Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 280325 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

pokeguru V2

Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1020 on: June 15, 2008, 18:54 »
It's the Doctor from an alternate timeline.
I know that. I was playing around. I said that to my cousin who loves doctor who...She got a bit sad after I said that.
Jethro was epic win. Like, when it was copying everyone he was just like "Hi my name's Jethro =D" and "666!"

I couldn't stop laughing D:
Is he suppose to be an goth? Or emo? Or Satanist? I don't know...(I'm half Emo, Half nerd. beat that!)

Offline August J. Stuffiman IV

• Legendary Gentleman
  • Joeno Fan
  • The fourth in the prestigious line of Stuffimans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 15, 2008, 23:19 »
suppose to be an goth? Or emo? Or Satanist? I don't know...

I think he's supposed to just be a generic 'rebel teenager'. I think.

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 16, 2008, 01:39 »
But which timeline is the Doctor from?

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 16, 2008, 01:42 »
But which timeline is the Doctor from?

One where he never meets Donna, which (presumably) means he gets killed by the Racnoss (the ship appears in this episode; it takes place on Donna's hen-night or something).

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Danse Macabre ( 6,6)

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 16, 2008, 03:29 »
THEY KILLED THE DOCTOR OFF! THAT'S IT! NO MORE DOCTOR WHO!

Heh, I know you were joking but it would be interesting. Jenny could take it over. Welcome to Jenni Who!

We pretty much know the Doctor survives due to Steven Moffat taking directorship of the next series. THOUGH, possibly the Doctor WE know dies and the alternate timeline Doctor is the one who carries on?

That would be a way of altogether change the fundamentals of the show. Remove the Doctor's knowledge of Donna & therefor he may also not have experienced Martha (as he will not have recovered from the loss of Rose as much due to not having Donna to confide in).
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline French Salamence

• He's coming back.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm Dracula!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: June 16, 2008, 07:11 »
Heh, I know you were joking but it would be interesting. Jenny could take it over. Welcome to Jenni Who!

We pretty much know the Doctor survives due to Steven Moffat taking directorship of the next series. THOUGH, possibly the Doctor WE know dies and the alternate timeline Doctor is the one who carries on?

That would be a way of altogether change the fundamentals of the show. Remove the Doctor's knowledge of Donna & therefor he may also not have experienced Martha (as he will not have recovered from the loss of Rose as much due to not having Donna to confide in).
Good points. Donna giving birth to a Racnoss.

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: June 16, 2008, 11:55 »

It's a neat idea, but not what happens I'm afraid. =/

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Pandemonium

• Power is means, not an end
  • Gym League Members
  • Sentret Fan
  • Sabrina~
    • View Profile
    • Project Haruhi-- We're not interested in ORDINARY cartoons.
« Reply #1027 on: June 16, 2008, 12:09 »
(I'm half Emo, Half nerd. beat that!)
Can and i will, every time. Neither are desireable labels. Either your mentally weak because iot's cool, or you have no life... yay.
__

If there's an altername timeline, there has to be a splitoff... The Doctor from that timeline may not be as funny D:

Hollyoaks,espeon

« Reply #1028 on: June 16, 2008, 12:48 »
Darvos is coming yeah

that episode was weird and funny.

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 16, 2008, 12:59 »
Jethro was epic win. Like, when it was copying everyone he was just like "Hi my name's Jethro =D" and "666!"

I couldn't stop laughing D:

He was a poor take off of Nick from My Family. I found him funny up until I realised this. :<

Aside from that, it was an excellent episode. It was a breath of fresh air to have the mystery left intact and not explained at the end - we don't know and will hopefully never know what it was that took over Skye's mind. But it was masterfully played out - the synchronisation was win <3

As for next week...I have the most awful feeling that they won't do it justice - bringing Rose back, I mean. They'll make it all cliched and unnecessarily over the top. I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it'll be fabulous. And I so, so want it to be fabulous.

:P

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: June 16, 2008, 17:00 »
^didn't seem very nicklike... just rather teenagerlike. 
And a bit amusing~ 
With a sense of humour about the whole thing. 

Quite a good episode... seemed very light after the two-parter before, but that's probably just me... the repeating was interesting enough... though I found the no-explaination a bit of a cop-out... but I like to have things explained s: 
Maybe they'll come back to it at some point in the future. Or maybe not. No matter. 
The fact that the Doctor had no idea what it was, or how to handle it, was a good touch... 
Though when the unnamed hostess opens the cabin/cockpit part, after the "earthquake"... and the light comes in... wouldn't they technically be vapourised? If the cabin had just gone... there'd be no glass... ah well. 
-will now feel like repeating the lines of anyone else who has watched it- 

Had a few rather swish lines. "...sorry, I'm the Doctor: I'm very clever." "Shamble bobble dibble dooble." "Oh Doctor, you're so handsome, yes I am, thank you." 
I laughed at the last one x3 
"Multo bene" reminds me of my mum... she says that a lot. 
-unnerved- 

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 17:05 by Crimson Soldier Caterpillar »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Turtlejosh

• Yay Turtles!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I don't care if it's a tortoise, it's still mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: June 18, 2008, 21:34 »
So...did anyone see the news in the sun? Or heard of it?

Click for Spoilers

Offline Danse Macabre ( 6,6)

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 19, 2008, 02:18 »
Quite a good episode... seemed very light after the two-parter before, but that's probably just me...

No, I think that was quite intentional, the next/final 3 episodes are going to be quite intense so I think they simply used Saturdays episode as an emotional spacer. Letting people calm down a bit... so that they can hit us with the next eps!
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 19, 2008, 14:06 »
So...did anyone see the news in the sun? Or heard of it?

Click for Spoilers

This was leaked over a week ago on planetgallifrey, along with the picture of the Red Supreme Dalek.

I advise anyone not wishing to see Davros yet to avoid clicking that link.

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

pokeguru V2

« Reply #1034 on: June 19, 2008, 14:21 »
oh noes! My dad is going to go crazy if he see's this!