Author Topic: RESIGNATION  (Read 13069 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline BlackStatic

• PKMN.NET's official Lyra and Derpy Hooves fan. I'm not really that active on here anymore.
  • Joeno Fan
  • Call me Ayla.
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: RESIGNATION
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2010, 11:46 »
Wow Jeroen, after so long you've had your eventual end. It was worth your work and voice as a staff member though to speak your mind and make PKMN.NET the amazing forum it is today. During the years you have worked as an admin I'm sure many people have come to respect you not only as a member of staff, but as an individual person. Some have even come to fear your superiority or look up to you as a god. I know I did in my earliest days...
As a member of this site I'd like to say this: I tip my hat to you, good sir.
It's our own fault Joeno has quit his long held position.
Not entireley. I beleive it was Jeroen's own choice to resign, not only for reasons associated to this site but for personal matters as well. Everyone has to have their end at some point, and thus he made this decision for his own reasons. Only time will tell which admins move on next in life, and all we can do now is be proud for the long dedicated hours of devotion he gave us.

Offline Caldoran

• Act as Rum
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Ameba Gone Zingy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2010, 13:30 »
I saw this coming, but nevertheless I feel a sense of surprise and sudden sadness. I've taken some time after reading this thread to make this (very short and very very late) reply, so yeah. I really respect you as an Admin and as a person, Joeno, and though we've had our conflicts, I look upon with great respect that you've never let it cloud your judgment on me, as with everyone else. I wish you great success in your future life, and I wish that you'd drop by here once in awhile when you're free :]

Thank you for all your work Joeno, I'm sure everyone on this site appreciates it greatly even though some may not express it.
The above statements are masterfully crafted fabrications.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2010, 14:11 »
Well...I kinda saw this coming...but not this out of blue. =/ It will be sad to see you go Jeroen. You've been a huge part of this site for the most part of 10 years and really, this site would not have advanced as far as it has over the past years without the time and effort you've put in. I'd like to thank you for everyone you've put into the site since I've been.

Although you've come under a bit of tension recently with everything that's been going on, I still hope you go away feeling proud for what you've done while you've been here and how far you've brought this site.

All the best for the future Jeroen. Tot ziens. =]
Yes.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2010, 21:36 »
Wow. It is amazing that tbh Pandemonium has seemed to put into words what I was thinking after seeing this thread. L is completely right, I almost never check this area out, although I must admit the all-caps resignation thread caught my eye. Guess I'll just say good luck to you Joeno. Hope things go well for you, and that the site can continue to grow.

Offline Iceduck

• Retired Senior Staff Member
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Rare Candy Trades - steroids for Pokemon est. 1995
    • View Profile
    • My rather bland website
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2010, 18:38 »
It's nothing I haven't said to you personally, Jeroen, but I think it's worth responding in public as well.

This site wouldn't be a fraction of what it is now without you.  I strongly suspect it would've died quietly long ago, probably around 2004.

I don't think most posters here will ever know how hard you worked.  Actually, scratch that - I doubt even I really know how many hours you've poured into working on this site.

It's a genuine tragedy to see you leave.  I wish you the best of luck, and hope to see you around as a friend, if not as a colleague.  I hope the site can survive without you, but that's one enormous challenge right there.
Follow me on Twitter! - read it, discuss it, set it as your homepage.  This will soon be added to the PKMN.NET rules.

Offline Catstorm

• *MEMERS 4EVER 2K14*\\HONORARY MEMBER//
  • Joeno Fan
  • ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2010, 04:21 »
I didn't expect this. Even though I haven't been on this web site for very long, I know that you probably put tons and tons of work and coffee into here, but life calls!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:23 by Catstorm »
macaw5: *at a lunch table*.... I only have one question. Where did the table come from
i dont go on this site almost at all any more so feel free to check out my
tumblr, deviantart and
youtube

Offline Lugiafanatic

• Lugia
  • Joeno Fan
  • Thanks to dark-snorlax for the avvy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2010, 00:36 »
This is a sad moment for all of us Joeno...
Like others have noted the site would have died a long time ago without you.....It'll be hard to find someone who can keep it alive. I hope things look better for you in the future, Joeno!

I am Lugia, the guardian of the sea.

--------
We're looking for mods here. Please join and PM me there for details!

Offline Spriter Neb

• The one and only...Spriter Neb
  • Mulholland Fan
  • my creation is mine
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2010, 02:02 »
wow...I know some people didnt like you as much as others, but I never thought you would've quit over it. Not only does this make me kinda sad (because of what the future of the site might turn out to be), but it makes me kinda mad. You make it sound like PKMN.net is some monster that you created and you're glad to be rid of it. Do you really want to toss this entire site out of you're life? Well, I guesse that's up to you. So long, and if you really wat to, good riddance
"I am Neb...The spriter"

MonsterMon64

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2010, 18:39 »
^I don't really like how you've worded any of that. You can't expect everyone to stay on this site forever, staff or otherwise, so whether it's because of stress, to prioritize things in one's life, or just a personal choice, some people are simply going to leave eventually, some sooner than others. Plus, I don't think Joeno regrets all the work he's done on the site in the least, and to say that he's "tossing this entire site out of his life" is a harsh statement I feel couldn't be further away from the truth. It's more like he's stepping back.

Offline Spriter Neb

• The one and only...Spriter Neb
  • Mulholland Fan
  • my creation is mine
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2010, 20:40 »
^I'm sorry. Its just that thats what I got out of it.
"I am Neb...The spriter"

MonsterMon64

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2010, 21:24 »
Mm. I understand, but I personally believe it's more than just members giving him a hard time or whatever else it was. I mean, things build up.

Sorry for lunging at you like that, myself. ^^;

progartpkmn98

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2010, 23:50 »
Mixed Emotions

On one hand I'm all "Yay an open admin spot", but on the other hand, you, an admin for maaaaaaaaaaany years has left. Please come back sometime soon.

Are you going to be a regular on the forums?

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2010, 00:13 »
That doesn't mean there's an open admin spot at all. It just means that there is one less administrator on the site. It just happens to be one of the core administrators.
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Neon Nocturnal

• Just Lurkin'
  • 1337 Donator
  • Joeno Fan
  • Lurkin' a lurkin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2010, 22:57 »
Mm. I understand, but I personally believe it's more than just members giving him a hard time or whatever else it was. I mean, things build up.
Yeah, one thing becomes more work han you bargained for, but then you still have to work as hard for the other things you already do in your life. As life goes on you are handed more responsibilities, sometimes you have to drop some of them in order to suceed in others. That's what life is about really, balancing your responsibilities well and making hard choices.

(Of course a baby is a responsibility too, but please don't drop that. :/)

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2010, 06:19 »
I don't think it's a joke thread. Joeno's status has five Pokeballs- a sign that he is now an ordinary member. Admins, I think, have five Master Balls as status- correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, we may not care on our heads if an admin resigned, but deep in our hearts, we do care if one is resigned. That means an open spot is left unreserved.

Who do you think would be the next admin?