Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 282042 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Sean and Gliscor

• Mulholland Fan
  • 8 - 9 / 30 / 8 - 9 / 26 - 27 / 20 - 21 / 24 - 25
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #405 on: July 01, 2007, 12:31 »
I Can't Decide by the Scissor Sisters <3

Re: the 13 life rule... they HAVE stuck to it, haven't they? o.o The Master chose not to regenerate even though he could've, and the Doctor is still only on his 10th life. Or had the Master supposedly used all of his up?
if you've seen the film, the master regenerated for the 11th time into human, then regenerated again into what he was last episode. this was his last regeneration, but the doctor didnt know.
<Moxxi> Alex would still win
[22:11] <@Avalon> ^
[22:11] <@Avalon> wait

Offline .Wolfie-kun.

• A dark warrior with an even darker past....
  • Joeno Fan
  • Forever trapped in eternal darkness...
    • View Profile
    • My FF forum - Frantic Fantasy
« Reply #406 on: July 01, 2007, 12:40 »
No one metioned the:
"What? What?! What!" the same in doomsday and last of the time lords.

I loved that bit lol

Credit to Jessu for the awesome Lugia pic <3

"And I can't love you, anymore than I do.
People die, but real love is forever."

Xbox Gamertag: HJ Blaze

Offline LAClennell

• Playstation Network and Xbox Live gamer
  • Joeno Fan
  • Mirage of Deceit
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 01, 2007, 12:49 »
Oh yeah!
A geordie is the dominant species in the North Eastern English city of Newcastle... His or Her accent is distinct through the English language... I happen to be a Mackem though... The only difference is that Mackems say Ha'way! not Howay! and Mackems are better....
As if. Anyway, I bet you that it was the TARDIS that sunk the Titanic instead of the iceberg back in 1912.
I only use original Pokéballs to catch Pokémon, nothing else. This is the sign of a true Pokémon Expert

Offline Xagor

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 01, 2007, 12:54 »
With regards to The Master and regeneration, I was under the impression he was dead forever before this, however he mentioned that the Timelords revived him for the time war, which is why he's around now.

Also choosing to die was his only way of winning against The Doctor, it was the only victory he could ever get. The Doctor was so sad because he was losing the only other time lord left in existence. He's finally not alone and then he goes and dies. He's sad to be the last of his species again.
3DS Friend Code:1676 3937 3524
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://tcgshiyo.wordpress.com/

Offline LAClennell

• Playstation Network and Xbox Live gamer
  • Joeno Fan
  • Mirage of Deceit
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 01, 2007, 12:55 »
I heard that Doctor Who will end in 2008. Is this true?
I only use original Pokéballs to catch Pokémon, nothing else. This is the sign of a true Pokémon Expert

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 01, 2007, 13:07 »
I think someone has beat me to it but I spent ages typing this so i'm going to post it anyway.

if you've seen the film, the master regenerated for the 11th time into human, then regenerated again into what he was last episode. this was his last regeneration, but the doctor didnt know.

No. In the original series the first Master people saw was his twelfth regeneration, played by Roger Delgado. He appeared for a bit and then dissappeared. A few years later the Master returned, near the end of his thirteenth and final life played be Peter Pratt and later Geoffrey Beevers as the same incarnation as Pratt. Then he possessed someone and appeared until the end of the original series played by Anthony Ainley.

In the Movie he was on trial by the Daleks. The person playing for the few seconds i at the start was Gordon Tipple, maybe playing the same incarnation as Ainley, or maybe a different one. You can't tell as you can't see all of his face. Later in the movie he possessed someone else played, as we all know, by Eric Roberts. In the end he was killed.

He was later revived by the Time Lords, but ran away and made himself human. So he probably got a new set of regenerations. I'm guessing that Derek Jacobi's incarnation was the first of his new regenerations. When he was killed he regenerated into the Simm's Master, who was probably his second new incarnation.
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 01, 2007, 13:56 »
Quick question, what is the name of that song that plays when the master pushes Grandad Doctor About? 'tis really catchy.
It's this... Here's the clip. It's so funny and the way John Simm acts makes him so funny. ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTqU4uFixd0
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 15:44 by Latias Tamer™ »
Yes.

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 01, 2007, 15:49 »
As if. Anyway, I bet you that it was the TARDIS that sunk the Titanic instead of the iceberg back in 1912.

Please... No... -___- I hate stupid twists like that.

No.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 01, 2007, 16:15 »
Well, I'm guessing that it WAS the Doctor who sank the ship... instead of a rogue undetected iceberg. I actually love twists like that =P

David Tennant is only doing another half series, but the show isn't scheduled to end yet.

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Mushroom

• PKMN.NET's Original Pirate Captain
  • Elite Four Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "Last Post On The Page" King
    • View Profile
    • My Music Review Site
« Reply #414 on: July 01, 2007, 16:32 »
David Tennant is only doing another half series, but the show isn't scheduled to end yet.

Are you sure? Where did you hear that?

Anyway, they wouldn't change Doctor midseries.

(Personally, I think the Doctor is regenerating too quickly if they change actor now.)

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 01, 2007, 16:39 »
Well there was a rumor that Tennant was leaving midway through series four. But if you read this:

Quote from: Wikipedia
Tennant has confirmed that he will continue to play the Tenth Doctor at least into the revived programme's fouth series in 2008, and the Sun has reported that he has also signed for the fourth (2008) series, "in a £1 million deal", although the same paper has also reported that he will leave halfway through the fourth series. The BBC has denied this.

you'll see that the rumor was wrong. As most rumors are.

Plus, like Mushroom said, its a bit too soon for the Doctor to regenerate now.
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline President Hawkeye

• Capital: Goldenrod City --- Population: 441 --- Pkmn Species: 100 --- Stunningly beautiful and culturally diverse. This is Johto.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Јοђτσ шιίί αίшαγξ βε мγ τґμε һσмε.
    • View Profile
    • Tohjo Falls - Pokémon Blogging
« Reply #416 on: July 01, 2007, 16:41 »
Plus, like Mushroom said, its a bit too soon for the Doctor to regenerate now.
Only because everyone luffs him... Christopher Ecclestone left after the first revived series...

Offline D5

• Mulholland Fan
  • Eton Rifles, Eton Rifles
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 01, 2007, 17:45 »
One thing i dont get is Jack being the face of boe

Jack is meant to be invincible. 'a point in time', a 'fact'. So he cannot die. But the face of boe (who we now know is jack) dies

liek....how o.O

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 01, 2007, 17:52 »
Also Jack surely whould have heard the Face of Boe mentioned by Martha after she disovers the watch in Utopia.

And surely he would have been named 'face' of boe when he actually became the face, and not before. He just happens to turn into a face even with that nickname...
Yes.

Offline Mushroom

• PKMN.NET's Original Pirate Captain
  • Elite Four Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "Last Post On The Page" King
    • View Profile
    • My Music Review Site
« Reply #419 on: July 01, 2007, 18:03 »
And surely he would have been named 'face' of boe when he actually became the face, and not before. He just happens to turn into a face even with that nickname...

The face of something like a brand. Like Boe was a brand, and he was the "face" of it on the posters.