Author Topic: Which ending is better?  (Read 2828 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
Which ending is better?
« on: December 20, 2015, 19:16 »
I know I ask for help a lot here, but I need your opinion.

In an animation I'm making I have two ideas for endings.

Idea 1: Rayquaza is defeated. Latias sings Yes Sir, I Can Boogie, and all the characters dance and have a big disco/party.

Idea 2: Rayquaza is defeated. Then the characters build Mudkip and Skarmory a home out of the materials from the sky pillar, where the Rayquaza had been imprisoned before he had been defeated. Their first attempt, a birdhouse, is rejected by Skarmory, who yells something that appears as a speech bubble with loads of symbols in it. They try again. They build a pagoda, which gets rejected by Mudkip, and responds by throwing his "thinking hat" (a Chinese hat) at Latias (who earlier described it as a lampshade) they then build the perfect home. They go inside. THE END appears.
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline TheDesertPro

• Psythor Fan
  • you can't go forward if you keep looking back.
    • View Profile
Re: Which ending is better?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 01:03 »
I'm sorry. I'm confused on what your asking and I would go with 1 it sounds more entertaining to watch and could possibly put a smile on someone's face
If you want a fun fight in Pokemon or just want a shiny legendary I'm your man. I'm on between 4:00AM to 7:00PM
So if you want something type my friend code
Right here---> 0748-4593-6884
I will mainly play omega ruby but if your up for smash just put care to smash in the message for the friend code.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 13:05 »
Oh! Sorry! I'm asking which should I use?

Idea 1 or 2?

Idea 1 will play with a remix of yes sir I can boogie, then the end credits.

Idea 2 will play with credits with Pokemon emerald ending music.

I think idea 2 is good, because Mudkip and Skarmory decide to stay but I thought the one question everyone is going to ask is "where are they going to live?"
it sounds more entertaining to watch.
Sorry to disappoint, but it's made on PowerPoint, which means I use fly in and motion path animations, they don't actually walk. I use the only sprites (and gifs) to animate them. Not actually exciting. Unless you like watch gifs and listening to songs.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 17:06 by The name master »

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 14:32 »
we need context for the actual content of the main plot to be able to answer this

thanks gl <3

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 15:51 »
we need context for the actual content of the main plot to be able to answer this
Basically, a Mudkip and Skarmory are flying through the sky, when, suddenly they crash. They then spend the rest of their afternoon wandering through the middle of nowhere. They then find a cave with an emerald, ruby and sapphire. It turns out they're magical, as they join together and sucks them into the sky, where the get met by a mysterious figure, claiming to be the god that once protected the sky, but had his power sealed inside a box by an evil being. The creature pleads for their help, to get the box to break the hidden seal and free the creature. It says that once they've helped him, It'll send them back to their own world with a sack of money. Persuaded, they set off in search of this box through the mysterious land.

Is this enough? If not, I'll tell you more!

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 16:02 »
ok, let me clarify

1) why does rayquaza need to be defeated and in what manner (i kind of assume that rayquaza is the evil being but the proportion of rayquaza's damage compared to the damage done to rayquaza is important in how we'll view their defeat)
2) what do mudkip and skarmory do for the other characters which makes them willing to build a whole house for them
3) is there a reason for latias being the one to sing that song other than she's your favourite pokemon

from what i can see here, idea 1 looks like it might be the most logistically sound idea, but you seem to have a much deeper plan for idea 2 which can sometimes be equally as important.

thanks gl <3

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 16:30 »
Well Rayquaza tried to take over the sky world but the other characters seal his power in the box. He turns them into Pokemon as punishment. Yes he the trapped being!

Rayquaza must be defeated because he betrays Mudkip and intends to take both worlds over. And he's evil! He's defeated when his hyper beam backfires blowing him up. This may or may not change.

They just defeated an evil dude that tried to take over their world! Isn't that enough?! They thank them too!

Latias is the only female character in the whole thing, and the song is sung by a woman.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 16:58 by The name master »

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 17:33 »
ok ok this isn't massively coherent and i'm slightly concerned about your continuity; i think you need to timeline everything out, starting with a sentence (eg 'two pokemon defeat an evil tyrant, saving the world'), and then elaborating on each of the points until you have a plot which strings together.  i know you're just a kid and you're just starting out, but this is important in any story; you can animate and characterise beautifully, but if you're not sure what's going on with the plot, it'll all fall apart (see: glee seasons 4-6)

Well Rayquaza tried to take over the sky world
why did rayquaza do this; 'he's evil' will not be a good enough response. 

the other characters seal his power in the box. He turns them into Pokemon as punishment.
how did rayquaza turn them into pokemon without his powers?

He's defeated when his hyper beam backfires blowing him up. This may or may not change.
ok - be careful with this.  death is not something to be taken lightly in any media.  i am under the impression that this will be a short, in which case it's pretty unlikely that the audience will see exactly what rayquaza has done and the extent of his actions. you could still blow him up, but don't kill him - it will seem like disproportionate retribution otherwise.  also make sure mudkip and skarmory are the ones to cause the backfire or they'll just be getting credit for something that they didn't actually do.

Latias is the only female character in the whole thing
i take issue with this.  there is roughly a 50:50 ratio of men to women in the real world, and that should be represented in your fiction unless you have a very, very good reason for doing otherwise (eg orange is the new black is set in an all women's jail, so of course there are only women.  earlier military fiction will for the most part be made up of a male cast because women still aren't even allowed to fight on the front lines in the UK)

obvs you don't have to listen to my suggestions they're just guides but either way i hope u have fun making ur animation

thanks gl <3

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 17:59 »
why did rayquaza do this; 'he's evil' will not be a good enough response. 
If you can tell me why Rudy The Clown does the same thing, you've got your answer!
how did rayquaza turn them into pokemon without his powers?
Ah! I forgot to mention, one of the characters explains he uses the last of his power to change them!
make sure mudkip and skarmory are the ones to cause the backfire.
Well, technically, Skarmory DID cause the backfire. Just as Rayquaza was about to open fire, Skarmory stops everything to talk to the animator (me!) I'm a lazy animator who can't be bothered to animate boring or difficult stuff and so take the easy way out. Skarmory says an epic battle is about to start and will will take ages, and will be really hard to animate. I decide that's not happening, and so I blow Rayquaza up. If that doesn't work, I could cut that bit, because before that, Rayquaza fires at Skarmory, who reflects it back at him with a mirror (I explain why he has a mirror!) Then he could die. I did say it may change!
is there a reason for latias being the one to sing that song other than she's your favourite pokemon
Do you really want a male Mightyena to sing it?! Or a male Kecleon to sing it?!

Or (have your worst dreams realised, and) have a male Skarmory singing it that says "how you doin'?" A lot?!

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 18:20 »
ok - good stuff on points 2 and 3, thank you for explaining them.
If you can tell me why Rudy The Clown does the same thing, you've got your answer
who???

Do you really want a male Mightyena to sing it?! Or a male Kecleon to sing it?!

Or (have your worst dreams realised, and) have a male Skarmory singing it that says "how you doin'?" A lot?!
ok, that wasn't really my point.  my point is why is there such a big discrepancy between male and female characters in your work.  if i'm honest i don't really care about the song at all; i care about the representation.

thanks gl <3

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 18:26 »
who??
Rudy The Clown is the villain of Wario  Land 3, which I based the story on.
why is there such a big discrepancy between male and female characters in your work.
If I were to have 50 females (and Latias!) Skarmory would be flirting with every single one of them, which would be confusing for children. Think of the children!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 18:30 by The name master »

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 19:20 »
i'm literally not going to argue with you about how many women are in your work.  you need women in your work bc frankly if you're short on women without good reason it's pretty sexist :/

thanks gl <3

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 13:03 »
make sure mudkip and skarmory are the ones to cause the backfire.
I'm working on that. I will cut that bit. Instead they run to the top of the sky pillar, where they escape on one of these:

(Rayquaaza can't pull them back up because the controls are in the lift itself. And he can't pysically pull it up himself, as it is too heavy.)
So instead he cuts the cable with his Hyper Beam. As Rayquaza charges his Hyper Beam to cut the other cable, Skarmroy uses his own attack to explode his Hyper Beam, and Rayquaza is defeated.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2015, 15:49 »
I'm putting an end to this "sexist" nonsense!

I'm adding another character! It's a NIdorIna! Just one question: is it pronounced need-o-ryn-na? I'm sure it's right, because I've heard NIdoqueen pronounced.

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2015, 15:52 »
Name rater Master, it's Christmas but may I still please ask you edit your posts rather than double post.

Have a good day.