Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 ... 10
Say Hello! / Re: Sign-In Book
« Last post by TheJudgeOfTheRater on July 15, 2024, 15:59 »
Hello. I am the Rater’s new Judge.
Your Sprite Art / DrampardonMe's Pixel Museum
« Last post by DrampardonMe on June 30, 2024, 17:57 »
I'm skipping the fancy intro, 'cause I've got a headache:

Here are some Earthbound-style sprites of my character, The Cobalt Macaw. I know they need work, so I'm asking what could be fixed.

I have other sprites I'd like to share, but they'll have to wait until I'm feeling better. Keep in mind I'm not very good at pixel-ing from scratch with anything past low-end SNES graphics, and even then there's room for improvement. The dream is to be able to make detailed NES/GBC/SNES-style pixels, but I've a ways to go before I can comfortably say I'm there.

(If you count what I call "Frankenspriting", I haven't done that in years, mainly because I'm trying to improve drawing in general, and stitching together other people's stuff isn't conductive to making it from the ground up. Well, it helped my color sense, somewhat, but observation is the more vital skill there. And, well, actually drawing things!)
General Pokémon Discussion / Re: Snake Pokemon
« Last post by Progamer23 on June 27, 2024, 18:48 »
Ekans is cool, named him “Silly Billy” because he’s silly
General Pokémon Discussion / Re: How dead this site
« Last post by Progamer23 on June 27, 2024, 18:43 »
From the looks of it, as alive as a ghost type
Gaming / Your "Dream Team" Fighting Game Roster
« Last post by DrampardonMe on June 22, 2024, 15:01 »
The recently-announced "Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection" has got me thinking about fighting game rosters in general, so I figured I'd make a (hopefully fun!) thread to that effect. The crossover (if any) doesn't have to be massive, nor does the roster itself, but if you like that sort of variety, more power to you!

As for me, I personally have a lot of favorites from across different properties, so I'd probably end up stuffing the roster with them, without regard to balance, variety, or other fans' preferences. If that sounds even remotely interesting to you, well, uh, here's the bare minimum of what I'd want, in no particular order:

1. Blanka, Guile, Rose, Twelve, and Rufus from the Street Fighter series
2. Duck King from Fatal Fury, Tizoc and maybe B. Jenet from Garou: Mark of the Wolves. Defintely King Lion, specifically his appearance in the first Savage Reign. I also wouldn't mind seeing Jubei from Fatal Fury 2 again, but, uh, I think that bridge has since been demolished... Ooh! Maybe Galford and Nakoruru from Samurai Shodown?
3. Bang Shishigami and Valkenhayn from Blazblue
4. Wallachia from Melty Blood
5. Hector from Fire Emblem. I don't care if he's a Nintendo-exclusive character, put him in a fighting game already!!
6. Either Propeller Knight, Mole Knight, or Polar Knight, because they're among my favorite characters from Shovel Knight. I wouldn't have a problem with King Knight, but he had his own campaign as it is, so...
7. Spider-Man from the Marvel vs. series, if only so I can indulge in having him on the same team as either Blanka or Guile (assuming it's a tag-team fighter)
8. THE STEEL SAMURAI. Not Will Powers in a suit, I mean the REAL one from the SHOW. I mean, if he's never going to appear in Samurai Shodown as a guest character, I might as well pretend he has a shot in... anything else!

I say "Bare Minimum", but I think I got a little greedy. On the other hand, I'm probably forgetting some characters I'd like to see. It'd be a much longer list if I could remember them all, lol!

Anyway, I'd prefer 2D sprites if possible, but... Actually, I think the last time I tolerated a 3D-graphics, 2D fighter was probably Super Street Fighter 4, aaaaages ago! Unless Dragon Ball FighterZ counts? Man, I forgot I even bought that one... I guess I'm not picky as long as the game looks good/plays well!

Of course, the REAL dream would be to get some of my OWN characters into a fighting game some time before I die, but I know how much work it takes to get just ONE (1) character made, from design to development to balancing to hitboxes, etc. It's more work than I'D be able to handle, at any rate. You can't buy love, either. It's all about establishing your characters to make people WANT them in a fighting game! ...but more realistically, you're probably looking at thousands of dollars down on crowdfunding. *shudder*

Anyone else have a dream roster, or maybe just a character or two you want to see make a return/debut?
General Pokémon Discussion / Re: How dead this site
« Last post by Petzbreeder on June 14, 2024, 15:36 »
this site pretty much dead

We're all on Discord now.
General Pokémon Discussion / How dead this site
« Last post by RealVaporeon on June 14, 2024, 13:45 »
this site pretty much dead is the name rater still bothered
Forum Games / Re: Whaddya Listening To Version 1.3
« Last post by DrampardonMe on June 12, 2024, 16:12 »
That one instrumental of the pirate theme from the DLC case of Ace Attorney 5.

All things considered, that case was actually pretty cool. Shame it cost extra...

Also, as of this most recent edit: "Wonderful Boy" from Melty Blood: Act Cadenza. Been feeling rather down, so I thought listening to a "chill" theme would help, but it's actually making me more melancholic, as well as nostalgic... but I don't wanna get too negative here.
Forum Games / The next Ace Attorney game: One Bad Idea At a Time!
« Last post by DrampardonMe on June 12, 2024, 12:49 »
A forum game? In 2024??? Let's see how far this goes!

Anyway, it's simple: line by line, spell out the plot/premise for the next Ace Attorney game! Make it as cheesy as possible! If you can, though, try to make it a plausible thing by recent games' standards. That way, when AA7/Investigations 3/Ema Skye's Scientific Table Tennis FINALLY releases, we can see how terribly accurate we are! Or aren't! It's all in good fun!

Anyway, I'll start:

They call themselves... the Disciples of Godot.
Random Randomness / How do you like YOUR coffee?
« Last post by DrampardonMe on June 12, 2024, 12:23 »
Let's put aside whether it's good for you or not. Fact is, my coffee addiction is a relatively recent phenomenon, and I'm curious who else is on the inside, for how long, etc.

Taking coffee straight-up black never ends well for me, so I need a bit of cream, bare minimum, to cut the acidity. Not really big on adding sugar, although I've recently started using this "Irish Creme" flavored creamer (Not sure what the UK equivalent is, but whatever it is, there's a hint of chocolate), which has sugar in it anyway... but the point is, spooning sugar directly into it makes it too sweet.

Anyway, I used to drink it a lot less frequently until about... last month, haha. I think it's only now starting to stabilize in my system, for better or worse. Though, some days...
Pages: [1] 2 ... 10