Author Topic: Great IVs you've gotten recently  (Read 84137 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline diplodocus

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Great IVs you've gotten recently
« Reply #420 on: September 13, 2011, 15:36 »
^i thuoght youd left

was i banned? did i say anything about leaving?

and yeah didn't see it was jolly, that's a pretty crappy nature for any scizor. you guys read what you want to read anyway, so what's the point. i didn't say 5 IV was good anywhere, all I was saying is that you could use that scizor (if it were adamant, which I thought it was). chances are you ain't gonna get another quint flawless for another 500 eggs, so I tried to make the best of it instead of simply saying LOL REBREED.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 13, 2011, 15:45 »
No one said "LOL REBREED", we gave pointed advice about why exactly he should rebreed. I think it's you that reads only what you'd like to read. Making the best of a Scizor with 5 Attack IV isn't going to lead to a satisfactory ending, and "LOL REBREED" will be a better use of his time in the long run than a below average Scizor.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 13, 2011, 15:46 »
was i banned? did i say anything about leaving?

and yeah didn't see it was jolly, that's a pretty crappy nature for any scizor. you guys read what you want to read anyway, so what's the point. i didn't say 5 IV was good anywhere, all I was saying is that you could use that scizor (if it were adamant, which I thought it was). chances are you ain't gonna get another quint flawless for another 500 eggs, so I tried to make the best of it instead of simply saying LOL REBREED.

-puts his admin boots on-

Now, you see, look above. Look at what's being written. Constructive criticism. He's asked for opinions, and we've given them with a bit of research and support as to why we wouldn't. Nothing wrong with that. We haven't just said it's not good enough, not really saying that just that we think that it's going to be a hinderance when you consider what Scizor is built to do. Nor have we said that you implied it was good enough, and you've taken it as a personal attack because we've debated your point openly and more than one person seems to think "well, this is my view..", expanded upon it, and presented it.

Nowhere has anybody said "lolrebreed". Only you.

Ultimate irony is you've then contradicted your entire point by, er.. "that's a pretty crappy nature for any scizor".

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

kr9q

« Reply #423 on: September 14, 2011, 00:29 »

Charmander(red)-
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Gentle
Attack: 6
Defence: 5
Sp. Attack: 6
Sp. Defence: 6
Speed: 6

((Feel free to edit this to the correct way. I'm new at this and Red is lvl. 1 and Male. No item.))

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
« Reply #424 on: September 14, 2011, 01:05 »
^Those are not ivs, those are the stats.

Y FC:0344-9270-9498

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 14, 2011, 01:23 »
Gentle is a terrible nature for everything, as is Lax. These two natures raise one defense while lowering the other, which never benefits anything. Further, Charmander isn't a defensive Pokemon. If it's for in-game, Mild (+Sp. Attack, -Defense) or Rash (+Sp. Attack, -Sp. Defense) would be best, due to Charizard's good attacking stats on both sides, and it's somewhat versatile movepool.

Anyway, yeah, those aren't IVs.

Offline Kyriakou

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 14, 2011, 09:38 »
I thought the same but with the (mostly) bad luck I was getting I was pretty ready to give up and just use that. However, I valiantly continued on, following all your advice, and have got these:

Scyther - #123 (Jolly) Male (♂) Technician: 27 / 31 / 31 / 11 / 31 / 31

Scyther - #123 (Jolly) Male (♂) Technician: 31 / 31 / 15, 17, 19 / 0, 2 / 29 / 31

Better I think =D

Now to do the same for Adamant! =D

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 14, 2011, 13:10 »
Now that's much better! Great job there, especially that first one! Both are excellent though! ^_^

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 14, 2011, 14:03 »

Slowpoke - #079 (Bold) : 31 / 26 - 27 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 18 - 19

Someone loves me.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 14:06 by Ledyba »

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
« Reply #429 on: September 14, 2011, 16:57 »
ooh i was thinking of getting a slowpoke soon too.
Then evolve into slowking

Y FC:0344-9270-9498

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 14, 2011, 23:21 »
The second of those Scizors is to be miiiine :3 happy happy.

I've finally gotten decent enough Lilligants to use. I wanted Healing Wish, which is Clefairy -> Cherubi -> Petilil, and the only IVs I was able to pass on from the start were Defence and Speed (and, um, Attack). Everything else I had to get from scratch ;_;

So they're not perfect but I'm settling for these two:

Petilil - #548 (Timid) Female (♀) Chlorophyll: 31 /
15 / 17 / 31 / 30 / 31

Sadly, her HP is Steel 67, so I'm not really sure what to do alongside Healing Wish / Leaf Storm / Sleep Powder or Stun Spore.. I'm thinking of Giga Drain, to be honest ^^; but I really, REALLY don't want to rebreed, it's too painful to consider ;o;

Petilil - #548 (Timid) Female (♀) Chlorophyll: 22 - 23 /
16 - 17 / 26 - 27 / 31 / 31 / 31

Her HP is Dragon 68, which.. might be better? I can't really tell which IV spread is better or which HP would really be better, so help would be appreciated pretty please ^^; either way, I'll train the better of the two up as a Healing Wish / Leaf Stormer, and the other as a Quiver Dance sweeper.

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 15, 2011, 03:57 »
The second one is slightly more physically bulky, actually, but the first is more specially bulky. The Hidden Powers are both nearly useless, unfortunately. Lilligant needs HP Fire or Ice in actual competitive to be versatile enough to be useful, unfortunately. Ferrothorn's existence, and huge prevalence in the metagame nearly demands you use HP Fire, or bring Magnezone along to get rid of Ferrothorn (or Magic Bounce Xatu, which walls most Ferrothorn). Since you don't want to re-breed, I'd go with the second one, using this:

Lilligant@ Leftovers
{Chlorophyll}
Timid nature
EVs: 252 Speed/ 252 Sp. Attack/ 6 HP
Quiver Dance
Giga Drain/ Leaf Storm
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed/ Toxic/ Stun Spore/ Healing Wish/ Filler

Without HP Fire or Ice, Lilligant is walled very easily. This is sort of done better by Whimsicott, but Lilligant has Sleep Powder, and can output a bit more damage. Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, Lilligant needs HP Fire or Ice to reach it's best potential. If only it got Weather Ball. :<
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 03:59 by Richard and Blaziken »

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 15, 2011, 05:15 »
Gah! I knew it ^^; It's sad because it's really close to being HP Ice :< Fire doesn't let you have 31 Speed, but the Ice spreads are like, almost exact.. ah well!

Would she benefit more from Growth than Quiver Dance if I'm Leaf Storming? Growth gives her an instant +2 SpAtk in the sunshine (she's meant for a Sun team), and she's already hitting silly Speed levels (312 at lv 50) thanks to Chlorophyll. She might be better off getting the SpAtk boost quickly to make up for losing it when she attacks?

I had two other reasonable ones that weren't quite as good, but they ALSO had HP Dragon and Steel.. grrrr!

Cheers Rich, I'll think very hard about rebreeding ^^;

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 15, 2011, 05:34 »
In Sun, Growth is an option too, for sure. The good thing about Quiver Dance, though, is that you can setup on special attackers while you're getting the Sp. Attack boost yourself. The bad thing about Quiver Dance in Sunlight is that those Special Attackers could very well be Fire types. So yeah, if you want added power output, Growth is a good way to go.

I would still reccomend re-breeding (Sorry ;_; ) for HP Fire in that case, because in Sunlight, Lilligant now has two STABs to work with, and an effective way of sharply raising her damage output.

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 15, 2011, 08:24 »
Gah! I knew it ^^; It's sad because it's really close to being HP Ice :< Fire doesn't let you have 31 Speed, but the Ice spreads are like, almost exact.. ah well!

Would she benefit more from Growth than Quiver Dance if I'm Leaf Storming? Growth gives her an instant +2 SpAtk in the sunshine (she's meant for a Sun team), and she's already hitting silly Speed levels (312 at lv 50) thanks to Chlorophyll. She might be better off getting the SpAtk boost quickly to make up for losing it when she attacks?

I had two other reasonable ones that weren't quite as good, but they ALSO had HP Dragon and Steel.. grrrr!

Cheers Rich, I'll think very hard about rebreeding ^^;

If you want, give me a shout when you're back as I've got a HP Fire Exeggutor you could borrow and use as a parent. But yeah, unfortunately Rich is about right, if you're not open to getting that Hidden Power, probably Growth / Sleep Powder / Leech Seed / Solarbeam or Energy Ball. This thing doesn't even get Shadow Ball which is ridiculous, seeing as everything seems to get it these days, otherwise you could just have it over Leech Seed or Sleep Powder; Sleep Powder any Grass types, Leech Seed any other you can't KO before switching. However, you are then making it harder for yourself to utilise Lilligant as she's somebody who, like Magnezone, really needs the use of a solid Hidden Power to be as effective as you need her to be really.

Sorry =/

"Petilil - #548 (Timid) Female (♀) Chlorophyll: 31 / 15 / 17 / 31 / 30 / 31

Sadly, her HP is Steel 67, so I'm not really sure what to do alongside Healing Wish / Leaf Storm / Sleep Powder or Stun Spore.. I'm thinking of Giga Drain, to be honest ^^; but I really, REALLY don't want to rebreed, it's too painful to consider ;o;"

Healing Wish / Aromatherapy / Leaf Storm / Sleep Powder.

This way you can hold Lilligant on as long as you can until you need to restore something, and you're not doing it just to keep status away. Plus, you can bring her in, Aromatherapy on their switch and switch out again to a counter as you threaten a Leaf Storm which off of her SAtk is still going to hit heavily.

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again