Author Topic: PKMN.net's Tier Lists  (Read 46528 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Luna874

• Rob Fan
  • I AM AN UBER NOW SO YOU HAVE TO RESPECT ME
    • View Profile
    • Luna874
Latios?
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2010, 13:35 »
I am curious, WHY IS LATIOS UBER!!!

without a soul dew, it is basically a latias clone.

sure it has these base stats:
HP 80
Atk 90
Def 80
SpAtk 130 
SpDef 110 
Speed 110

it has a total of 600, and its movepool is verry similar to latias also it has the same type and ability.
the only reasons its uber is because of the soul dew.

the difference between latias and latios is that latias has the same stats except latias has more special defence and defence.

my point is that latios should be OU

Webby2

Re: PKMN.net's Tier Lists
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2010, 13:40 »
Latios doesn't need to set up in order to go for a Special Sweep. It has enough Speed to run Choice Specs, iirc it gets Dragon Dance meaning that it can use physical, it can work mixed, it can take a hit quite decently in comparison with others in OU. It's movepool is very diverse as well, like Latias.

Latias is very overpowered in OU anyways imo, not too sure if anyone else agrees, because of how many Pokémon it can counter and how hard it can be to break down. Neither need Soul Dew to be effective. Latios would overpower the OU tier easily. It's much better suited in Uber, even if it's not the best choice to use.

(I could be wrong here so someone can correct me if necessary)

Offline Luna874

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
    • Luna874
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2010, 21:43 »
scizor can ALMOST counter latios if it does not have hidden power fire or a choice item as scizor can used x-scissor to hit latios on its lower, 80 base defence and do lots of damage(only if scizor has a choice item).
also, if it is a swords dance scizor, it will be more likely to get killed as it needs to set up and latios can 2HKO scizor with any special attack that is not a dragon attack as scizor resists dragon moves.

if i am wrong, can someone correct me as I do not use damage calculations: I use common sense

for example: a gyarados holding a life orb using waterfall after using 2 dragon dances will do a lot of damage to forretress

Offline Zy

• Ice and Lightning
  • Sentret Fan
  • Time for a true display of skill!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2010, 22:58 »
Rather than explain using words, I would be more than happy to arrange a battle over Shoddy OR WiFi since I have a Latios there as well, and show you WHY it is uber and why even with Life Orb, after simply 1 Calm Mind it is capable of annihilated the whole OU metagame. Scizor cannot take repeated Thunderbolts and U-Turn doesn't so enough damage.
| | | |

Offline Laprabi

• hehehehehehehe
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2010, 20:39 »
scizor can ALMOST counter latios if it does not have hidden power fire or a choice item as scizor can used x-scissor to hit latios on its lower, 80 base defence and do lots of damage(only if scizor has a choice item).

Almost isn't good enough. You're basically saying that it can almost counter it, but it can't quite do the job, so something else has to come in and finish it off, which isn't countering.
hahahahahahaha

gunnybunny2

« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2010, 21:31 »
I never knew Garchomp was Uber I always thought he was OU there was a big thing on Smogon about it aswell.

Offline Luna874

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
    • Luna874
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2010, 00:27 »
Rather than explain using words, I would be more than happy to arrange a battle over Shoddy OR WiFi since I have a Latios there as well, and show you WHY it is uber and why even with Life Orb, after simply 1 Calm Mind it is capable of annihilated the whole OU metagame. Scizor cannot take repeated Thunderbolts and U-Turn doesn't so enough damage.

jolteon can outspeed latios and can do a lot of damage with a choice specs/life orb.
latios will kill jolteon but it resists thunderbolt, grass moves and surf(i think) so it has a chance to kill latios but that chace is a small one.

also, why is espeon NU?, have you seen its speed and special attack

Webby2

« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2010, 01:17 »
On the Latios point - Latios resists all of those moves, Jolteon only resists thunderbolt out of those. Jolteon doesn't pack enough punch to defeat Latios in one hit whereas Latios can destroy Jolteon with one. You said it; just a small chance. Each member of a team of 6 would probably have a small chance of beating Latios, so it'd go through about 3 of your team unless you battle really well. That makes the rest of the match really hard.

On the Espeon point - It's movepool isn't particularly that good and there are Pokémon which do it's sort of thing much better than it does. It won't get picked above Alakazam and the like.

Offline ZombieSteven

• Amateur Spriter.Also a...
  • Rex Fan
  • "May the darkness be with you."by ZombieSteven
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2010, 03:46 »
I swept 4 Pokemon in a row just by using Latios.
Thats a proof that it can't be countered(easily)right?
I am curious, WHY IS LATIOS UBER!!!

without a soul dew, it is basically a latias clone.

sure it has these base stats:
HP 80
Atk 90
Def 80
SpAtk 130 
SpDef 110 
Speed 110

it has a total of 600, and its movepool is verry similar to latias also it has the same type and ability.
the only reasons its uber is because of the soul dew.

the difference between latias and latios is that latias has the same stats except latias has more special defence and defence.

my point is that latios should be OU

I agree with you.Latios should be in OU due to its somewhat similarity to Latias(assuming that I am a fan of Latios myself)

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 03:50 by TheLatiosFan »
Play a private match of Call Of Duty:Modern Warfare Reflex by clicking here!

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2010, 13:28 »
I swept 4 Pokemon in a row just by using Latios.
Thats a proof that it can't be countered(easily)right?

No.

Proof is a collection of calculations showing an understanding of the Mechanics of the game and how the Pokémon in question manages to reach the numbers you want it to reach. Personal experiences, unless explained thoroughly and having had the knowledge of what the opponent was using, is unfortunately usually useless because the chances of it being replicated again are remote.

Sorry =/

I agree with you.Latios should be in OU due to its somewhat similarity to Latias(assuming that I am a fan of Latios myself)

The difference in Special Attack is what makes the difference.

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Offline Luna874

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
    • Luna874
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2010, 08:22 »
since latias and latios are verry similar, their counters are similar due to both movepools being verry similar along with same typing.

one word: pursuit, if it can kill latias quite easily and latios has lower defences then it should do more damage to latios.

off topic: why is espeon NU, it should be UU. also why are dusknoir and ninjask OU.

ninjask is weak and is a pure baton passer and can not do anything else
dusknoir is a little bit useful but now the rotom appliances are OU, i see no real use for dusknoir in OU and it should be BL

Offline Laprabi

• hehehehehehehe
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2010, 08:53 »
Latios and Latias are similar, but it's that Sp.Atk/Sp.Def swap that makes all the difference.
hahahahahahaha

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2010, 11:05 »
off topic: why is espeon NU, it should be UU. also why are dusknoir and ninjask OU.

Not really sure about Espeon, seeing as that 130 base special attack would probably dominate NU...as for Ninjask, it has the ability to 'stall' for at least five turns with Substitute and leftovers, allowing an assured +5 Speed boost, passed to whatever you want to speed up - that's not taking Swords Dance into account either.

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2010, 11:08 »
Not really sure about Espeon, seeing as that 130 base special attack would probably dominate NU...as for Ninjask, it has the ability to 'stall' for at least five turns with Substitute and leftovers, allowing an assured +5 Speed boost, passed to whatever you want to speed up - that's not taking Swords Dance into account either.

The one thing that keeps Espeon out of UU is Alakazam.. Espeon's only real niche as a psychic type in UU is as a fast Baton Passer, other sets are outclassed by the likes of Zam.

Ninjask is simple to defeat - you set up Stealth Rocks against it then Phaze it away. All teams should have some form of priority, so when it rears it's head again (with 50% hp), you should be able to pick it off easily. No one should let a Ninjask setup that much, because it's really quite simple to stop with a well made team.

Offline Luna874

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
    • Luna874
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2010, 19:21 »
why is mew uber as it has the same stats as celebi, jirachi and shaymin.

Yes, i know it has a large movepool but other then that, it is not that strong unless it has a life orb, leftovers or choice item to help it sweep or wall.

it ability is not too powerful and in my opinion mew is only good at baton passing due to swords dance, rock polish, nasty plot, amnesia, calm mind, charge beam and iron defence in its verry large movepool.