Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 279807 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline The Captain

• I guess I'm like a boomerang.
  • Psythor Fan
  • 배고파
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter haha.
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #2055 on: April 19, 2012, 14:19 »
it's kinda nice in a way to let them have a rest because RTD kinda over used them a bit in my opinion..

50th anniversary is gonna be amazing i hope!

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #2056 on: August 25, 2012, 21:59 »
Back next week, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. :3

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: August 26, 2012, 17:57 »
SAVE THE DALEKS

SAVE THE DALEKS

so excited words cannot even describe omg

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: September 01, 2012, 20:13 »
Loved it, a near perfect modern day Dalek episode if I ever saw one.... X3

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: September 01, 2012, 22:54 »
Well that was as amazing as something could possibly have been.

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: September 02, 2012, 00:32 »
Spoilers abound~!

Welp, I guess Silence has fallen then! The Daleks asked the Question! This is.. puzzling.

Eh idk I felt a little underwhelmed by the episode. Intriguing thing with the girl being, y'know, the new assistant and all, wonder how that will play out. They might just do what they did with Martha and have the actress debut as a relative of the assistant (Victorian Christmas special -> great great great etc grandmother?), but it'd be a bit.. crap, if they did that again.

At the end, when the Doctor has run off, she says "Run, you clever boy.." and then she says either "I remember" or "And remember" (and looks right into the camera hahaha). Any idea which? Because if it's the former, it's quite possible this is another River thing and we've just seen the END of her timeline and she's already travelled with the Doctor, and her memories of that were locked away by the Daleks.

She did remind me an awful lot of River, actually...

So much Amy pouting. I love Rory =[ <3 I thought the whole "Amy can't have children" revelation was really rushed, it was just kind of thrown out there.. although I don't think anyone can blame Rory for thinking he loved her more. That, too, was done far quicker than I thought it should've been really.

The Doctor was such a prat to Oswin, though I guess it's just him not being able to get past his hatred of Daleks.

"Eggs.. terminate!" <3 hahaha.

Very excited for the rest of the series.. Dinosaurs on a spaceship looks utterly ridiculous, and far more like the sort of episode I was expecting as the series opener, but I'm glad we got this instead.

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: September 02, 2012, 14:06 »
Found myself watching this, purely because DALEKS :D

Eggs...Ter...Min...Ate was quite cool, and funny. You do wonder how Rory didn't get blasted to bits, some really strange dodging going on there.

Also, the girl who turned out to be a Dalek...well, quite wierd. Also, erasing the memory of every Dalek was quite the funny bit. "Doctor...who?"

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: September 26, 2012, 13:58 »
Well I'm going to be hiding behind a cushion this Saturday! The angels scare me silly ^^; though the main impression I got from the trailer was "Oh my god the Statue of Liberty is a Weeping Angel."

What're everyone's thoughts on the series so far? I actually really like it, the dinosaurs episode made me chuckle (though good lord, the innuendo, Filch just made me incredibly uncomfortable), and the Wild West episode was okay but I was kinda sad that the other doctor DID have an ulterior motive.. I would've preferred it if he really was just trying to turn over a new leaf.

And the black box episode was great until the end, and then it was crap. Most horribly rushed ending ever D=

wake up, kids

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: September 29, 2012, 20:09 »
Not to disobay the 3 word rule, but;

Amy...... T.T ;_______;

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: September 29, 2012, 21:13 »
That was both very sad and very frustrating.

I was getting really quite leaky in the bit with Rory in the room, when we found out what that building was.. very unsettling idea D= AHHHHHH that smiling Angel, good lord that was horrifying.

It's interesting that (in my opinion, at least) Blink was by far the scariest Angels episode, but back then all they did was set you back a few years - you could then live out your life in peace. The Byzantian episodes were nowhere near as scary, probably because we actually saw the Angels move, but they were going in for snapping necks and mind control then. And then this episode definitely had the more horrifying consequences - being locked up in a room for the rest of your life, knowing that those demons were always outside (how did they survive, anyway? did the Angels cook for them? :3) - but again, it wasn't as scary as Blink. Largely because, in Blink, just blinking gave the Angels enough time to traverse a corridor or something.. in this episode, I was screaming "LOOK AT THE ANGEL" every five minutes, but seemingly now you just have to be kinda vaguely aware that there is an Angel in the same room as you and you will probably be fine.

How did Rory get sent to Winter Quay, anyway? Can baby Angels only spacially displace people or something? Those things were creepy o_o "Put him with the babies." -shudder-

Speaking of creepy children, what was with the kid in the window when the detective first went into the house?! o_o was it some kind of weird warning? He didn't seem very anxious..

The "collector" chap was bizarre - for someone with a massive fear of statues and Angels, he HAD two massive gold ANGEL STATUES behind his desk, that he had his back to at all times! Considering his claim that the Angels had taken over every statue in the city.. it just seemed a bit silly! He also seemed like a massive Dalek callback - collection fetish, keeping a massively powerful being chained up to be part of his collection, deliberately torturing it, etc.

I loved how it was implied from the very start that there was an Angel in the graveyard, though was it ever clear why they kept going back there? Unless it was something to do with Rory later seeing his own grave there, and therefore knowing his future and thus causing a fixed point in time.. dunno. Speaking of which, how did Amy going back not cause a paradox? She knew that her name wasn't meant to be on the stone.. and yet it was.

Why did River decide not to travel with the Doctor? There's probably a plot reason that I've forgotten ^^;

Time travel episodes always confuse me.

And what was with the Statue of Liberty hahahaha. I loved that no matter how ridiculous it was xD The bit where the detective got up onto the roof and you just saw its TEETH! That was awesome. How on earth it managed to get across the city without causing uproar - we heard it stopping every few seconds, so people were definitely seeing it! - is beyond me.

(all the questions aren't criticisms of the episode btw, there probably are reasons can be conjured up for any of them. For example, I wasn't sure why the Angels would actually bother keeping people in the building once they'd set up the loop for them to be there in the first place, but Kyriakou pointed out that them seeing their own death causes a fixed point, so it stops them from running off and changing it.. except Rory, of course. I'm gonna miss him ;_; <3)

wake up, kids

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: September 29, 2012, 22:36 »

How did Rory get sent to Winter Quay, anyway? Can baby Angels only spacially displace people or something? Those things were creepy o_o "Put him with the babies." -shudder-

thing is, didnt the one at the beginning send him back in time as well? So maybe they can do both. Unless you want to argue that they're the same thing or something idk.

Offline Xagor

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: October 12, 2012, 21:20 »
The BBC have released an un-filmed extra scene from after the last episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWU6XL9xI4k
3DS Friend Code:1676 3937 3524
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://tcgshiyo.wordpress.com/

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: October 14, 2012, 05:59 »
am i the only one who thinks that this season will be remembered in 5 years for being the season that essentially cancelled doctor who

like ive just been getting more and more disappointed ever since moffat took the helm
           

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: December 25, 2012, 18:20 »
My inner nerd screamed yay at its loudest at that new intro! X3

And yeah, enjoyed the episode, a lot better then last year's Xmas ep. Very intriguing Season mystery, looking forward to this one. ;)

Offline Alfie Timewolf

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: December 27, 2012, 01:15 »
Was the Christmas Special worth the wait? Yes. Did anything disappoint me? The interior of the TARDIS.

Clara Oswin Oswald - a mystery in her own right. But so was River Song in the beginning, although in saying that, River was never turned into a Dalek... And then blown up... No, wait, hang on, I'm confused now

Going by the adverts, and the name of the Christmas special, I thought it would have been the Doctor VS the Snowmen - full on Winter war. Heads would roll, snow would be melted, Frosty's army of arm-less snowmen would get their icy asses kicked.

But no, actually, the snowmen were quite useless. The episode had less to do with the snowmen and more to do with the fact that the snow was slightly telepathic.

Back to the TARDIS, poor old girl. The exterior of our favourite Blue box had definitely seen better days, the paint peeling and faded. And I don't really like the new interior either, it's just so... Bland. I mean, yes it's lovely that they built a whole 360 degree interior for the TARDIS, but I just think it's too... Serious is the word I'm looking for.

The old console was mad looking, with bits of human stuff, alien stuff and all the weird and wacky things in between. Things clicked and turned and moved all by themselves, that's what I loved about the previous TARDIS. And the colours! They were so warm with all the oranges and yellows, even the green glow in the Time rotor (the thing in the middle of the console) was welcoming.

Madam Vastra and Jenny are married? What a nice thing to just randomly throw out at us. And Strax, my goodness, he had me laughing more than once. The things he was coming off with were brilliant.

My favourite bit of the whole episode, hands down, has to be when Clara was climbing the stairs up into the sky. And when she reaches the top, there stands the TARDIS on the clouds, like something out of a wonderful dream.

And the Doctor impersonating Sherlock Holmes was a funny moment, a bit weird and definitely unexpected, but still funny.