Author Topic: Great IVs you've gotten recently  (Read 84155 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
Re: Great IVs you've gotten recently
« Reply #405 on: August 28, 2011, 01:56 »
Uturn is very usefull

Y FC:0344-9270-9498

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 29, 2011, 12:06 »
rob - thanks for the advice, we'd have to seee, but I'd like it mostly for the novetly if I'm honest xD

anyway i've been re-breeding a few things I was unhappy with the first time around and just got bored with them.  no RNG involved, but the Ditto parents are RNG'd so i dunno if it counts as pure breeding, but i'd still needed a lot of hard work and patients.

First up is:

~*D*I*S*C*O M*O*O*~

Bouffalant - #626 (Adamant) : 31 / 31 / 28 / 29 / 31 / 11
Head Charge/Payback/Earthquake/Wild Charge

Before it had a low special deference and Sap sipper.  Whilst Sap Sipper is a good ability I wanted one with Reckless just for the pure power of Head Charge.  And on the plus side its a female. speed is unimportant for me, and this cow since its very bulky.

Dusknoir - #477 (Impish) : 31 / 31 / 31 / 21 - 22 / 30 / 3 - 4
Ice Punch/Fire Punch/Pain Split/WoW

I had one with low special defence and limp attack.  I'm very happy wit hthis one.  I hatched a sassy Duskull with 31/31/31x/31/x, if it were impish I'd have used it, but since its sassy it's going to be a evo-stone Dusclops, who's arguably a better wall this gen.

Mamoswine - #473 (Adamant) : 27 / 31 / 31 / 24 / 16 / 31
Icicle Crash/Earthquake/Sub/Ice Shard

I was satisfied with this, sure its special defense is limp, but it is generally and I was going mostly for physical bulk, which is decent enough.

Gyarados - #130 (Adamant) : 31 / 31 / 31 / 18 / 28 - 29 / 31
Moxie: Waterful, Dragon Dance, Stone Edge, Earthquake

This was seriously a pain in the ass to get, despite Magikarps being easily the quickies hatching Pokemon out of all these, but then again it was DW ability which was tricky.

Magnemite - #081 (Timid) : 31 / 24 - 25 / 28 - 29 / 31 / 28 - 29 / 31
Almost turned to the ~Dark side~ for this one.  HP Dragon though.  D'oh!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:35 by Ledyba »

Offline Makoto Niijima

• Formerly known as Juri Han.I am number 165 Ledyba in the PKMN crew 3. I <3 Rex. PSN is: JuriRyuugu
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm a member of S. T. A. R. S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 30, 2011, 21:16 »
Sigilyph - #561 (Modest) Magic Guard: 3 /11 / 21/ 31 /31 / 31

This was from a week or 2 back as I decided to check it's ivs with Wooper and I'm quite happy with this =)

Wooper - #194 (Careful) Male (♂) Unaware: 31 / 11 /  29 / 15 / 31 / 31

The defense is a few points of and attack is low, but I will have curse to bring it up, so I'm very happy with this Wooper <3

Rex made the awesome sig <3

Sakura
Thanks to Psychic Fire for my adorable Ledyba

Thanks Jaze Briena for my Ledyba recoloured as Glaceon =)

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 30, 2011, 21:31 »

Slakoth - #287 (Adamant) : 28 - 29 / 31 / 31 / 20 - 23 / 28 - 29 / 31

Oh yay.

Larvesta - #636 (Timid) : 29 / 8 / 31 / 29 / 31 / 31

I have laboured with this one for days and I am so very happy with it.  obvously I'd like flawless special attack, but in the long run, 3 points at the most isn't going to make any difference really, esp with Quiver Dance..

Escavalier - #589 (Adamant) : 31 / 31 / 30 / 8 - 9 / 31 / 31

would you beleive if I said this wasn't RNG'd.. because it isn't.  It really isn't.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 21:10 by Ledyba »

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 12, 2011, 23:09 »
Seeing as poor Rex is having to edit his posts, I thought I'd throw a couple of my own up here;

Chandelure ♀
Nature: Modest [+SAtk / -Atk]
Ability: Flash Fire
28 - 29 / 14 - 15 / 31 / 29 / 31 / 31
UT @ Lv1
Ember / Astonish

Planned Moveset - Overheat / Shadow Ball / Psychic / Energy Ball

Cloyster ♀
Nature: Jolly [+Spd / -SAtk]
Ability: Skill Link
31 / 31 / 30 / 24 / 31 / 21
UT @ Lv1
Rock Blast / Icicle Spear

Planned Moveset - Shell Smash / Icicle Spear / Razor Shell / Rock Blast

Omastar ♂
Nature: Modest [+SAtk / -Atk]
Ability: Swift Swim
31 / 18 / 31 / 29 / 20 / 31
UT @ Lv1
Water Gun / Rock Blast

Planned Moveset - Shell Smash / Scald / Ice Beam / Earth Power

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Offline Alphochio

• Sowoneul Malhaebwa~ ;)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Don't like legendaries so I release them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 13, 2011, 00:51 »
So I started breeding today and see what I can get. So far I am kinda enjoying it. Though it is a alot of work. I wanna get a Cottonee with 31s in HP,Def,Sp.Def and Spd.

Out of all 30 eggs that hatched this one is good, not what I want but good:

Cottonee   ♀
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Prankster
HP: 31
Att: 20
Def: 31
SpA: 15
SpD: 31
Speed: 19

Hidden Power: Dragon (68)

Offline Kyriakou

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 13, 2011, 05:51 »
Haven't posed in here for a while because I've been going for a quin perfect male scraggy parent (which hasn't materialised yet :( ) but during my break to breed Scizor on gen 4, this pretty little thing popped out:

Scyther - #123 (Jolly) Female (♀) Technician: 31 / 5 - 11 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

Not exactly the quin I wanted but it's pretty cool anyway. Now I know everyone that reads this will be thinking, wow that attack stat is rubbish, and it is, but I'm planning on possibly using this with swords dance to counteract it's awful IV, thoughts?

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 13, 2011, 08:13 »
You can't counter-act a bad IV. Comparitively, a 31 will have a much higher Attack after the SD than one with 5. Honestly... it's sad that the Attack IV is so bad, but there's no way I'd use it with such a low Attack IV.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 13, 2011, 11:13 »
Haven't posed in here for a while because I've been going for a quin perfect male scraggy parent (which hasn't materialised yet :( ) but during my break to breed Scizor on gen 4, this pretty little thing popped out:

Scyther - #123 (Jolly) Female (♀) Technician: 31 / 5 - 11 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

Not exactly the quin I wanted but it's pretty cool anyway. Now I know everyone that reads this will be thinking, wow that attack stat is rubbish, and it is, but I'm planning on possibly using this with swords dance to counteract it's awful IV, thoughts?

Parent it. Unfortunately, the most essential IV with Scizor is the Attack which is because not only does it have access to priority moves, it gets other moves to contribute to that such as Swords Dance, and whilst other IVs are exchangeable and repairable through EVs, you need to maximise Scizor's Attack output and especially with a Jolly nature, you need to get the most out of it. Worst case scenario, it's a IV of 5 Atk which means that off the top of my head, it's going to be at least a loss of 26 Atk points off it's potential. Even when you use Swords Dance, the difference becomes 52, if 26 is correct. 359 is the maximum it hits, so 26 difference hits 333 (ooh) which becomes 666 (oooooh <3) instead of 718. Begins to become a huge difference unfortunately.

Parent it, and for gods sake, let me use it in some near future <333 =D

You can't counter-act a bad IV. Comparitively, a 31 will have a much higher Attack after the SD than one with 5. Honestly... it's sad that the Attack IV is so bad, but there's no way I'd use it with such a low Attack IV.

Not neccessarily. Take my Cloyster for instance, has a Spd IV of 21 which can be repaired with EVs to give the Spd I want (250 @ Lv100) which still allows me to outspeed Scarforus/Scarfchomp which are my main threats, at the cost of 10HP which doesn't affect any 2HKO/3HKO borders. It's different for an attacking stat especially like Scizor because his main focus is hindered as such, especially if you're going for 252Atk anyway.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:18 by theperfectdrug™ »

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
i hope you find your way

Offline diplodocus

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 13, 2011, 11:35 »
not all scizors are cb you could use that one as a bulky booster with sword dance, bug bite roost bulet ponch. 248 hp/ 252 sdef / 8 spe to tank draco meteors.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 13, 2011, 12:14 »
Not neccessarily. Take my Cloyster for instance, has a Spd IV of 21 which can be repaired with EVs to give the Spd I want (250 @ Lv100) which still allows me to outspeed Scarforus/Scarfchomp which are my main threats, at the cost of 10HP which doesn't affect any 2HKO/3HKO borders. It's different for an attacking stat especially like Scizor because his main focus is hindered as such, especially if you're going for 252Atk anyway.

Your Cloyster will not Speed tie with other Cloyster though! D:

...Yeah, it's not that important, but the main 2-3 stats the Pokemon is using should always have 31 IVs to reach their maximum potential. Or maybe I'm just picky. Either way, Scizor should aim for at least 28 Attack.

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 13, 2011, 13:53 »
not all scizors are cb you could use that one as a bulky booster with sword dance, bug bite roost bulet ponch. 248 hp/ 252 sdef / 8 spe to tank draco meteors.

Isn't that set 'Careful'? Fairly sure it is, which'd be irrelevant to this scenario anyway as a result. And no, not all Scizors are CB of course, but that doesn't take away the entire point of Scizor is to hit hard, whether from Swords Dance or Choice Band or neither unless you do a full out "wth" set aimed for stalling, such as Subsitute / Roost / Toxic / Knock Off, but becomes entire set up bait, no matter what you do with it; it still has to be able to hit hard. 5 Atk, potentially, isn't.. really that brilliant and such a loss in base power is reason enough really to keep going I'd say.

Your Cloyster will not Speed tie with other Cloyster though! D:

...Yeah, it's not that important, but the main 2-3 stats the Pokemon is using should always have 31 IVs to reach their maximum potential. Or maybe I'm just picky. Either way, Scizor should aim for at least 28 Attack.

.. you misread dear, it can still hit the base Speed I want to tie with other Cloyster and thus doesn't defeat the point of having a good Cloyster ^^;;

But I do agree. 3 Atk points is a small percentage, 1/2%. 26 is a lot more, could be up to 15% different and turn some very necessary OHKO/2HKO into 2HKO/3HKOs. If anything, if you're serious on using it, look at what you do need to OHKO/2HKO and see if you can still achieve them to a solid degree of certaincy (as in 85% chance of achieving). If you can, I don't see why not other than I know it'd bug (sorry, bad pun) me that it's not got a higher Attack IV.

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
i hope you find your way

Offline diplodocus

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 13, 2011, 14:55 »
nature is far more imporant than ivs and bulky scizor is adamant .  it has 130 base attack, after a swords dacne the diiffernce betwen 31 iv and 5 iv is not lots. in facft you can drop to 248 hp / 44 atk / 216 sdef since thats all it needs to not get 2hkos by reuniclus fuocs blast or +1 virizon and bug bite 1hkos renunclis and 2hkos virzon after swordsnce with 5 iv. bulky scizor is also mainyl used with spikes and hazards meaning the iv is even less important.

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 13, 2011, 15:27 »
^i thuoght youd left

I'm with Rich on this one; rebreed. The quin is nice, but what is Scizor's main stat? Attack. Do you really want to change the whole set to support its high defensive IVs, just to say "I'm using this quin =3".

It really is a thing of beauty though =P. Keep going imo; if anyone can get a quin flawless Scyther in the right stats, it's you. [/notbitteratall]

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 13, 2011, 15:29 »
So we're assuming that IVs aren't important because you always have full entry hazard support? That's absurd. After an SD, the gap in a 5 IV and a 31 IV is huge. Bulky Scizor isn't even the point of this discussion, it was about a Jolly Scizor.

Speaking of which, why Jolly? Does that even outrun anything of importance? I know Adamant was the standard, and I'm fairly sure it still is.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 15:33 by Richard and Blaziken »