Author Topic: The three line "How ya doin'" topic  (Read 98870 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
Re: The three line "How ya doin'" topic
« Reply #900 on: December 10, 2014, 22:03 »
you don't understand the extent to which i feel physically ill about having gcses

it's like
i'm crying a couple times a week and school is awful because the teachers are trying to scare success into us but all it's doing for me is scaring genuine physical repulsion into me and i feel less like i'm being viewed as learning and more like i'm being viewed as stupid and i don't feel like i can talk to anyone about it because if i feel the same way again (and i will) then they'll start viewing me as whiny and dumb.  i hate the school system.  i hate my school.  i hate this.

thanks gl <3

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: December 11, 2014, 08:02 »
i'm crying a couple times a week and school is awful because the teachers are trying to scare success into us but all it's doing for me is scaring genuine physical repulsion into me and i feel less like i'm being viewed as learning and more like i'm being viewed as stupid and i don't feel like i can talk to anyone about it because if i feel the same way again (and i will) then they'll start viewing me as whiny and dumb.  i hate the school system.  i hate my school.  i hate this.

They always seem to put ridiculous amounts of pressure on the importance of success at GCSE, but tbh, unless you're looking to get into like an amazing private college or whatever you generally only need 5+ C's to go onto anywhere, and after you get whatever qualifications you go on to do your GCSE's aren't *that* important.

They'll go on about how you're shaping your future and all that bs, but that's aimed at the people on a C/D borderline really, because the difference between C and D is massive, but you seem like the kind of person who'd be getting at least the 5 C's you generally needed innately, so I'm sure you'll be fine ^^

-------

Kinda sick of work now xD Like I'm picking up overtime too much because I like the money but it's making me really tired because it seems like all I do is work, college and college work xD
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #902 on: December 11, 2014, 10:34 »
If I had a pound for every time I heard a teacher go "Guys! This is your GCSEs!" I'd be a very rich man.

We knew what it was. They didn't have to keep reminding us every five minutes about it. We were all stressed enough about it but not getting an Easter holiday because we were forced into revision classes by the headteacher and having to go in on a Saturday morning (which again we were forced into, even though we had no legal obligation to be there) and then guilt tripped into feeling bad for catering staff was just a little too much. You've got to have a break from the revision, you can't constantly revise.

"You've all got to sign a card for Val and the catering staff because they didn't get an easter holiday"
"Yeah, and neither did we, sir"
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 11, 2014, 16:47 »
The pressure on people during GCSEs is stupid. I had pressure on me last year and it was ridiculous. It was tied to the previous year's results, which were rather bad and they needed my year to do well in order to push us up the league tables (we became an academy so yeah). In the end, it turns out to be more about league tables and that's where some of the pressure comes from.

Shrub, you are certainly a person capable of strolling right on by the 5 C's barrier, you'll kick butt ^^

Meanwhile, I have no lessons tomorrow because our English teacher cancelled the lesson (for the third or fourth time this year already). I get to research 1950s America and capitalism instead >:P

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 11, 2014, 17:17 »
 Someone texted me from an unrecognised number saying that their phone is broken so I should contact them on Facebook.

They didn't give me their name and I don't know who's number it is.

There are two people it could be and neither of them are replying to their Facebook or their phones.

From now on, I'm going to keep a log of all the numbers I delete. I've got a habit of deleting numbers without knowing if the other person still has mine.

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 11, 2014, 20:43 »
New Marina song!!!! It's so good <33

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 11, 2014, 22:46 »
Just realised that in the film 'Ted' where Mark Wahlberg is trying to impress Mila Kunis with his bad singing, the man that storms the stage only to be hit with the mic stand is formber Boston Bruin player Shawn Thornton.

That's just amazing.
[Three Word Rule]

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 11, 2014, 23:33 »
 Feelings are bouncing all over the place and I just want to get into counselling and start helping people with their problems. I would love to be a college counsellor. I just want to help people at this point.

It would be nice to have a big office/room where I can bring people in and do loads of experimental counselling stuff like paints and photography and popping balloons. It probably isn't even experimental.

Offline Neotenens

• Dark-type Poet
  • Rob Fan
  • Happiness is for happy people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 12, 2014, 00:16 »
No snow yesterday, foot and a half today. Yay Canada.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #909 on: December 12, 2014, 00:30 »
They always seem to put ridiculous amounts of pressure on the importance of success at GCSE, but tbh, unless you're looking to get into like an amazing private college or whatever you generally only need 5+ C's to go onto anywhere, and after you get whatever qualifications you go on to do your GCSE's aren't *that* important.

They'll go on about how you're shaping your future and all that bs, but that's aimed at the people on a C/D borderline really, because the difference between C and D is massive, but you seem like the kind of person who'd be getting at least the 5 C's you generally needed innately, so I'm sure you'll be fine ^^

Quoted for truth, signed An Old Person Who Left School Long Enough Ago To Know This Is True.

I had my tattoo touched up/ added to today and omg my arm hurts.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 12, 2014, 01:58 »
Well, got a 146 in my individual game today and we beat the team we faced, my team's on a 2 game win streak and our JV improves to 3-2. Meanwhile, the varsity (which my older cousin is on) has a 5 game win streak and is 5-1 (should really be 6-0).

Also.... tomorrow's friday and I get to watch an episode of Iron Chef America in my cooking class which is the first class I have.  ^.^

Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 12, 2014, 13:59 »
Getting your beard stuck in a zip really hurts =[

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 12, 2014, 14:06 »

essentially my week

just have to do one more essay... then time to study for finals...

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 12, 2014, 22:17 »
In the end, it turns out to be more about league tables and that's where some of the pressure comes from.

As a qualified teacher, I know first hand that children aren't people to be moulded into the people of the future, they're just names and numbers on a spreadsheet. And this especially true at post-16: The more bums on seats you have, the more funding you get. In secondary schools, the more that pass the exams the more cash you can get your hands on. The teachers know it, the heads know it. It's been seven years since I left school and I STILL haven't needed to use Pythagoras or trig or any of that cack. GCSE maths especially is the biggest waste of time I've ever encountered.
[Three Word Rule]

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 12, 2014, 22:48 »
As a qualified teacher, I know first hand that children aren't people to be moulded into the people of the future, they're just names and numbers on a spreadsheet. And this especially true at post-16: The more bums on seats you have, the more funding you get. In secondary schools, the more that pass the exams the more cash you can get your hands on. The teachers know it, the heads know it. It's been seven years since I left school and I STILL haven't needed to use Pythagoras or trig or any of that cack. GCSE maths especially is the biggest waste of time I've ever encountered.

To be fair basic mathematics is required for pretty much every job which is why there's such an emphasis on it. It's why English and Maths are the two key ones to get at C or above because without them you can end up struggling. Everything else is additional knowledge.

Exams shouldn't be made to be this massive stressed out thing tbh. Life teaches and builds you far more than a school education does.