Author Topic: General Welcome Thread - What Are These Forums About? [Please Read!]  (Read 4252 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
First off, thanks for joining the site and I hope that you'll stick around for a while! It's always nice to have new members joining so here's a break down of the site so it makes settling in somewhat easier =]

PKMN.NET as a forum tries to be as community strong as possible, so please, don't be afraid to get involved. We're always willing to read what's posted and to get discussion going on a range of topics so don't hesitate if there's any topic you wish to talk about (as long as it complies within the rules; this thread is a great way to adjust to the serious side of joining the site). There's a board for every set of games, even a few which you may feel are under-appreciated so take the opportunity to talk about it if you've got a desire to.

If you feel you wish to get to know members on a more personal basis, don't hesitate to utilise the site's chat function; there'll usually be some of us in there having fun, discussing pretty much anything so yeah, we're a very approachable bunch. Don't hesitate to ask about anything you need help with, both on there, in this thread or via Personal Message. There'll always be at least one person willing to help, usually more though! We're a very approachable gang =]

Don't just think you have to be here just to speak about Pokémon either; whilst the game series obviously holds a place close to our hearts we're just as willing to talk about topics away from that. Have you got something you're really proud of you? Post a topic in Random Randomness, or, if it's your own piece of art, use the wonderful Your Art section. Have you got a favourite artist that you want to talk about or put spotlight on? Visit the Music board. There's so many options to talk about so please, do not hesitate at all!

Of course, if you don't wish to be as eccentric towards posting you do not need to be, that's the beauty of this place, you can take it at your own pace and your own style and will still feel welcomed! We've also got some successful side projects that you can get involved with if you wish; this place is all about working together to make it the best it can be for the members involved =]

As a first step into getting more involved with the community here's a nice little form you can fill out (I'd also like older members to fill this in too so we've got a range of people), see it as an ice breaker:

Code: [Select]
[b]Username:[/b] pretty self explanatory
[b]Why did you pick your username?:[/b] what made you choose the username you did?
[b]Location:[/b] country, city, however in depth you want to
[b]Favourite Pokemon:[/b] I mean, everyone is sure to have a favourite Pokémon on here!
[b]Favourite Type:[/b] Same as above 
[b]Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself:[/b] just a little something that makes you you I guess haha

Here's mine as a heads up:

Username: GL.
Why did you pick your username?: It stands for Gurren Lagann which is from the anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, pretty much my most re-watched series out of any genre
Favourite Pokemon: I guess I've got two? I'd have to say Mewtwo and Arcanine, the former because its aura and due to its creation making it seem like the ultimate life form, I just found that to be a really interesting concept and Arcanine because it just seems like the perfect companion for a Pokémon journey
Favourite Type: Dragon; I find it very difficult to do a Pokémon playthrough without at least one Dragon type
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: I can pretty much make a (bad) pun out of most things... it's pretty terrible but kinda fun to be able to do haha

Don't also feel like you shouldn't have to do your own thread to Say Hello upon joining; see this more of a guide rather than me saying hello! If you make a Say Hello thread alongside posting in here you'll get even more of a chance of getting to know us all ^^

So please, enjoy your stay here and stick around, because we'd love for you to post as much as possible!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 13:01 by GL. »

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
I'll break the ice as a veteran...

Username:  Lord Raven
Why did you pick your username?:  Raven is a character in Fire Emblem and someone called him Lord Raven once, so I went with it.  Ravens are also my favorite football team.
Location:  From Ellicott City, MD close to Baltimore, currently residing in Tucson, Arizona for grad school.
Favourite Pokemon:  TYRANITAR
Favourite Type:  Steel or Dragon maybe?
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself:  I study physics
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Username: Sappy
Why did you pick your username?: Del's a loser
Favourite Pokemon: Crobat/Ledian/Nosepass
Favourite Type: Water
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: I'm awesome.
Slowly an old member..

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
hello friends i am del welcome to forums

Username: Del / Tides

Why did you pick your username?: Del was just the nickname I had as a kid, I dunno why, probably less effort to say than just Dale. I go by Tides pretty much everywhere else, which comes from TidesOfDel being shortened, where TidesOfDel comes from the band Tides Of Man and Del being put together because I'm hella uncreative.

Favourite Pokémon: Torterra -> Venusaur -> Sceptile are my top 3. You can see a trend :^)

Favourite Type: Probably Grass if I have to pick, but I don't have a particular preference.

Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: I'm a really really big eSports fan, and I spend a lot of time watching or streaming competitive video games like League Of Legends, Starcraft 2 or Dota 2. I'm not very good at them tho ;;

you can always find me in the IRC, ping/alert me there if you ever wanna talk, or shoot me a pm or whatever~
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Username: JSM
Why did you pick your username?: My name is Jamie and my two favourite pokemon at the time were Snorunt and Miltank, although I'm not a massive fan of Miltank anymore.
Favourite Pokemon: Snorunt, Kecleon, Tropius, Castform, Hawlucha.
Favourite Type: Ice, Normal, Bug and Fairy 
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: I'm going to start studying Maths at university next month and I will live at home whilst doing so (which generally isn't the done thing).

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
bonjour

Username: Shaymin (signed up as Shiny Pikachu)
Why did you pick your username?: I first saw Shaymin it was adorable and thus the username. Shiny Pikachu was a) i liked shiny things and b) Pikachu is my favourite pokemon
Favourite Pokemon: Pikachu B:
Favourite Type: Electric 
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: i'm asexual? that's literally the only thing i can think of B:

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Username: Spriter
Why did you pick your username?: I started doing spriting so it came from that :P
Favourite Pokemon: Currently Yveltal
Favourite Type: Steel / Dark
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: I don't actually sprite much now so my username is a contradiction!

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Username: bread (it isnt now because I change it really often nowadays, but yeah just call me bread)
Why did you pick your username?: i was hungry
Favourite Pokemon: arcanine because qt3.14
Favourite Type: ive always had a thing for electric,  maybe because its only got one weakness
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: looking to be a computer person when I get to the older stages of life (this isnt really interesting but hey)

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Username: Richard and Blaziken
Why did you pick your username?: After D/P came out, there was a lot of Infernape hype, and no one cared about my favorite Pokemon anymore. It started as a statement that I'd stick with Blaziken no matter what, and I've stuck with that.
Favourite Pokemon: Blaziken
Favourite Type: Fighting
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: I'm a spriter, writer, and competitive fighter!
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
Username: Delicious_Scout.
Why did you pick your username?: I wonder why…
Favourite Pokemon: Registeel.
Favourite Type: Rock Type.
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: Interesting fact: I am not interesting.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
Username: sylar
Why did you pick your username?: i love the tv show heroes even though its kinda lame
Favourite Pokemon: meowth, braixen, lugia, crobat
Favourite Type: water type master race
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: i tried to punch out peter pan at disneyland when i was like 4

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Username: inferna
Why did you pick your username?: I originally joined on my last account in 2007 as PiPluP_94 but changed it to Inferna_94 as I had a female infernape with the same name in diamond and thought it sounded cool. I deleted the 94 part and here we are.
Favourite Pokemon: Typhlosion, Ampharos and Pumpkaboo.
Favourite Type: Fire or electric.
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: I play the trumpet and I can make hand farts.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Username: RubyRobin
Why did you pick your username?: Robin is like the best, but it kinda needed a prefix to be a username so I went with Ruby ^^
Favourite Pokémon: Meganium
Favourite Type: DRAGOOOOOOOOOON
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: Nothing I'm boring Idk, I guess I have a double jointed thumb but that's not particularly interesting xD
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Wolstenholme

Username: Bad Wolf/Signed up as Wolstenholme
Why did you pick your username?: Bad Wolf is a fairly rad Doctor Who reference that relates to my favourite Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) and Wolstenholme is the surname of the bass player in Muse, my favourite band. Everyone calls me Chloe though, for that is my name.
Favourite Pokemon: Hydreigon, Heliolisk, Typhlosion and Skarmory
Favourite Type: I can never choose between Electric and Grass.
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: I sponsor Polar Bears and have a cuddly Polar Bear toy named Elsie.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
Username: Lalice of Shrubs
Why did you pick your username?: i live in a garden and my name is Llalice obvs
Favourite Pokemon: Gardevoir and Cubone <33
Favourite Type: ground
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: i can't format things just look at all them size tags

thanks gl <3