Author Topic: [J]They All Fall Down...again[Re/F][R]  (Read 8659 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Legacy

• I know I'm in my own little world but it's ok, they know me here.
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: [J]They All Fall Down...again[Re/F][R]
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 21:42 »
Kylar had decided to have some water from the glass beside his bed. As he took the sip however, he heard a voice from the other side of the room.

"I don't know why you did it, but thank you for pushing me out of the way. Stupid of you, but thank you."

The shock of hearing the voice caused the former angel to choke on the water, barely managing to put the glass down before putting his hand to his mouth. After a few seconds he caught his breath and looked up sheepishly. "Sorry... He took a moment to take in the figure before him. It was Bliss! He quickly went bright red in embarrassment. All those years of looking after her, and now suddenly she was here when he was in this state.

Kylar suddenly realised that he needed to respond to Bliss' words, and motioned for her to sit beside his bed. "I didn't really have much choice but to push you out of the way. It's...well...I had to. I couldn't let you get hurt." he replied, biting his tongue at the end of his words. She didn't know he'd looked after her for so long, and she couldn't know now.
No man is ever truly good.
No man is ever truly evil.
I do the things you never could,
and we won't ever be equal

Offline Sunnii

• Boom shaka laka
  • Sentret Fan
  • Movie Geek (:
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 22:25 »
Bliss glanced to the end of to his bed before glancing back to Kaylars face. She shuffled awkwardly until she was close enough to hop on got the end of the bed and sit there quietly. "Why couldn't you let me get hurt. You don't know me." Bliss states whilst staring at the lad.
Pompeii - Bastille <3

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 23:02 »
Kylar watched as Bliss walked over and hopped upon the end of the bed, her eyes never leaving his face. After a short silence her lips moved, and words just about tumbled from her mouth.

"Why couldn't you let me get hurt? You don't know me."

Kylar sighed at this. Not because he did in fact know her very well, but because of the way Bliss seemed to think so low of herself. "Would you have done the same were it the other way round? Yes. I did what I needed to do. It's just that simple." he replied, a smile appearing slowly on his face. "You've a funny way of showing appreciation." he added jokingly, his smile now a rather cheeky grin. "I'm Kylar by the way. Kylar Lawton. But I guess you can call me Kai given the circumstances."

Offline Sunnii

• Boom shaka laka
  • Sentret Fan
  • Movie Geek (:
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 00:17 »
"People don't notice me. So why save me?" Bliss questioned but Kylars cheeky remark broke the girls awkwardness slightly as a smile broke onto her face. "Bliss Carter. Now I just have to make it up to you." The girl said as her face lit up with amusement. Kicking off her shoes, the girl crossed her legs on the bed, it sit like a school child again. "So what do I have to do to repay you, Kai?"
Pompeii - Bastille <3

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 07:55 »
Nancy couldn't help it; she couldn't stop pacing back and forth in front of the door.  Behind it was the person who had saved her from the same fate.  Nancy could have been seriously hurt.  Or dead.  That just made worrying about her heroine worse; she could have died.

Nancy had been outside the room since she herself had been checked out by a doctor.  Her jaw was fine.  Nothing was fractured or out of place, but she had been warned of the bruise it would leave and that she could take painkillers if the pain got that bad.  The maniac student that started this in the first place was dragged off by mall security.  Here was hoping she'd get locked up in juvenile hall.

She finally stopped walking and just stood still.  She leant against the wall beside the door and let out a long sigh.  The longer Nancy waited to say thank you to this woman, the more she got nervous.  Nancy - nor the doctors, for that part - didn't have any idea about 'Jane Doe's' real name.  Who was she?

"I don't know how you did it, but somehow you got away with only bruising." The young man in the white coat said calmly, looking at the chart slowly, as if surprised.
 Sky shrugged, grimacing as the gesture aggrivated the bruises. "Guess I'm just lucky. What about Na- the girl I pushed out of the way? Is she alright?"
 "She's fine. She's here to see you, Miss...?" The doctor asked, and Sky had to resist shrugging again.
 "Skyler Michaels." She said absently, glancing around the room. She relaxed when she saw her clothes on a table, then grimaced slightly at the large crack in the left lens on her goggles.
 "I'll let her know you're awake. You know it could have been a lot worse, you know that, right?" The doctor said, thinking that Sky's grimace was at being in hospital.
 "I know." Sky said absently, mind ticking The boss is gonna kill me. Stupid fool. First rule is don't give your life for your chage. Easiest rule in existance, and I broke it. Stupid dumbass

Offline Trekkie WhoLocked Fangirl!

• Name Rater Hater
  • I'm a nerd. And I'm a girl. Anyone got a problem?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2013, 12:52 »
Carter was motioned into a room by a young doctor and he cautiously approached. He stood in the doorway for a couple of seconds before he finally summoned up the courage to knock gently on the door. "Erm...sorry to disturb you Miss...I was told I could visit you now... His voice was soft and showed clear signs of his nerves that were raging through him. He had so many questions to ask, had a massive apology to make and then he had to figure out how he could possibly repay this person's act. All he really wanted to do was to go home and sit alone to get his head around everything that had happened, but he knew he had to stay. "I'm the person you pushed to safety...

Elizabeth smiled as Carter came into the room, but she had a little bit of worry hidden in her eyes, 'How am I going to explain this...' She thought to herslef and sighed, "Have you been seen by as Doctor? You're ok, aren;t you?" She spoke quietly, still slightly disbeliveing that he could see and hear her. It was a little overwhelming
Sherlock & John
Spock & Captain Kirk
Doctor Who & River Song

My OTPs are weird, but they are mine! <3

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Resident Malfunctioning AI / Zombie Fanatic
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Enthusiast for overdone undead creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2013, 09:21 »
"I don't know how you did it, but somehow you got away with only bruising." The young man in the white coat said calmly, looking at the chart slowly, as if surprised.
 Sky shrugged, grimacing as the gesture aggrivated the bruises. "Guess I'm just lucky. What about Na- the girl I pushed out of the way? Is she alright?"
 "She's fine. She's here to see you, Miss...?" The doctor asked, and Sky had to resist shrugging again.
 "Skyler Michaels." She said absently, glancing around the room. She relaxed when she saw her clothes on a table, then grimaced slightly at the large crack in the left lens on her goggles.
 "I'll let her know you're awake. You know it could have been a lot worse, you know that, right?" The doctor said, thinking that Sky's grimace was at being in hospital.
 "I know." Sky said absently, mind ticking The boss is gonna kill me. Stupid fool. First rule is don't give your life for your chage. Easiest rule in existance, and I broke it. Stupid dumbass

After running into the doctor as he exited the room, Nancy was told that she could see the woman now.  She took a deep breath and poked her head around the door.  Yep, she was indeed awake.  Nancy walked in and gave her a small wave.

"Uh, hey," she began, but then a sharp pain stopped her.  She flinched.  Brilliant; left side of her jaw, the same spot where she had been kicked.  It must've turned into a nasty bruise by now; she hadn't seen her reflection yet to check it out for herself.  She looked back and smiled.  "Sorry.  I'm Nancy Lane, the person whose life you saved."

Nancy walked up to the end of the bed.  "Thanks for saving my life, by the way.  Would've been even better if you didn't get squashed instead though.  So, what's the verdict?"
RubyRobin: Would a morph with Grumpig be able to do his swag dancing?
MzLuluZ: BOOOOOOOOOOY, YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE SWAG DANCING YOU WANT!
RubyRobin: Yaaaaaay!!! I shall do Grumpigs swag dance aaaaaaaaaalll day xD
Quote from: The Entertainer
So uhmmmm, you quote yourself huh?
.......not weird at all kiddo :p

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 22:46 »
"So what can I do to repay you Kylar?"

Explain what was going on? Tell him everything was going to be okay regardless of the situation he was in? Both of these were far beyond the girl he'd looked after for the past 16 years, since she couldn't understand what he was going through. Instead he had to think something up on the spot. "Be more careful in future? Next time I might not be there to get you clear." he replied, attempting to be humorous about it but failing. "Well to be honest, I have no idea where I'll be this time tomorrow, let alone if there's a next time..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carter nodded to each of Elizabeth's questions. He was barely able to get any words out as it was, so saving his breath was the best option. He slowly walked towards the end of the bed and leaned on the footboard at the bottom, his eyes not leaving that of his elder. He hesitated for a moment, before finally opening his mouth to speak again. "How did you save me? I never even saw you..."

Offline Sunnii

• Boom shaka laka
  • Sentret Fan
  • Movie Geek (:
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2013, 22:52 »
"No counting on me being safe. I am a complete klutz!" Bliss chuckled in amausement. Anyone who knows her well enough would know that Bliss could easily trip over her two feet if getting too distracted. Only the small smile that was on her face, disappeared and turned into a frown at what the lad said next. "Don't you have anywhere to stay?" Bliss asked shocked before smiling brightly. "Simple, you can come stay at mine. Repaying favour done!"
Pompeii - Bastille <3

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2013, 23:04 »
"No counting on me being safe. I am a complete klutz!"

This was incredibly true, and Kylar knew this all too well. The number of times he'd had to steer Bliss clear of situations or casually nudge something out of her way was beyond count. Nonetheless he'd enjoyed being her guardian due to her relaxed and vibrant nature, something that had kept him drawn to her throughout all of these years.

"Don't you have anywhere to stay? Simple, you can come stay at mine. Repaying favour done!"

This was an unexpected turn of events. But there again maybe Kylar should have seen this coming. He knew all too well that Bliss was one of the most caring people he'd ever had the privilege of meeting, let alone guarding. At first he was going to decline, but then he remembered how stubborn the girl could be and let out a sigh of pre-determined defeat. It's not like he had anywhere else anyway, and he knew all to well that she'd catch him out on that. "...Okay...I won't try to talk you out of it. You're stubborn, and I can tell that already."

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2013, 23:14 »
Elizabeth sighed slightly at Carters question, she had no clue as to how she would answer. Holding the boys gaze she opened her mouth as if to speak, but closed it again and paused to think.
"It is a very, very long and confusing story. I did what I had to... Thats all I can tell you for now. Untill I can explain it better at least." She looked away from her charge and sighed again, "I'm sorry if I startled you, but it had to be done, I couldn't let you get hurt." Elizabeth spoke with something that sounded like desperation, she didn't want Carter to ask questions until she could give him an answer, she needed him to trust her and be happy with the answer she could give him
Sherlock & John
Spock & Captain Kirk
Doctor Who & River Song

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2013, 23:27 »
"It is a very, very long and confusing story. I did what I had to...thats all I can tell you for now. Until I can explain it better at least. I'm sorry if I startled you, but it had to be done, I couldn't let you get hurt."

Carter sighed and nodded. He wasn't happy with the answer, that much was obvious. But he understood that he may not ever understand the reason for her saving him. "Well then...is there anything I can do for you? I don't have many things to offer that can repay you for what you've done, so actions will have to do for now. Anything at all, just name it and I'll do my best."

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2013, 23:35 »
Elizabeth smiled at Carter, "Thank you" She smiled warmly and looked around the small white and blue hospital room, "I could use some company for awhile. I shouldn't be here too long... But you could stay and chat for a bit... If you'd like?" She spoke slowly, carefully almost. She didn't know the rules in this situation, so she tried to tread carefully.
Sherlock & John
Spock & Captain Kirk
Doctor Who & River Song

Offline Sunnii

• Boom shaka laka
  • Sentret Fan
  • Movie Geek (:
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2013, 23:43 »
Bliss grinned as Kylar agreed to staying with her. "Yep I am stubborn. Once I make my mind up I don't change it." The petite girl confirmed with a nod of her head. Then she started to pick at her nail vanish, just as she got into her awkward ways again. Pursing her lips, to a point were she looked like a duck, Bliss looked around the room to see what she could at least try and make conversation about. "So where did you come from? I heard a lady on the street you appeared out of nowhere."
Pompeii - Bastille <3

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2013, 00:26 »
Carter looked at the ground awkwardly. "I...I'm not the best of company. I barely know you. I don't know your interests or anything, and my own interests are a little...outdated I guess. Is there anything in particular that you would like to talk about?" His voice was somewhat undetermined between being excited at talking to this girl who interested him, but nervousness at not knowing what to say.

~~~~~~~~~

"So where did you come from? I heard a lady on the street you appeared out of nowhere."

Now how was he to answer this? He could tell Bliss he'd been following her all her life, but that would make him seem like...what was the word? A stalker? Something like that. No, he had to come up with something again.
"I just happened to be headed across the road myself. I saw you take a step forward and just reacted. Nothing special. The lady probably didn't see me initially just because I keep to myself most of the time. I don't really interact with other people, and just go through life doing what needs to be done. Truth be told, I've never really gotten attention for anything excepting today." His reply was surprisingly elaborate even by his standards, and was actually not too far from the truth at all. "I have to say though, that car was travelling awfully fast..."