Author Topic: X/Y moveset suggestions thread  (Read 3526 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
X/Y moveset suggestions thread
« on: October 18, 2013, 09:50 »
So I know some of you might be raising some Pokemon that you're unsure of what to fill their moveslots with. Whether it be your starter, or any obscure Pokemon you captured, perhaps others that raised those Pokemon can tell you what they found to be effective, and what didn't seem to work for them?

I raised an Aegislash in Y version, and for the longest time, it was rough deciding on how to use it. But once I used a Heart Scale to re-teach King's Shield, it's very easy to attack the opponent with Sword Stance's awesome Attack stat, and immediately go back into Shield Stance to protect you from taking huge damage the next turn when your defenses have been lowered, due to being in Sword Stance.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline b1g

• nonchalant rapper
  • Joeno Fan
  • better than you
    • View Profile
    • lacklustre records
Re: X/Y moveset suggestions thread
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 10:42 »
Talking in-game play or competitve?

I've been using Aegislash too, well, I raised one before I took on the E4 and now it's at the same level as the rest of my party thanks to the helpfulness of EXP.SHARE in this game (broken as...)

King's Shield is a must use move, Aegislash has a huge attack stat too (according to blocked) and i've been running it with Swords Dance but I think it doesn't even need it if it's lashing out super-effective hits. Sacred Sword is what I have filled it out with, along with Iron Head, but I feel like it needs a priority move to get in where there isn't enough speed to finish the job off (but the whole Shield Forme ability is real, real useful).
better than you, est. always

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 11:06 »
Mostly in-game, as there's not really a competitive metagame hammered out yet, and that'd more likely go in Team Building board.

I had SD on mine, but dropped it in favor of running Iron Head, Shadow Claw, Sacred Sword and King's Shield, for in-game. It's incredibly useful to get the slow attack after they've hit your ridiculous defensive stats, and immediately King's Shield next turn to repeat the process.

Offline b1g

• nonchalant rapper
  • Joeno Fan
  • better than you
    • View Profile
    • lacklustre records
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 11:38 »
True, true. I was gonna run Shadow Claw, but i'm using a Pangoro which already has that... considering my Pangoro also has Parting Shot, doesn't make much sense to have two when I can switch between Aegislash and Pangoro so easily, especially since switching into Shield Forme is beneficial with the -2 attack bonus.

What else are you running at the moment? I thought i'd give the Battle Maison a go, and it seems pretty easy... I wanna change up my team though. Maybe with Helioptile/Eelektross, i've never used either before and both seem pretty cool.

Have you used Meowstic at all?
I'm using
Thunderwave / Thunderbolt / Psychic / Sucker Punch
I feel like Meowstic's ability is really useful to do constant damage without being affected by Reflect, Barrier, etc, but the stats just don't do anything for it... (based on what I saw on blocked).

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 11:44 »
I haven't really begun on anything competitive for gen 6, but Tyrantrum was amazing through my playthrough of Y. Rock Slide/Head Smash, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Earthquake was amazing, and he had good Attack and Defense, and decent enough Speed, backed by a good type and psuedo-STAB on Crunch.

One really obvious thing I have to say, though, is Mega Blaziken. It should go without saying, but 160 Base Attack and 100 Base Speed, plus Speed Boost, plus excellent typing... you can honestly just plow through anything in the game with this. Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick, High Jump Kick, Protect, Hone Claws/Swords Dance/Shadow Claw and you're golden.

I haven't tried Meowstick, though, but I've heard it's decent. I'd be willing to bet Gardevoir's a bit better, though, and Alakazam is assuredly better as a Psychic type.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 11:46 »
Heliolisk:
Surf / Grass Knot / ThunderBolt / Rock Tomb

(It's at Lv 53 and I'm trying to find a TM or level-up Ground move to replace Mud Slap with. When I find one I'll input it here.)

My Meowstic runs:
Future Sight / Signal Beam / Shadow Ball / Psychic
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 14:12 by Wolstenholme »

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 11:47 »
Maybe replace FS with Calm Mind
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 11:50 »
I agree with SB2K, CM would be more beneficial overall.

Sorry Wolstenholme, I haven't raised that Pokemon and know very little about it. Hopefully someone else has! :<

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 11:52 »
Signal beam should be focus blast/ HP fighting
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 11:55 »
^Well this is mostly for in-game stuff, so it doesn't have to be completely competitive. Not sure if Meowstick gets Focus Blast, and Signal Beam hits Dark types anyway.

Offline b1g

• nonchalant rapper
  • Joeno Fan
  • better than you
    • View Profile
    • lacklustre records
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 12:25 »
Well, open for suggestions to help coverage, this is my current in game team:

Meowstic: Sucker Punch/Thunder Wave/Thunderbolt/Psychic
Pangoro: Earthquake/Sky Uppercut/Shadow Claw/Parting Shot
Aegislash: King's Shield/Sacred Sword/Iron Head/Swords Dance
Greninja: Hydro Pump/U-Turn/Dark Pulse/Ice Beam
Pyroar: Flamethrower/Will-O-Wisp/Hyper Voice/Dark Pulse
Talonflame: U-Turn/Roost/Acrobatics/Flare Blitz

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 12:39 »
I'm sure Pangoro gets Night Slash, that'd be much better than Shadow Claw, as they have the same coverage, but one has STAB.

Pyroar and Talonflame are a bit redundant. I'd say Talonflame may be more useful overall, since Flying at least has some Super Effective type coverage vs. Fighting types. A Dragon is always useful if you need a Pokemon to fill a slot, even with the Fairy invasion. Salamence, Tyrantrum, Dragonite, Haxorus or Garchomp would all be good choices in Pyroar's slot. Be careful about even putting Outrage onto a set now, as it's a free switch in for Fairys.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 14:15 »
Not a fan of Calm Mind but Future Sight has won so many E4 battles for me that I have an emotional attachment to it - See Lance battle where Alakazam blasts Dragonite out of the water with Future Sight.

Signal beam should be focus blast/ HP fighting

Dark types though.

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 18:28 »
Hawlucha is pretty useful ingame! Been running: Swords Dance/Acrobatics/Hi Jump Kick/Flying Press

Flying press isn't as useful as I'd hope it would be. I think it gets roost which might be usable I guess.

Offline dandan88

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 20:13 »
I've been using Doublade ingame and STAB Shadow Sneak from that guy is reallllly nice, especially as he's naturally slow. I use Swords Dance / Shadow Sneak / Sacred Sword / Iron Head and tis very good! It's typing lets it take all sorts of hits.

Also have a Carbink or Carbuncle or whatever they're called.. Reminds me of Forretress... except better x) I use Stealth Rock / Reflect / Stone Edge / Sharpen...  probably not the best but can take pretty much any hit.