What is it?
As you all know, we, the people who run this website, are incredibly funny people, who enjoy sharing their wit with everyone - after all, a shared groan is better than a lonely groan, or that's at least what we're always being told.
Because of this, we are always looking for new ways to allow you, the member of this wincingly witty site, to share your jokes and puns with us. Since everyone knows that giving laughable captions to humorous images is the best way to do so, that is what we have implemented.
Right... So how does it work?
Really simple. Basically, each caption can be followed through a number of steps:
- Suggestion You, a member, notice an image on the site that might be perfect for the caption contest. You send in its URL and it goes into the list.
- Image approval We, the people who do caption administration, look at the submitted images and set a date for them to appear on the site.
- Caption submission Every week, a new caption goes live (all autonomatically) and you can all submit captions for it. Isn't that nice of us?
- Caption rating During the week in which captions have been submitted, and the week after that, you can rate the captions that have been submitted. This is really simple - just press the green button if you like it, or the red if you do not.
- Caption voting So now that you've decided your favourites, we'll tally them together. You'll get a list of the twenty captions that were voted to be best, and get to pick your favourites from it. It's like one hundred procent interactive!
- Caption result After a week of voting, we tally all the results, do our magic, and determine the winners. Yay! After that, the caption is archived and done with.
So what do we get from it?
Everlasting fame! Your name as credit on the caption. Oh, and we'll give you some cards too. Greedy buggers.
I have submitted a caption, but it didn't show up!
The list of captions for rating has changed!
Don't worry, your captions have still been saved. The list of captions at the bottom are twenty random captions that you have not rated. These do not include your own captions, as you are not allowed to rate those (you'd be biased!). You can rate to judge which ones the PKMN.NET public likes.