Author Topic: Reuniting with a friend?  (Read 829 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kdintranet & Scizau

• Binary Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • 01001011, 01000100
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reuniting with a friend?
« on: November 04, 2013, 20:30 »
So when I was 7 Years old I moved away from my area into a new area not too far away. I moved schools at what not, all the usual stuff when you move house. (I would say I moved about 30 miles) I obviously left all my old friends behind when I moved school and for some reason (Mainly my mums fault) I never stayed in contact with any of them. Including my like best friend ever.

The worst thing has just happened though. I have found that best friend on Facebook and obviously all my other friend along with that. He lives in the same area as I grew up with him, even in the same house. But after 13 years of not seeing someone, is it time to draw the line and say 'We've both moved on now' or do I attempt to get in contact with him and sort out the awkwardness another time. What would you do in my situation?

My head is obviously so messed up right now.
Avid Poster On Pokemon Academy

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Wolstenholme

Re: Reuniting with a friend?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 20:46 »
I was in a similar situation to this when I first started sixth form, instead of going to the same secondary school as the rest of my primary school I went to the one in the next town (because it was known for having much better results etc.) I didn't see anyone from my Primary School for 5 years but getting back in touch was fantastic, we all found out that we had way more in common than we did before and so many more of them seem to like me now...

I would say, go for it, speak to them. You will not regret it.

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 23:26 »
It's always good to give it a go. I'm back in touch with a friend I lost contact with for 12 years? And another who I hadn't seen since I was 5!
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline MOP

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 23:34 »
A guy from school got in touch with me on facebook. We talked once and then never again but I'd give it a go if you used to be friends. Could work out well and if it doesn't then it's not a big loss since you weren't in touch before any way.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 01:01 »
 Pretty much what everyone else has said.

In two weeks from now, you and your mate could be down the pub having pints. Or you could be asking yourself "what if?".

Then again, if I found an old mate on Facebook, I would just let them get on with their lives, but that's because I'm happy without them.