Author Topic: PKMN.NET Official Meet: 2009  (Read 26492 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline lit R.I.P PUK

• your lovable neighbourhood aspie. no srsly. resident dance gavin dance fanboy, obessive person, and zombie slayer. stop reading me. ;;
  • Joeno Fan
  • JENJEN IS MY GAY LOVER
    • View Profile
    • devianTART
Re: PKMN.NET Official Meet: 2009
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2009, 09:57 »
Darn you children and your meetingness. D:

-waits 3 years-

Wait...16 right?
lolwebbz
Chav.
You remind me of a chav.

Offline Deoxys2

• Sentret Fan
  • In Arsène Wenger we trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2009, 12:14 »
I'd say it was a brilliant day, possibly one of the best in my life. :3
Meeting people from a forum is one of the best days of your life...? :o Wow, that is either really sad, or all the other days in your life have been nothing but torture. Then I'd understand. But I have a feeling it's the first one...

blazibaby

« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2009, 12:24 »
You mind telling us all whats so sad about actually wanting to meet up with friends?

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2009, 12:35 »
Glad you all had a lovely time.

I'd like to go for the next meet (if there is one); but preferably I'd like to book my Train as early as possible to get t'cheapest fares. Book early!

Meeting people from a forum is one of the best days of your life...? Wow, that is either really sad, or all the other days in your life have been nothing but torture. Then I'd understand. But I have a feeling it's the first one...

What is so different to meeting people on a forum than meeting people in real life? He has spent a day of his life having a great time, talking to funny, friendly people. The only difference here is that there is the internet involved. It's certainly a memorable day. If meeting people like that is "sad", then I have to say that meeting any of your friends in real life is "sad".

And I find it hypocritical of you that you criticize a person for being a part of a forum WHILST being a member yourself. Ergo, by your own argument, YOU are also "sad".
Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 12:39 by Winston Payne »

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2009, 12:38 »
Meeting people from a forum is one of the best days of your life...? :o Wow, that is either really sad, or all the other days in your life have been nothing but torture. Then I'd understand. But I have a feeling it's the first one...

Wow, aren't you raining on our parade.

I still can't understand why people think being on a forum is that sad, especially going to meet them whether it be for the first time, or with me and a certain couple of members, now in the double figures. You meet people who you never thought existed in terms of kindness, how much fun they are, I can go on.

It makes me laugh how people go and see people they met on holiday or such, yet when it's over a forum and when you've talked to them on MSN, IRC, AIM etc for years and years, it's ridiculed.

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Typhlosion

« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2009, 13:01 »

Not that you'd be welcome at such a meet until you drop the attitude problem Deoxys2, so what you think doesn't really matter in this instance anyway.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2009, 13:14 »
Deoxys2 you even wanted to meet up with me once lol.

Its not sad, its only considered sad cos its "different" and people dont like different things, imo.
Slowly an old member..

Webby2

« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2009, 13:18 »
I'm hoping to go next year if there is one.

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2009, 13:23 »
Its not sad, its only considered sad cos its "different" and people dont like different things, imo.

It's getting your head around it that most people cannot seem to fathom. In a strange way, I've actually brought more of an acceptance of it in my social circle, and it's starting to expand as I know of two or three people who have started going to see people who they've known for a while via forums and the like. Not as much as I do, but it's a start. When I first went to meet someone off the internet, I was so nervous and unsure what to expect, but since then which was only.. 20 months ago, I've visited so many people it's quite amazing really.

I guess it's this entire "You don't know who you're meeting" that really makes people paranoid and through that ridicule it all. But if you know what you're doing and not meeting everyone who bats an eyelid at you online, it's fine. And what's funny is how many great people I've met through it. I've got friends all over the country, some 5 hours away, some just an hour away. Sure, I can't do things all the time with them, cinemas etc, but I've got other friends for that.

And Deoxys2, the surprise of finding so many people who are genuinely fantastic is what makes it such a great day.

I daresay the new people I met from here (Ben, Peter, Conor and Leon) was surprised at me. =P

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2009, 13:24 »
Webbz not being there (He has no choice about coming to the next meet)

I honestly doubt he will make it next year. xD
He'll probably blow all his EMA and not be able to afford to go at all.

If I'm Northampton Uni next year, you can pretty much expect to see me tag along. =]
Since a train from Northampton won't be too much trouble. :3

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

blazibaby

« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2009, 13:28 »
Heh..

For the time being...I think I'll be avoiding the meets xD

I get lost in my own local town...never mind LONDON.

And I'd find it pretty awkward considering I've fallen out with quite a lot of members...and if they were there...oooh boy ^^;

I'll remain a hermit.

Offline Mulholland

• Senior Staff Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • Poyo?
    • View Profile
    • Before I Kick
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2009, 17:14 »
I daresay the new people I met from here (Ben, Peter, Conor and Leon) was surprised at me. =P

The Hagrid voice is what surprised me, 'tis like 4 various shades of awesome.

Was a great day if I do say so myself :D

Offline Neon Nocturnal

• Just Lurkin'
  • 1337 Donator
  • Joeno Fan
  • Lurkin' a lurkin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2009, 12:27 »
The Hagrid voice Rocked.
The day was so fun and so many funny things happened (especially on the way back) that it will probably remembered for a long time.

I'd like to pick my own highlights from my life thank you very much. :3

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2009, 12:49 »

The Hagrid voice?

;_;

Am I ever going to live that down? =[

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
i hope you find your way