Author Topic: My Top 5 All Time Pokémon!  (Read 6916 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
My Top 5 All Time Pokémon!
« on: December 09, 2013, 18:37 »
Well, Generation 6 was released (ages ago, actually) meaning we now have more Pocket Monsters to add to the collection. Everyone has their favorites, and here are mine. Feel free to write your own list in a reply.

So I present to you, my top 5 favorite All Time Pokemon!

5. Infernape!

I can tell this will spark an argument, but there is always one fire starter I preferred over the Blaze Kickin' Chicken, and that is this guy.

Firstly, the design. When rating a Pokemon, design usually plays quite a big role. Blaziken looked pretty good, especially the blue/black color scheme of the mega evolution. However, Infernape is a karate monkey with... Wait for it. FIRE HAIR. If it didn't have the heat to burn my face off, I would totally want that.

Next, battle capability. Always in my OU team, Infernape is fast, powerful and able to land a lot of hits before inevitably fainting. It is unlikely you will sweep due to the abismal defense stats, but using Infernape first can leave a huge dent in your opponent's team right off the bat. Due to the bad defensive stats and the fact that it faints against nearly anything, you will need a Focus Sash to survive most moves. The bad defenses can have an advantage though, as the stats lost by Close Combat hardly affect it since it would faint anyway.

Finally, the moves and abilities. Like I said, the downside of Close Combat has next to no effect, so 120 Base Power plus STAB can cause massive damage, especially since the move is super effective on five different types (Normal, Rock, Steel, Dark and Ice). On top of that, it gets another powerful move called Flare Blitz, which also has 120 BP and STAB to deal high damage, with a side effect being pretty bad recoil. Infernape also gets moves that can negate some of its weaknesses such as Thunder Punch against Water and Flying types. It also gets U-Turn to deal damage and switch before the opponent can attack, also taking care of Psychic types.

And in the sun, this monkey is devastatingly powerful.

4. Aegislash!

With the addition of Fairy types which have already proven their dominance with three advantages and an immunity to what was formerly the most powerful type, a Steel or Poison type on your team is essential. I personally prefer the Steel type mainly due to having more advantages, an immunity and usually insane defenses. However, with Aegislash those high defenses can change depending on how you use it.

The Pokemon is always sent out into battle in it's Shield form, the form with stupidly high defense and special defense stats but abismal others. Using any attack move will change it into the Blade form, which has insane Attack and Special Attack but terrible defenses. After that, using King's Shield protects it for one turn and changes it back into the Shield form. During the turn it is protected, a Pokemon that makes contact has its Attack sliced down by two stages.

Having the Weakness Policy item increases Attack and Special Attack by two stages when the Pokemon is hit with a Super Effective move. Since the shield form can survive nearly any Super Effective attack, the Weakness Policy will activate and you rt an immediate bringer of the apocalypse. Using Swords Dance (how fitting) will boost the attack AGAIN, and then you can Shadow Sneak or Iron Head anything in sight.

3. Gengar!

Specifically the Mega Evolution, but both versions of Gengar are incredible. The normal Gengar is awesome, both in battle and in design. I LOVE Ghost types, and Gengar is definitely my favorite. It's chubby and cute, but deadly on the battlefield, with massive Special Attack and Speed.

The Mega Evolution though just KICKS ASS. Firstly, the design is a beast risen from the depths of hell, still partially under. It's like Giratina's spawn. The stats also get an amazing boost and it gains the ability Shadow Tag, which traps the opponent in battle so their only choice is to fight the beast. Sure, it does lose Levitate which gives it an extra weakness, but it was definitely worth it.

Gengar becomes even MORE useful this generation, with an overpowered STAB Sludge Bomb taking down Fairy types at will.

2. Weavile!

Weavile is proof of how kickass a weasel can be, with a fancy headdress and claws sharp enough to rip through solid steel (despite being weak to it). Weavile is simply incredible. The design is two of my favorite colors, Red and Blue. It has that headdress and scarf thing, along with a gem embedded in its own face. The last one sounds sort of painful, but awesome nonetheless.

In battle, you dont see a lot of Weavile floating around OU. However, it can destroy nearly anything in the lower tiers with Ice Punch, Night Slash and more to make sure nothing stands in it's path of destruction. The Attack and Speed stats are pretty incredible, making it a deadly physical sweeper capable of pure carnage.

I think part of the reason I love this Pokemon is because I got a shiny Sneasel on Black. I spent 36BP on a Razor Claw to evolve it, and it was worth it. That pink and gold color scheme is just... FABULOUS.

1. Scraggy and Scrafty!

Now, if you know me AT ALL, or if you've just seen my name, you should have already guesses that this duo would be first. I can't decide between the two of them which one I like more. Scraggy is cute and Scrafty is a full on badass.

Both of them look awesome. They're badass gangster lizards with sagging pants made out of their own shed skin. They both have pretty good shinies, especially Scrafty's, with the neon green hood and pants along with a glowing golden skin.

In battle, both can be used to be total powerhouses. Scrafty can run a Bulk Up or Dragon Dance set depending on how you want to use it, whether you want added speed or defense. Scraggy is an amazing starter for a Catch and Evolve tourney (C&E. Usually found on Pokemon Showdown), with Dragon Dance, Crunch, Ice Punch and Drain Punch to deal out some serious ass kickings. Scrafty, despite being in the UU tier, is deadly whichever tier you use it in.

Scrafty also gets pretty awesome defense and special defense stats, meaning it should easily survive a hit, use Dragon Dance and then use that added speed and attack to become a total sweeping machine, slowly getting stronger with the added attack from the Moxie ability.

What are your top 5 favorites? Reply with the list down below!

Needs more Gengar

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: My Top 5 All Time Pokémon!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 19:16 »
1. Mewtwo
2. Arcanine
3. Jolteon
4. Dragonite
5. Gyarados

Who needs (up to) Gen VI when you've got the original 150 Pokémon =]

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 20:41 »
I have a rehashed top 5 list, not including mega pokemon.

1. Blaziken
2. Lucario
3. Ninetales (New to the top 5)
4. Espeon (Was #3)
5. Umbreon (Was #4)
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 20:53 »
1. arcanine
2. illumise
3. houndoom
4. luxray
5. salamence

i was going to leave 3, 4, and five blank because they arent illumise or arcanine so they dont really matter :P

Wolstenholme

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 21:28 »
I'll do this by family as otherwise my top 5 l
would literally just be the Heliolisk and Hydreigon families.
1. Heliolisk
2. Hydreigon
3. Typhlosion
4. Alakazam
5. Skarmory

<3

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 21:45 »
Mine is prone to wild changes, but I think at the moment it's:

1 - Mienshao

The cute little ninja fox thing that destroys everything. Yay! xD

2 - Meganium

HAPPY FLOWER DINOSAUR!!!!!!

3 - Slurpuff

It's really cool because it looks like it's really cute and more of a cleric but then it sweeps with Belly Drum + Unburden ^_^

4 - Ampharos

I've got a shiny one on X and I love it so much <333 it's my L'oreal salesman xD

5 - Alakazam

Also got a shiny one on X and it's amazingly powerful and I'm really tempted to nickname one Spoudini...

Occasionally on the list:

Garchomp - Just because I love Flynn <333
Heliolisk - ITS A DINOSAUR
Tyrantrum - See above
Vaporeon - Because it is my favourite shiny, but it's normal isn't that great =/
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Chandelure

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 19:17 »
1. Chandelure
2. Espeon
3. Snivy
4. Ferrothorn
5. Slowpoke

It's kind of difficult to choose between Slowpoke, Psyduck, and Stunfisk for the 5th spot.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 18:14 »

Latias.

Totally awesome!

Latios.

A male Latias.

Skarmory

Err... How you doin'?

Rayquaza.

Another awesomely powerful Pokemon!

Zigzagoon.

Why not?
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline TheDesertPro

• Psythor Fan
  • you can't go forward if you keep looking back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 18:49 »
My top 5 favorite all Tim Pokemon are

#5 Reshiram this was one of my favorites for a while until the innuendo jokes happened to reach me. It sucked badly

#4 lucario. Lucario was one of those Pokemon I found really cool and when I first got one I nearly flipped with how awesome it looked

#3 greninja someone might ask Why Isn't it number one the reason is it didn't look as cool as some Pokemon but I still like it

#2 Lopunny I just love Lopunny when I first caught a buneary I thought it was cute so I kept it on my team but when it evolved I was amazed and with oras giving it a mega evolution it would be number if this Pokemon didn't exist.

#1 Mightyena this was my very first shiny I ever caught and it has been my favorite Pokemon for a long time.
If you want a fun fight in Pokemon or just want a shiny legendary I'm your man. I'm on between 4:00AM to 7:00PM
So if you want something type my friend code
Right here---> 0748-4593-6884
I will mainly play omega ruby but if your up for smash just put care to smash in the message for the friend code.

Offline nachealex

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 07:51 »
Pikachu is the number one in my heart.
Play Pokemon Games to Know the Characters Better