Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 280756 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline French Salamence

• He's coming back.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm Dracula!
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1275 on: November 02, 2008, 12:15 »
Well the Christmas Special is called The Next Doctor, DWM is my source. So, could it be Neil Morrisey

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: November 02, 2008, 13:10 »
It's already been confirmed as not happening.

RachelPiplupLover, I was telling the truth, Robert Carlyle, Paterson Joseph and James Nesbitt are all being considered.

Offline RachelPiplupLover

• I am a Piplup Fan not a
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Say hello to the Platinum Piplup!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: November 02, 2008, 14:51 »
Oh right, sorry!

I don't know any of those people.....

pokeguru V2

« Reply #1278 on: November 05, 2008, 12:47 »
I lol'ed a lot while watching Have I got News for you.

Offline Snagprophet

• Electric Master
  • Sentret Fan
  • Shocking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: November 05, 2008, 23:11 »
Well the Christmas Special is called The Next Doctor, DWM is my source. So, could it be Neil Morrisey

I would submit myself to the belief David Tennant is leaving in the Christmas Special, had it not been for the fact that the 5th series is being delayed a year because Tennant has a role in Shakespeare play, Hamlet.

Besides, wouldn't it be better if they made it a surprise, like before the 16 year gap?

Offline French Salamence

• He's coming back.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm Dracula!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: November 06, 2008, 15:43 »
I would submit myself to the belief David Tennant is leaving in the Christmas Special, had it not been for the fact that the 5th series is being delayed a year because Tennant has a role in Shakespeare play, Hamlet.

Besides, wouldn't it be better if they made it a surprise, like before the 16 year gap?
It's amost impossibe to keep a surprise in tv due to the internet.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: November 06, 2008, 17:24 »
Think about it guys. It's gonna have nothing to do with the Christmas Special. David nnounced that he was leaving a week or so ago...The Christmas special was planned at the start or 2008 and finished filming in June. There is no connection. =p
Yes.

Offline French Salamence

• He's coming back.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm Dracula!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: November 06, 2008, 17:59 »
Think about it guys. It's gonna have nothing to do with the Christmas Special. David nnounced that he was leaving a week or so ago...The Christmas special was planned at the start or 2008 and finished filming in June. There is no connection. =p
No, it's going to be a two doctors meeting up story, where they meet the next doctor. Sorry if I was misunderstood

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: November 06, 2008, 20:40 »
No, it's going to be a two doctors meeting up story, where they meet the next doctor. Sorry if I was misunderstood

Isn't the Christmas Special about a fake Doctor, not a new one? Because (and it certainly seems this way) it's apparently (loosely) based on the audio drama 'The One Doctor', which involved a fake Doctor and companion, much like what we're getting now (and fake Cybermen!). And going by the shots from the episode, Morrisey's Doctor doesn't have a proper TARDIS...

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline thatskinnyidiot™

• You know, there was a man that lived here once that had a prize-fighting kangaroo.
  • Joeno Fan
  • Behold the Stapler King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: December 09, 2008, 08:36 »
No, I think Morrisey's character just believes that he's a man called "The Doctor".

Quote from: tardis.wikia.com
The Doctor steps happily out of the TARDIS. He has recovered from the events of his latest adventure, and is surprised to find himself in 1851 Christmas Eve.
As people mill and sing carols, The Doctor is suprised to hear a loud scream: "DOCTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!" He begins to run only to find a Rosita young black woman down an alleyway screaming, a door stands in front of her, she continues to scream for the Doctor, much to the bewilderment of the Doctor, as another man runs to meet her. The Doctor asks the man who he is.
He replies: "I'm the Doctor. Simply the Doctor. The one. The only. And the best" Then he takes a regular screwdriver from the woman Rosita, calling it the Sonic Screwdriver and opens the door. A beast with the body of a ghost and the head of a Cyberman pops out. Rosita stares as the two Doctors raise two sonic screwdrivers, look at each other, and simultaneously say: "Allons-y!", much to the Doctor's frantic irritation.

Also, The Sun newspaper in the UK has reported David Morrissey will be playing The Doctor in this episode with David Tennant taking the companion role.The BBC's official Doctor Who website, has confirmed that David Morrissey is playing a character that calls himself The Doctor.

Given that it is confirmed there are two Doctors, both with a TARDIS and that these are the Cybus Cybermen, it would seem that The Doctor has either crossed back into Pete's World or the Cybus Cybermen have gained new technology and are being chased down by a 'Pete's world Doctor'.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #1285 on: December 09, 2008, 18:41 »
That, or some clever twist we never thought of...

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Hollyoaks,espeon

« Reply #1286 on: December 09, 2008, 18:43 »
this maybe old news but...

A Doctor who thing in Glasgow next year, I saw a poster for it.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: December 09, 2008, 19:41 »
If you watch the CIN preview clip, David Morrisey's 'sonic screwdriver' is just a regular screw driver, leading me to believe he's pretending to be the Doctor. As well as similar hair styles and his 'companion' ...'Rosita' (Pretending to symbolise Rose), then he may just be a false Doctor.
Yes.

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: December 10, 2008, 02:55 »
If you watch the CIN preview clip, David Morrisey's 'sonic screwdriver' is just a regular screw driver, leading me to believe he's pretending to be the Doctor. As well as similar hair styles and his 'companion' ...'Rosita' (Pretending to symbolise Rose), then he may just be a false Doctor.

As I've been saying all along... D: The concept's based loosely off The One Doctor, a Sixth Doctor audio drama.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Deoxys2

• Sentret Fan
  • In Arsène Wenger we trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: December 10, 2008, 16:40 »
I can't wait 'till the Christmas special! I've heard that there won't be a new Doctor Who series this year (except specials) but don't believe it. I just want to be 100% sure, is that true? Sorry if its already been answered. I just can't be botherd to look through the whole topic.