Author Topic: Share your beginner's mistakes  (Read 7211 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Share your beginner's mistakes
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2014, 01:37 »
^Yeah, in hindsight, using my masterball on Xerneus wasn't my best idea.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2014, 17:20 »
I used to think, in GSC, that Ice was not very effective against dragons. A big surprise when I OHKO'd Dragonite with an Ice Beam coming from Staryu.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline I am seviper hear me hiss

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2014, 17:37 »
Well I can't really remember many of my mistakes. But one mistake I still remember, probably because it was completely stupid. But when I was younger I used to think that we could only have six pokemon, that you couldnt cath anymore and put it in that box thing. So when I only had six pokemon, I remember that when I went through Mt.Coronet I saw a wild gliscor! For real I did! And i remember thinking oh I already have six pokemon so I let it escape. I found out I could have more than six okemon was when I told my cousin, whats so humiliating was that she was younger than me and knew that and not me. XD

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2014, 17:57 »
I thought when I had emerald (in my brother's possession), I got to victory road without flash (you may applaud). Then I couldn't find my way out, so I quit.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2014, 20:17 »
up until today i thought rock smash was a rock type move

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2014, 17:35 »
My first pokemon game was yellow and I was so young when I started playing that I couldn't read. getting the game for my birthday is actually one of my earliest memories. That's the beginner's mistake right there, playing the game before you can read.

For some more specific examples:

It literally took me years to get past the first gym (starting with pikachu did not help)

When I finally did, I got a little farther in the game then reset. I did that a lot.

Later, I got crystal and was much more successful (partly because by then I could read. a little...), I almost beat the game, but I still did a lot of stupid things, like using my master ball on a skarmory.

Of course, I did that thing where you only ever use your starter, so that was a pretty bad beginners mistake (and I continued to do that right up until DPPt, though my first diamond play through did that to some extent)

Actually, in the first two gens, I never even used any pokemon besides my starter and the first five I caught because I didn't understand how the PC boxes worked

Really, the only reason I got as far as I did in crystal was because my mom helped me (because she was awesome)
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Mockery for One

• Was never a...
  • Rex Fan
  • Naah, this ain't cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2015, 01:30 »
I used my only Master Ball on a Zubat (Lv. 30, Seafloor Cavern), and killed every legendary in Emerald. What a fit of idiocy...

Also, I believed the girl who said Pacifidlog was on top of Corsolas. And I used the Master Ball on Thundurus. And Xerneas. And couldn't beat the Hoenn E4 until my Swampert was Lv. 91. And I wasted my only Moon Stone on a Jigglypuff. And misread Lisia's name as Lisa.