Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 284017 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Barrel Rider

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #660 on: December 28, 2007, 14:01 »
And, yeah, time doesn't exist, what?

Well you *could* say that time is merely a system of measurement we use to schedule actions, and doesn't really exist...

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 28, 2007, 14:35 »
I thought that was a good episode. It was a good story line, although I was hoping there would be more of connection with it crashing into the wall of the tardis. Loads of deaths as well which was really quite noticable, with isn't often highlighted in Doctor Who. One thing I found a bit unrealistic was that the Alonso managed to make it through, stay concious and everything, even though he had been shot. I'd have expected someone who has been shot to be loosing blood and unconcious, but oh well. Loved the touch of the Titanic movie in it too. It had some really good moments, with Astrid having to stand on the box...but I think the Doctor is starting to get over emotional about his companions, especially when he ends up kissing them all, (And it'll be Donna next...) I think he needs an Alien companion to. Would add a bit of difference, but take away the romantic side, which they seem to be putting in...

Next Series looks good, but no real clips that shows off anything major...yay for Sontarans!
Yes.

Offline The Penguin Vampire

• Hello there :)
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
    • My facebook, thats if you wish to know me more
« Reply #662 on: December 29, 2007, 15:14 »
i was expecting pilot fish again and it was a good espiosode overall and yeah good and just think of how many trinkets he could buy with that amount of money  =P
"If too live, we have to be numb, I'd rather know the pain, I'd rather know"
"We are made Imperfect and we must guard against our flaws lest they destroy us"

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #663 on: December 29, 2007, 17:34 »
The Sun reports another story.

*POSSIBLE SPOILER*

Apparently, 1 episode will not have the Doctor in it. Instead, it ll have the 3 assistants (Rose, Martha and Donna) controling the Tardis looking for the Doc (Whos lost in space apparently)

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Danse_Maxavarious

« Reply #664 on: December 29, 2007, 20:14 »

*POSSIBLE SPOILER*

Apparently, 1 episode will not have the Doctor in it. Instead, it ll have the 3 assistants (Rose, Martha and Donna) controling the Tardis looking for the Doc (Whos lost in space apparently)

Sound good, not the first time something like this has happened. But it'll be good to have a Tennant free episode.

I think this years Christmas episode was excellent, I especially love the way they crammed the Christmas content in. As much as I've come to admire the robo-santas it was good to have an alien's take on the festivities.

I think Doctor Who in general has got the balance of Companion/Doctor a bit too on the Companions side at the moment. While I agree there has to be a connection between them (else why would a 900 year old alien travellor bother to take them).. but it's now TOO soppy. It's time for a goold old alien & a human exporing the mystery of the universe. Not just love-in-space.

Nice Lost in Space Ref. eh?

Offline BYRON

• MINE IS THE SHOVEL WHICH SHALL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I HAVE NO INDOOR VOICE!!
    • View Profile
    • I HAVE PRETTY PICTURES!!
« Reply #665 on: December 30, 2007, 07:27 »

*POSSIBLE SPOILER*

That sounds like it would be a great episode. Hopefully it isn't something the Sun made up to fill space.

P.S. 2007 Christmas special totally owns the previous one in terms of quality.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 05:27 by Me Grimlock! »
I'm #409 Rampardos in the PUK Pokemon crew!

Quote from: Dracon, on the 2007 Transformers movie
"LOLZ WE NEEDS TEH CYUBE TO TRANFORM ERTH TECHNOLOGY INTO SUPAR ROBAOTS AND TAKE OVER TEH UNIVERSE, KAY?"

Offline Voltorb2005

• I need anger management! ARRRRRGGGHHH! *Breaks your computer in half*
  • Joeno Fan
  • Sooo.... Bored....
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 31, 2007, 00:32 »
I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but I've noticed the Angels on the crimbo ep have a striking resemblence to the robots on the Tom Baker story: "Robots of Death". I mean, they are both servant robots and are both programmed to kill people by some nutter. And they look very similar. Do you think the writers of the crimbo ep got their ideas from 'The Robots of Death"?

Name: Charmander
I luv voltorbs!

Offline Nathan WV10

• Mulholland Fan
  • Thanks Koto for the Evil Houndoom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 31, 2007, 00:35 »
I do not remember the Tom Baker story unless it is from the old doctor who as I haven't watched any of those. I really liked the christmas Doctor Who episode with the Angels of Death and their razor sharp killer Halo's. When series 4 out or is Torchwood coming on TV first?

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • TournĂ©e du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 31, 2007, 08:18 »
Torchwood's out about halfway through this month!
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 31, 2007, 19:47 »
I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but I've noticed the Angels on the crimbo ep have a striking resemblence to the robots on the Tom Baker story: "Robots of Death". I mean, they are both servant robots and are both programmed to kill people by some nutter. And they look very similar. Do you think the writers of the crimbo ep got their ideas from 'The Robots of Death"?

Considering that's how most robotic villains in Doctor Who work... No.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline The Penguin Vampire

• Hello there :)
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
    • My facebook, thats if you wish to know me more
« Reply #670 on: January 02, 2008, 21:02 »
who knows if the sun is right then rose returns from parralle earth or donna and martha get stuck their
actully what if it's the first of a three part-er to end the series   as what may happen is dravros (who we won't realise it's him until the end of the episode)  opens the way their to get his daleks back  or caan make do it under his comand or caan does it by himself
"If too live, we have to be numb, I'd rather know the pain, I'd rather know"
"We are made Imperfect and we must guard against our flaws lest they destroy us"

Danse_Maxavarious

« Reply #671 on: January 02, 2008, 23:19 »
That would be quite interesting, Davros somehow accessing the void to recover the Daleks, and accidently opening a path for Rose to return to our Earth.. this could tie-in with Torchwood as well. Jack could pick up the spacial distortions and Martha meets the Doctor at the site of the dimensional hole.

I'm really hoping that Davros upgrades the Daleks again, I remember seeing a short feature created on a fan site where the Daleks 'skirts' bursts open and the Dalek starts walking on mechanical spiderlegs. Anyone else?? Yes??

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #672 on: January 03, 2008, 02:09 »
Well, I just be happy to see Davros, and what the writers of today can do with him to make him a real baddie.

Afterall, the last Davros story involved him taking over a school from what I ve heard... 0.o

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Turtlejosh

• Yay Turtles!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I don't care if it's a tortoise, it's still mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 03, 2008, 10:41 »

And, yeah, time doesn't exist, what?

Yeah, I might have explained myself terribly. Okay I did, but I meant from a humans created time so aliens might not know about it thing. But hey, I may be wrong as usual.

I would love to see Davros again. And  upgraded Daleks, especially if they have that heavy wepons Dalek again. That would be rather cool.

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • TournĂ©e du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 03, 2008, 11:24 »
Mmm but saying humans created time is a troublesome one.

I mean, what about the distinction between, say, the Jurassic period and the Cretaceous? Or the distance of time between the Holocene and the Cambrian periods? We take it for granted that there is a time space between them, yet humans didn't exist, did they?

Measurement of time might exist just because of humans, but we are irrelevant to the passage of time itself.
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."