Author Topic: Story help  (Read 2881 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The Hooded Trainer

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Story help
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 14:58 »
Would you like me to tell you about Nidorina? Pm or on the forums?

If you think it would help me give you better advice, then sure.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 16:14 »
Nidorino was designed to be the opposite of Nidorina.

Nidorina is a very friendly pokemon. She is generally nice to everyone she meets. Nidorina is armed with a knife (she claims it's for protection) she also says she knows the move metronome (though everytime someone asks about it, she finds any and all excuses not to use it)

The one thing she loves more than anything (with the possible exception of mudkip) is jelly babies!

I could probably tell you her whole back story (since I'm making an animation on it) but I'd be here for a while! And plus, I don't know if you want her whole life story! :D

Is that enough?
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 17:11 »
I feel the important thing theres the friendliness. Its a trait that im sure nidorino doesnt have, which means it might be something to look into. Maybe he doesnt understand how she can be so friendly, but from watching her he begins to admire her kindness and starts to fall in love?

(Maybe he even wants to be more like her but for some reason he feels he cant? I dont know, just a thought.)

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 17:46 »
@the Hooded Trainer

Are you any good at making sprites?

Want to make these?

Here's what I plan to do with Porygon2:

As nidorino is preparing to Porygonise a prisoner, the prisoner kicks a Porygon, making it fall backwards into the Porygoniser. Nidorino tries to turn it off, but is too late. The Porygon is Porygonised, but the Porygoniser is no longer operational (lucky for the prisoner!)

After examining the Porygon, Nidorino says it's not only strong, but can think too. He names it Porygon2 and sends it to destroy mudkip (alone)

Porygon2 finds mudkip and attacks him. Mudkip tries to attack back, but Porygon2 easily dodges any and all attacks. It captures mudkip, but he somehow escapes.

Mudkip later encounters him again in a factory where Porygons are made. There is a lot of molten metal. Porygon2 go all out on mudkip, trying to blast him with lasers. Mudkip manages to blast off one of it's legs, but it reattaches itself to it's body. After continuing to shoot him with lasers, Porygon2 reveals a machine gun in it's chest and fires. Mudkip blocks the attack with water and slides underneath Porygon2. This causes him to fire directly down, destroying the platform he's standing on and makes him fall into the molten metal below. After mudkip leaves (assuming Porygon2 is dead) Porygon2 jumps out of the molten metal, crawls to a electrical source and repowers himself and in the process turn into Porygon z.

That's all I've worked out so far!

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 18:43 »
Well that all sounds interesting, and I do like how youre using and adapting bits and pieces from canon.

And god no, I cant do sprite art. Ive tried in the past abd it wasnt pleasant.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 19:54 »
Well, I won't be able to animate the final battle without those sprites!

This is what the fight will be based on

click here

I was thinking of having Nidorino make a robot version of Nidorina to kill mudkip, but that would pretty much be Porygon2 all over again!

canon
What is that?

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 00:59 »
I dont know how to describe it, so ill let urban dictionary do the talking instead.

"Another word for official. Used quite often in fan fiction to differentiate between the official storyline in which the fan fiction is based on."

In other words, i was saying that youve taken bits of info from the actual pokemon games and adapted them to fit your story.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 12:00 »
I have two ideas for Nidorino's defeat.

1) that battle I've mentioned a few times.

2) maybe after a battle with mudkip or something, Nidorino falls into the Porygoniser and is Porygonised. He defeated somehow soon after.

Which one do you like?

Idea 1 means Nidorino doesn't die and could return in the future, meaning a lot of opportunities and potential.

But idea 2 would mean Nidorino's death and will never return.

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 12:11 »
Really that ones up to you. It depends on whether you think hes an interesting enough villain for another story. Also bear in mind though that character death is a big thing, even if it is the death of a villain. Most people (good guys in particular) would have a strong emotional reaction to killing someone, even if it was an accident and the person for the most part deserved it.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 12:27 »
I want to do idea 1, but that all depends on whether I can animate it or not.

Maybe after zangoose helps mudkip, he takes him to a place where there is a tribe of pokemon that hate Nidorino. Then zangoose tells Nidorino where mudkip is like I said before. Then Nidorino sends a group of Porygons to attack. Mudkip and everyone else defeats them all. The next morning, mudkip continues to go to Nidorino.

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2016, 13:17 »
I want to do idea 1, but that all depends on whether I can animate it or not.

Honestly it sounds like you want to do that more, so id say go for it. You might as well try animating it and see where it goes. The only way to improve at anything is to push yourself.

And everything else seems interesting enough. Id suggest gathering up all your ideas and sorting them out into a rough kind of guideline, before you actually start scripting and animating anything.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2016, 13:43 »
Here is a rough time line:

Beginning > Nidorina gets kidnapped > train chase > where is Nidorina? > the journey begins > Nidorino reveals his plan to Nidorina > the ambush/saved by zangoose > the tribe > zangoose is Porygonised > the attack > Porygons defeated/Porygon2 is created > mudkip continues/the examination > mudkip encounters Porygon2 > battle Porygon2 > mudkip will be Porygonised! > Porygon2 returns > Porygon2 is defeated/arriving at Nidorino's fortress > the trap > the final battle > Nidorina is saved > the end

There is some music I want to use, but can't find it without background sounds.

From 1:10-1:38

If you have any questions about my time line, just quote the part you're asking about and ask your question.