Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 282146 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #645 on: December 26, 2007, 08:13 »
Really nicely backed up opinions there.
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #646 on: December 26, 2007, 12:44 »
I enjoyed that episode.

Storyline-wise it was good, but nearly obvious (ventured on the insurance-claim territory there). I could also tell at some points that someone was going to die. But it didn't really matter as it was a thoroughly enjoyable episode. Alonso Frame was great- still acting as authority and helper to everyone on the ship despite getting shot. It would've been nice if Mr. Copper of Alonso went with the Doctor (so he could have a male companion, excluding Jack, and so he could go "Allons-y Alonso!".)
 I'm a bit worried about Mr. Copper. £1,000,000? It'll be difficult to buy a house and such, with his limited experience on such like the housing market, insurance and heating the place, powering the place.
But I over-analyse.

Overall a thouroughly enjoyable show.
Information- 8/10.

Oh, those hosts would be great in a Benny-Hill-esque chase- going "Kill, Kill, Kill" in their silly voices with Yakety Sax playing. Oh yes!

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 26, 2007, 14:30 »
Why did Astrid have to die...?
Although I thought it was funny when she got on the first aid box.

I understood the end until The Doctor kissed her before she disappeared into space. I thought that was a hologram...?

And the Queen sucked. They should have crashed into her.

All round good episode, and it was good to see Richard do something that isn't Keeping Up Appearances.

9/10, since it drove me to tears.

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #648 on: December 26, 2007, 16:14 »
And the Queen sucked. They should have crashed into her.

Well I don't think that the Doctor is an Anti-Royalist whom would kill himself and everyone else on board just to bump off dear old Lilibet.

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 26, 2007, 17:45 »
I understood the end until The Doctor kissed her before she disappeared into space. I thought that was a hologram...?

It wasn't a hologram... It was the last stardusty atoms of her mostly lost self. There wasn't enough of her left to be a full, conscious person, but there was the echo of it still there. As I said earlier, it was very Phillip Pullman, that bit.
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline Barrel Rider

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 26, 2007, 18:00 »
It wasn't a hologram... It was the last stardusty atoms of her mostly lost self. There wasn't enough of her left to be a full, conscious person, but there was the echo of it still there. As I said earlier, it was very Phillip Pullman, that bit.

I'm pretty sure that the human eye can't see atoms, and that they don't necessarily glow all blue and fairydust-like. But that could just be me.

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 26, 2007, 18:06 »
The human eye can see atoms. You're looking at them now.

It was a collection of atoms just like a real person is. Just, less firm.

Offline Barrel Rider

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 26, 2007, 18:08 »
The human eye can see atoms. You're looking at them now.

It was a collection of atoms just like a real person is. Just, less firm.

Okay, let me put that another way.

The human eye cannot see a single atom on it's own. That's atom. Singular.

And I notice that you haven't decided to explain why an atom would be blue and look like it came from Tinkerbell.

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 26, 2007, 18:12 »
Oh, I was referring to the version of her that still looked like her, the one he kissed.

For the stardusty floaty blue Tinkerbell bits...

Hm, well... Maybe they were still clumped together?

Or alternatively, artistic license.

Offline Barrel Rider

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 26, 2007, 18:20 »
Oh, I was referring to the version of her that still looked like her, the one he kissed.

For the stardusty floaty blue Tinkerbell bits...

Hm, well... Maybe they were still clumped together?

Or alternatively, artistic license.

Well, I don't think she'd be a blue ghost if approximately half her atoms weren't there... she'd be a mess on the floor, and even if the machine was attempting to 'reassemble' her she'd still have colour (although I imagine she'd be a bit faded/translucent). That bit was down to interpretation really, I guess.

Artistic License is one thing, but really... it's science-fiction, and while things like lazers and made-up names are fine and dandy, contradicting scientific facts can really take away the believability factor.

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 26, 2007, 18:56 »
Some would say that time travel and being aged centuries by a laser beam and defeating millions of evil witches with a Harry Potter spell also contradict scientific facts.

Offline Barrel Rider

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 26, 2007, 19:21 »
Some would say that time travel and being aged centuries by a laser beam and defeating millions of evil witches with a Harry Potter spell also contradict scientific facts.

Time travel hasn't been disproven by any means, and the witches hardly contradicted known science; they just used made-up science.

Offline Turtlejosh

• Yay Turtles!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I don't care if it's a tortoise, it's still mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 26, 2007, 22:30 »
Time travel can't happen, cause time dosn't exist.

Anyways, I liked that episode. Not the best by far, but was good to have a different one off companion. Oh and it had a few funny one-liners.

Who else thought that capricorn was a cheap, Davros rip-off? Hopefully those weren't what the rumours were about.

Offline Barrel Rider

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 26, 2007, 23:15 »
Time travel can't happen, cause time dosn't exist.

Prove it.

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 27, 2007, 00:47 »
Posts over three words long, please.

And, yeah, time doesn't exist, what?

What did everyone think of this year's Christmas Song, 'The Stowaway'?