Author Topic: PKMN.NET Official Meet: 2009  (Read 26504 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pichu!!

Re: PKMN.NET Official Meet: 2009
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2009, 20:43 »
I may like to go ^^. I'll give my parents an ask, even though I am being a big girl next Thursday xD. But still, I think they'd appreciate it if I asked.

Offline Neon Nocturnal

• Just Lurkin'
  • 1337 Donator
  • Joeno Fan
  • Lurkin' a lurkin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2009, 20:58 »
A Joke? A JOKE!? This is the internet...This is serious bussiness...there is no joking on the internet!?
Theres an Internet? D:
Why wasn't I informed?

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2009, 21:08 »
a) I thought the point that the majority of the audience here is of UK origin, the administration and moderation team are all accessible to London easily, and so on, wasn't made clear in his post.
His point seemed more along the lines of "America is a damned big place, England is a damned small place."
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2009, 21:15 »
His point seemed more along the lines of "America is a damned big place, England is a damned small place."

Do you really, really want to turn this topic sour by having a huge list of posts full of arguing why the admins won't move from the meet being based in London, when they won't really, and why they don't really want moaning about it as a result? =/ Look, at the end of the day, joking comment or not, every point is valid and only furthers the point why the admins and co won't shift from London.

What's the point anyway of this? Scoring points, is that it? =/

Bleh.

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Online Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2009, 21:21 »
Muhed, please pay for our holidays in the USA so we can organise meets ktnx.

Until then, while we pay for going over and all of that out of our own pockets, we'll do it where it's most convenient for us.

If you want that different, then put your money where your mouth is. Literally.

Unless you are willing to offer the money, I am now going to tell everyone to drop the "I wish the meet was somewhere else" chatter. We clearly and explicitly said we didn't want this. Not doing so is, quite obviously, ignoring members of staff, and will be dealt with as such an infraction.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline lit R.I.P PUK

• your lovable neighbourhood aspie. no srsly. resident dance gavin dance fanboy, obessive person, and zombie slayer. stop reading me. ;;
  • Joeno Fan
  • JENJEN IS MY GAY LOVER
    • View Profile
    • devianTART
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2009, 21:25 »
As I'm not [or can't ._.] go, may I ask wether there will be videos, like the last one?

I found them really funny. x3
lolwebbz
Chav.
You remind me of a chav.

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2009, 21:29 »
As I'm not [or can't ._.] go, may I ask wether there will be videos, like the last one?

I don't think the one taken at the actual meet got uploaded for the 2008 meet, did it? Although, I should really be thankful, James asked me "Why am I cooler than you?", I misheard him as "Why am I taller than you?" and I replied "Because you're stood on a load of twigs ;;".

Yeahhh ^^;;

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
i hope you find your way

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2009, 23:17 »
Muhed, please pay for our holidays in the USA so we can organise meets ktnx.

Until then, while we pay for going over and all of that out of our own pockets, we'll do it where it's most convenient for us.

If you want that different, then put your money where your mouth is. Literally.

Unless you are willing to offer the money, I am now going to tell everyone to drop the "I wish the meet was somewhere else" chatter. We clearly and explicitly said we didn't want this. Not doing so is, quite obviously, ignoring members of staff, and will be dealt with as such an infraction.
Joeno, if you read back, I said nothing about wanting it in a different place.  I merely said that Rob was reiterating something Latias Tamer had previously said (from my viewpoint) and that the guy who originally suggested it was joking.  You really think I lack common sense and go in and tell you to change the location to America with full intent of hoping it's true?
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Neon Nocturnal

• Just Lurkin'
  • 1337 Donator
  • Joeno Fan
  • Lurkin' a lurkin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2009, 23:39 »

I hope they do, I wan to be one of those funny people in the background... like In creature Comforts, where the funniest stuff happens in the background.
It will probbaly be Winston Payne and I pretending to have an arguement.

Offline KristenAkaRaynie-BbyCakes

• I love ninja zombies Kthanksbaiiiiii (: <3
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Lets Have A ZombieDanceOff! ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2009, 23:47 »
Awww darn it, you have to be over 16 DX

May I ask why? or has it been answerd. *Runs away*

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2009, 23:49 »
Awww darn it, you have to be over 16 DX

May I ask why? or has it been answerd. *Runs away*

I hope this helps;

We have to draw a line somewhere, and we're honestly not interested in looking around for all sorts of exceptions. Even if you say you can take care of yourself, we are still given an amount of responsibility we don't want - and yes, that can very likely extend to us legally as well. And you don't even actively have to work towards something to happen, it can be completely accidental and still mess us up.

We have to set a limit somewhere, it's 16, and if we would allow all sorts of exceptions for it, the limit becomes meaningless.

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
i hope you find your way

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2009, 13:50 »
rawr.... I'll just go in 2015 instead D=

thanks gl <3

Offline Psychoshark

• RUN!!!! ALIENS!!!!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Woohoo, I still have no eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2009, 21:48 »
Coolio, well basically the situation is that family are thinking of going away for a holiday at the end of July/beginning of August, so as long as the meet doesn't happen to fall on the holidaying date I should be able to make it =]

Hope to see yus there!
I need to find something to put here...in the meantime:

3. cow

Someone who blocks the aisles in a grocery store with their massive girth.

Get the hell out of my way you stupid cow!

Lucariojr

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2009, 02:53 »
Because its unrealistic...I mean...if you compare America to the UK...1. How on earth would the site plan where the meet will take place... 2. How many people would travel half way across America to meet a group of people for a day....not many... =p

Why have an official meet in London? How many people would spend hours in traffic to go meet a few people? Besides, I already stated that everyone's invited to my place; drinks on me. I think that's enough reason to travel across the world, don't you think?

Besides that, have you guys checked the weather? I'd hate for your parade to be rained on.

Offline Superficial Mycosis

• Untitled
  • Fan Rotom
  • Pronouns: They/Them
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2009, 11:35 »
Why have an official meet in London? How many people would spend hours in traffic to go meet a few people? Besides, I already stated that everyone's invited to my place; drinks on me. I think that's enough reason to travel across the world, don't you think?

Besides that, have you guys checked the weather? I'd hate for your parade to be rained on.

A few hours travel is different to a few days travel, or having to fly in.
People won't get stuck in traffic, you take the train into London..  this is also easier because it means some people can meet up at stations along the way.
I think we're all prefectly used to rain..  i know i'v dragged myself through hellish downpour for far less (coffee, actually..  and i didn't have a coat..)

I don't think anyones saying you can't invite people to your house..  but it won't be an official, or even affiliated meet, because the admins don't want to take responcibility for something they have nothing to do with. Don't want to be on the legal end of it.
I don't think its fair to have a go at people for not wanting to pick up the peices if your arranged meeting goes wrong.

Oh, and while i'm here..  no, i'm not going =P