in the eye of harmony, and stuck to the 13 life rule.

Would the Master willingly die if he could live another life? More importantly, is The Doctor in love with The Master?

At last I'm a Forum Addict, you all must now... oh, oh darn. How long ago did that happen?

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 01, 2007, 07:38 »
the master is the wife. the doctor knows the master, and knows that he would never let himself die. the bit near the end with the hand picking up the ring, that was the master, but somehow in disguise.

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 01, 2007, 08:11 »
QUESTION!

Why do Timelords burn their dead Timelord buddies, which pretty much copying what the Jedis do in Star Wars? 0.o

Because, (and I hate to say this) they do nick a hell of a lot.

HEart of Time = Stargate
Mini 900 year old Doctor = Golem/Dobby
Burning the Jedi way = Star Wars
City in a bubble = Just about every crap scifi thing.

I think, as I predicted, it redeemed itself from last week. The Face of Boe (or perhaps it should be "beau" now?) was an excellent mini twist that carried loads of weight.

Personally, I'm glad Martha's gone. She was always second best to Rose, you cannot beat the Piper girl. *hugs*

Does anybody think The Doctor was becoming a little Jesus-like, when he said 'I forgive you' to the Master?

Too damn true. Consider: Martha goes around the world, telling "the story" about some iconic figure, who has sacrificed himself for the good of everyone. Then, when they all put their faith into him, and believe in him, he is resurrected with arms open wide. THen he forgives the sinner.

ZOMG TEH DOCTOR IS JEEZUS!!!

Anyway, that bit was excessively cheesy.

I think John Simm was way too good a Master for them to just drop him. If they really did kill off the Master, then they may have safeguarded themselvesto protect them from status effects by not putting the whole hand picking up some random ring.

I did think it was sad when the Master refused to generate (and yeah, I reckon Pinsir is dead right that there is/was something going on with those two) - "But we've done so much together!!" 0.o

The Christmas special last year was abysmal, in my opinion. I cannot stand Catherine Tate, I think she embodies everything that I dislike in this country and so there is little faith in me that the next Christmas Special will be any different. However, the fact that the Titanic actually broke through the TARDIS is a little bit...worrying. I thought it was invincible. >>

Roll on Torchwood and Captain Jack! *waves a flag.*

Offline Deathmore

• Must reach 1 post a day rate
  • Joeno Fan
  • Volkner-The 4th Hokage?
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 01, 2007, 09:16 »
Titanic Question!

in the first series the 9th doctor talks about the tianic saying he was one a ship that hit an ice berg and sank. also in rose you see 9th doctor saving a family from going on the tianic and now you DT on he tianic isn't this part of the whole can't be in 2 places at the same time thing in father's day.

and also how did it crash since the doctor just set the tardis in the time vortex.

No one metioned the:
"What? What?! What!" the same in doomsday and last of the time lords.

In series 1 and 2 the tardis is all blue and dark in the nside and in doomsday when donna enters the tardis is dark and blue but from runaway bride the tardis has been bright yellow

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 01, 2007, 09:23 »
No one metioned the:
"What? What?! What!" the same in doomsday and last of the time lords.

Quote from: Dragonpika
And I loved the return of the "WHAT?" at the end of the series... Mister Davies does like ending serieses that way =P

Erm...*cough.*

Offline Deathmore

• Must reach 1 post a day rate
  • Joeno Fan
  • Volkner-The 4th Hokage?
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 01, 2007, 10:06 »
in rose the doctor says the tardis is indistructable but how come the titanic hit it and broke it?

that's what they said about no one can eneter the tardis with out the key or the door open. but donna got in.

another find how...... entered the tardis episode

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #401 on: July 01, 2007, 10:29 »
Quick question, what is the name of that song that plays when the master pushes Grandad Doctor About? 'tis really catchy.

Offline Voltorb2005

• I need anger management! ARRRRRGGGHHH! *Breaks your computer in half*
  • Joeno Fan
  • Sooo.... Bored....
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 01, 2007, 10:42 »
I think it is possible that the master could come back. Reason being: The amount of times the daleks and cybermen have all been 'wiped out' and have returned are now uncountable and in the old series, once the master died, that was it coz he'd used up all his regenerations, so he couldn't regenerate, even if he wanted too (similar to him dying last night). But still, he survived and found new bodies.

Name: Charmander
I luv voltorbs!

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 01, 2007, 11:42 »
Quick question, what is the name of that song that plays when the master pushes Grandad Doctor About? 'tis really catchy.

I Can't Decide by the Scissor Sisters <3

Re: the 13 life rule... they HAVE stuck to it, haven't they? o.o The Master chose not to regenerate even though he could've, and the Doctor is still only on his 10th life. Or had the Master supposedly used all of his up?

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Shove over Harley, Nando's the smexy one now!

• Formely Harley is Smexy! I am Pokemon #332 Cacturne in the PUK Pkmn Crew! Is also a very ill
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • My fire still burns for Harley though.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 01, 2007, 12:29 »
I can't wait til Christmas!

I think that little Doctor was wierd, getting tiny as he aged. 
And Jack as the face of Boe! It's understandable, when you see that the Face of Boe and the Doctor get along really well.