Author Topic: plz rate my team!  (Read 4101 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline MegaNerd14

• Highest Master Meganerd
  • Rex Fan
  • my battle theme is "Radix - Fire and Ice"
    • View Profile
plz rate my team!
« on: April 14, 2016, 23:28 »
My planned team for Pokemon Emerald, plz rate.

Blaziken:

Ability: Blaze

Sunny Day
Blaze Kick
Earthquake
Sky Uppercut

Nature: Hasty
Item: Charcoal

Gardevoir:

Ability: Trace

Psychic
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Double Team

Nature: Timid
Item: TwistedSpoon

Aggron

Ability: Sturdy

Iron Tail
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Brick Break

Nature: Adamant
Item: Shell Bell

Crobat

Ability: Inner Focus

Wing Attack
Sludge Bomb
Facade
Confuse Ray

Nature: Jolly
Item: Lax Incense

Magneton

Ability: Sturdy

Reflect
Supersonic
Shock Wave
Thunder

Item: Magnet

Milotic

Ability: Marvel Scale

Surf
Waterfall
Dive
Ice Beam

Item: Mystic Water
[insert memes] [insert signature too]

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
Re: plz rate my team!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 07:22 »
It's good!

PS: It's against the rules to double post!
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline MegaNerd14

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 08:11 »
thx. :D ill delete the double post when i have time.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 08:25 »
I could beat your team with mine!

Sceptile
nickname Forest
Personality: impish
Moves: leaf blade, slam, bullet seed, absorb

Graveller
 nickname Avalanche
Personality: mild
Moves: rock blast, rock smash, strength, magnitude

Zigzagoon
nickname Bandit
Personality: lax
Moves: surf, rest, return, facade

Flygon
nickname Dragonfly
Personality: calm
Moves: fly, dragonbreath, crunch, iron tail

Absol
nickname disaster
Personality: hardy
Moves: shock wave, perish song, cut, bite

Latias
Nickname: Eona
Personality: docile
Moves: psywave, mist ball, fly, surf

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 09:59 »
latias dude's ego aside

im gonna rate this as if its an ingame team, 'cause i like building ingame teams better than competitive tbh

your blaziken's got an okay moveset for ingame coverage, but the nature isn't ideal. of course, it doesn't matter too much ingame UNLESS it takes away from a stat you need, because you'll find yourself at a disadvantage. his reccomended nature is adamant (+attack -special attack). now, as for sets, my knowledge usually goes to moves around 4th to 6th gen, so if one of the moves is unavailable let me know and i'll try find you an alternative.

this is my reccomendation(s):
- Superpower / Sky Uppercut / Focus Punch
- Flare Blitz / Flamethrower / Flame Kick
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide (Rock Slide is breed only, so only do this if you're planning to breed to get egg moves and ideal nature)
- ThunderPunch

its an competitive set, and it's also pretty okay for ingame. but superpower is a pretty good move to have. you could replace this with another high power fighting move if you want, but it hurts a LOT with choice band. i'm personally not a big fan of choice band etc, but it's due to the drawback - you usually have to swap them out to get rid of the lock to one move, and i like sweeping. a lot.

If you can get hidden power ice for coverage to replace the third move, that's a good choice too, but the type is very important. blaziken is mainly a physical attacker, but physical fire moves in this gen are pretty rare.

for gardevoir, hypnosis is good but dream eater is just kind of a waste. its definitely a special attacker, but hypnosis/dreameater takes two slots better suited to getting more coverage. i personally reccomend you replace dream eater with thunderbolt, shadow ball, or some other special attack move. coverage is pretty ideal for ingame. double team is also a complete waste, but psychic is a move you should definitely keep.

Aggron's is good - try to see if you can get iron head over iron tail, if possible, but i cant remember if it's even IN gen 3. Rock slide over aerial ace. He's pretty bulky if i remember right, i had a hard times fighting him. i'm not 100% sure how is speed or other stats are, mind.

Magneton's moveset is... okay. Thunder is good on it, but try to get thunderbolt if you can - try to give it to magneton over gardevoir if you only have access to one TM (as in, youc ant clone it or get more) but i think he learns it anyway so look it up. Try to avoid moves like reflect and supersonic - thunder wave is better if you're looking for status moves, and reflect is pretty useless in 3rd gen if i remember because i remember still one shotting people setting it up so

Milotic makes a good HM slave, but with all of their moves being water or ice, you WILL run into huge problems. Milotic is also pretty bad without recover, even ingame, and milotic helps reduce the need for potions etc not just through bulk, but also through recover. Try to spread waterfall and dive to other members of your team if possible, or switch a HM slave in and out of your team. milotic is a special attacker by far - physical attacks won't do it a lot of justice (even if they get stab) against pokemon who might have resistances. it really needs more coverage imo.

that's my opinion at least, happy gaming!

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline MegaNerd14

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 11:14 »
This is pokemon emerald. BEFORE the physical/special split. all moves of a type were in a certain category. (eg: all fire moves are special, all fighting moves and ground moves are physical) im playing emerald, not XYORAS. also, rock slide isn't a TM here, and magneton learns thunderbolt already, i need to give thunderbolt to gardevoir because it doesn't learn it. my idea of battle strategy isn't that great. with natures im taking away stats i don't need in this generation, and boosting ones i do. i also don't consider an HM slave to be a part of the team. also iron head isn't in this gen. srry if im a bit out of order here. it's 6:21 AM where i live, and i haven't slept well. also read what items they have. i put shock wave on magneton because it always hits and has stab. magneton is going to deal with Juan's stupid ass kingdra when i get there. every member on my team, every item, every friggen NATURE, is there for a good reason. reflect halves physical damage to my team for 5 turns also i can't get recover on milotic because it isn't a tm and it's holding a shell bell to fix it. if i had recover as a tm i would teach it to gardevoir, actually. with natures i also soft reset for the torchic and just look for the right pokemon with everything else.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:27 by PokeMaster9001 »

Offline MegaNerd14

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 15:23 »
You, TheNameMaster, every part of your team is bad. natures, WRONG. moves, okay, i guess, but there are better moves with higher accuracy, AND this is BEFORE diamond/pearl and the physical/special split. YOU need to study more on team building and learn more about your members. there's everything you need to know on pokemondb.net about your team and natures and other crap, ad teammagma.net has a good team builder you can use. you need a Balanced team on types and levels, not to use pokemon you cannot get, and use a half-decent moveset. I could sweep your team with JUST MY SWAMPERT on my Omega Ruby. that is how BAD your team is.

UPDATE!
Plus my Rayquaza if i need to
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 20:10 by PokeMaster9001 »

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 15:33 »
I know that most of my team is weak against ice, but how many ice type trainers do you see in emerald...

I could sweep your team with JUST MY SWAMPERT on my Omega Ruby.
And I could kick your swampert's ass with my Sceptile! It's weak against grass!

If you're trying to Insult my team, you're going to have to try harder!

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 17:25 »
ok in fairness poison spent the time to give u a full breakdown on their opinions which u asked for and even if they made one or two tiny mistakes it's kind of a dumb move to ask to be rated and then scream about how ur definitely right....

thanks gl <3

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 17:48 »
OK. What about my Leaf Green team?

Venasaur, nidoqueen, Kadabra, pidgeot, onix and raichu

Offline MegaNerd14

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 22:34 »
get a friend so u can get a alakazam and steelix

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 22:38 »
get a friend so u can get a alakazam and steelix
Can't. It's on an emulator. And I can't evolve onix in Leaf Green.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 02:58 »
And I could kick your swampert's ass with my Sceptile! It's weak against grass!

If you're trying to Insult my team, you're going to have to try harder!

A few things:
1. That's a can of worms you don't want to open. You'd likely have to switch in your sceptile, leaving time for swampert to hit and run, or simply double switch.
2. There's a thing called blaziken that casually crumples sceptile up and throws it away. Don't even try the "just use EQ or Aerial Ace" argument because blaziken has obscene power that would either dent or outright kill it if sceptile doesn't safely switch in. Don't lure with it other to bring in another pokemon to deal with ken, because a good player reads that and punishes/double switches.
3. If you're trying to insult others, you should try harder, or better yet not do it at all and be constructive instead. I like the second option, try that please.
4. Hypothetical situations and showboating aren't the purpose for this topic. It's to help with someone's team. Try Pokemon Showdown's Lobby if you want to do that.

PS: It's against the rules to double post!

5. Oh boy that looks like a bait if I ever saw it. I'll probably end up getting a ban if I say anything further so i'm ignoring that.

Now back to the topic at hand

Assuming this is ingame, allow me to do my own analysis on 1 pokemon in particular and the rest later (no disrespect meant to poison):

Blaziken

If you only listen to me for one pokemon, it better be this one. Hasty ups speed and lowers defense. This isn't a horrible nature ingame because although there isn't an upped attacking stat, you aren't binded to that one stat. Since you're running hasty, you can run a mixed set that can blast through different things.

1. Fire move. You can run Overheat for sheer power but it drops SpA, making it a hit and run or a last ditch effort attack. Blaze Kick is a lot less powerful but has a lot more PP, which is what I personally suggest. Fire Blast is a middle ground in power and doesn't drop SpA, but it's the least accurate and has the same pp as overheat.

2. If you're going to run Sunny Day, if blaziken learns solarbeam this gen (can't remember, brain is fried from writing a paper), teach it that as it covers some of your your weaknesses. If it can't learn Solarbeam, drop Sunny Day for more coverage as it really isn't worth it due to Blaziken's frailty (which is made worse by hasty's defense drop)

3. Sky Uppercut is the preferred Fighting Type move, so if you want to keep a fighting move (great for rock types and sidney), keep that.

4. Thunder Punch is also a great move for blaziken as it covers two weaknesses (assuming it lives long enough to use a move). However, if you use Overheat, buyer beware. Overheat drops SpA by 2 stages, meaning it will weaken it. Keep Thunder Punch.

5. Don't send it out against psychic types. Just don't. I might have to hunt you down myself if you do that.

6. Earthquake/Dig can be good choices and don't overlook those as possible options to catch other fire types.

Final set:

Blaze Kick/Fire Blast/Overheat
Thunder Punch
Sky Uppercut
Earthquake/Dig/(insert other coverage move here)

or if sunny beam can be done and you want that

Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Blaze Kick/Fire Blast/Overheat
Sky Uppercut/Thunder Punch/Earthquake/Dig/(insert other coverage move here)

More pokemon analysis to come soon but I have work to do.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:12 by SirBlaziken »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 11:18 »
adding on to what sirblaziken said, standard mega pert has ice punch, which beats mega sceptile, and if rain is up, swampert outspeeds. the name master, your entire team loses to swampert lol

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 11:39 »
What level is pokemaster9001's pokemon?

Mine are either level 50, 51, 52 or 53!