Author Topic: So... X2 and Y2, or Z? WARNING SPOILERS!!!  (Read 12187 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Raphetty

• Streetpasser Extraordinaire
  • Name Rater Hater
  • 54 Mii Plaza Accomplishments; 924 Plaza Population
    • View Profile
Re: So... X2 and Y2, or Z? WARNING SPOILERS!!!
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2014, 10:13 »
Well I'm going to go with ZX and ZY. Kinda more interesting and original perhaps? And a nice way to keep the Z but still have 2 more versions.

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica
Omega Ruby trainer name: Moga ... Alpha Sapphire trainer name: Rosella

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2014, 10:26 »
I think there's almost definitely two new versions, mainly because of the moves Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves.

Much like Ice burn + Freeze shock, these moves are in the games coding but no pokemon can learn it. The animation looks very Zygarde-y with hexagons and the like for both, and both are ground type moves identical to Land's Wrath, bar a secondary effect (Arrows hits flying types and levitators, Waves traps pokemon). For this reason, I believe there will be two 'Z' versions, and at a guess I'd say Zygardes two formes will be built to combat Xerneas and Yveltal respectively. Xerneas being a deer thing, it would be trapped by pray (thousand waves), and Yveltal being a flying type would be hit by Thousand Arrows, so it makes a bit of sense in that respect too.

Edit: ignore like the first two sentences of the second paragraph - just noticed someone's already said their effects
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 10:28 by RubyRobin »
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2014, 15:28 »
(trigger warning: my usual incomprehensible schizophrenic pokemon rantings)

i know this has probably been theorised before but the third legendary always turns up and owns the other two both in general and plotwise, so with all these big powerful destruction-y techniques im thinkin it's basically gonna be a ragnarok situation in the third game??? (you can't drench the game in norse mythology and avoid doing ragnarok)
like zygarde just turns up and goes "you know what ive had enough of the both of you" (can't kill them cos they're life and death) so its all Hidan style instead and it just literally buries them both and turns to humanity and goes "r u next?????"

like Ginger Cyrus was going on about humanity being unsustainable and scarcity and all that, so im guessin its gonna be one of those apocalyptic platinum style "oh no the big enemy is gonna literally total the entire planet" things 
(sadly its probably just gonna be some stupid "zygarde recognises ur pokemon loving heart, young trainer, with ur faith in the pokemon u saved the world, thanks trainer, thainer" ending) (as much as i'd love for previous gens boxfront legendaries to come in and do something they probs wont)   

to be total turbonerd handwaving wild "there'll be a digital type!!" theorising about prev. gens tho, like i'd love for kyogre/groudon/rayquaza to be the ones that trashed the ecosystem?? by warring over the land and the sea again but that wont happen either

altho! they could throw us all a total curveball (unlikely) and have "z sapphire" and "z ruby" somehow? why else did the gen III legendaries get mega forms?????????? (i hope i get some nerds hopes up only for them to be dashed when they reveal its "pokemon ZZ top" and ken sugimori himself goes "cos you nerds went on about it too much im not allowing a gen III remake, u blew it, stop asking about the one time we did 16 gyms in gen II, stop writing me letters, i want to go to bed forever")
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 15:32 by uuuaaaghhh samir you are breaking the car! »
           

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2014, 16:55 »
Doesn't what RR said basically point to X2 / Y2 then? Considering they tried it last gen  (and not a lot of us expected B2W2 afaik), it wouldn't be a surprise if they tried it.

Grey was expected last gen but we got B2W2, and Z is expected but...could X2 Y2 be made instead?

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2014, 17:04 »
Doesn't what RR said basically point to X2 / Y2 then? Considering they tried it last gen  (and not a lot of us expected B2W2 afaik), it wouldn't be a surprise if they tried it.

Grey was expected last gen but we got B2W2, and Z is expected but...could X2 Y2 be made instead?

I wouldn't say X2 and Y2, but I do think there'll be two 'third versions'. Perhaps, as other have suggested, XZ & YZ (or maybe AZ and ZZ?)
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2014, 22:19 »
^Or go with Alpha and Omega except using the actual Greek Letters.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2014, 10:05 »
^Or go with Alpha and Omega except using the actual Greek Letters.

What about Phi and Theta? They're symbols used for angles in a Cartesian plane. It goes well in keeping a math theme here- X and Y are the names of axes.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2014, 11:56 »
What about Phi and Theta? They're symbols used for angles in a Cartesian plane. It goes well in keeping a math theme here- X and Y are the names of axes.

Knowing Nintendo, I doubt they'd use that, because how many fans of Pokémon know about Phi and Teta?

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2014, 12:01 »
Knowing Nintendo, I doubt they'd use that, because how many fans of Pokémon know about Phi and Teta?

Most Spaniards know about Tetas, especially Serena's.

How many of us made a correct prediction regarding the names? No one. Kanto Remakes? Nobody. Johto's? Nope. Unova Sequels? Unexpected as heck.

But I wish the names were "Pokémon X-tra" and Pokémon "Y-so serious?".
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2014, 14:20 »
I only suggested Alpha and Omega as the representations of Yveltal and Xernas with Xernas as Alpha (Beginning due to it being the Life Pokemon) and Yveltal as Omega (End for the Destruction Pokemon).
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!