Author Topic: [J] The Time Of The Dragons. - [Pa][F][M][Pw]  (Read 12691 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Wolstenholme

[J] The Time Of The Dragons. - [Pa][F][M][Pw]
« on: February 04, 2014, 16:51 »
This RP is based on the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. The general themes, ideas and the region of Alagaesia do not belong to me. Plot is only loosely based on the books.

GOOD GUYS: When you begin the RP, you are at your graduation from Dragon Rider school on the island of Vroengard. You have been initiated into the Dragon Riders of Alegaesia and are now at the after party where the news that a group of the Dragon Riders have turned traitorous and have named themselves The Foresworn. You and your peers (the other graduates) have been asked to take on the Forsworn and capture them.

BAD GUYS: When you begin the RP you and your Dragon have been part of the Dragon Riders for 1 year. You and a group of other graduates from 1 year past have created a traitorous group called the Foresworn, you have denounced the Dragon Riders and what they stand for claiming that those who are worthy of Dragons should not be made to protect the unworthy but should do exactly as you wish. You are now trying to conquer Alegaesia.

(If we do not have enough bad/good guys then we can create random NPCs to fill the room, they won't play as big a part in everything obviously, but will be following us around, taking part in battles etc.)

Alagaesia.

The Dragon Riders are based on the island in the top left corner, Vroengard. The biggest cities in Alagaesia are Uru’baen, Gil’ead, Dras-Leona and the port of Teirm.
Most of the elves live in the forest Du Weldenvarden of which the capital is Ellesmera. The Beor Mountains are inhabited by Dwarves.
All characters begin on Vroengard but can go anywhere as Dragon Riders are above the law.
For scale, when walking it takes about a week to walk all the way around Leona Lake.  If you are riding your Dragon it takes about 2 days to fly all the way around (obviously taking breaks every so often)

Rules and things to note.
Usual PUK Role Play rules apply.
No Godmodding
No power playing
Keep it PG13 – not too violent/sickening.
Romance is allowed but of course no activities of the wrong kind.
Written in 3rd Person.
Do not pester others to post, if I think someone is not posting enough I will notify them.
Note: RP is set in the past, back when things were made out of wood and metal and stone, so
 no "I flipped on the tv, sat on the sofa and waited for the microwave to pop my popcorn"
Posts can be any length but long posts are suggested for pivotal moments whereas shorter posts can be used for conversations or slow moving sections.

Magic, you and your Dragon.
Your Dragon is more similar to a Welsh Dragon than a Chinese Dragon, it is huge, muscular, breathes fire and has wings. (Chinese Dragons are skinny and agile, more like your typical Bearded Dragon from today)
Speech from your Dragon does not need quotation marks, you converse with each other in your minds, non verbally which should be marked by italics. Human to human and human to elf conversation should be in standard form with quotation marks, though.
Both Humans and Dragons can use magic but it drains energy. When Paolini wrote the books he created a new language and spells were said in this. When you use magic create a name for the spell by translating a word to do with that spell into Latin.

Forms
You:
Name:
Age (teenagers. younger characters, NO CHARACTERS UNDER 10, will need to be extremely talented to graduate early. If you are Forsworn you should be slightly older):
Species (Human or Elf?):
Hometown (from map):
Speciality Magic/Knowledge (Are you good at history? Are you a fantastic healer? – There are not many limits to what your character can be good at. This is just a guideline of what your character is exceptionally good at. 5 max.):
Background (Optional – does not have to be tragic):
Personality:
Appearance and clothing:
Sword (All Dragon Riders have a sword made by a skilful elf blacksmith, your sword has a name and will become more powerful and sharp when said. Your sword will have the same colour hilt as your Dragon. Other than your sword you can have one other weapon, or a shield.):
Your Dragon:
Name:
Age (Your Dragon should be 10 years younger than you are. They grow faster.):
Colour:
Personality:
Strength:
Starter Post:

Character List and Reserved Spots
Username - Character - Dragon (Colour)
Chloe_ - Katya - Asael (Ice White)
Chloe_ - Osette - Fyrn (Olive Green)
ShinyBlaziken2000 - Lux - Myrsky (Midnight Blue)
Danatales - Stella - Trezarex (Teal)
Queenie | NM - Karinda - Hrolmir (Steely Gray)
The Macintosh Ninja - Grigori - Xel'lotath (Emerald Green)
Awkward Squirtle - Kamren - Leigarth (Dark Red)

My Form
You:
Name: Katya
Species: Elf
Hometown: Belatona (She was born there but her parents were from Ellesmera)
Speciality Magic/Knowledge: changing of physical appearance, crafting/building, mind reading, mind defending.
Background: Rags to riches, when Asael chose her she was poor. She had a hard time getting along with people to begin with in Dragon Rider School but soon blossomed under the glow of good company and similar situations.
Personality: Katya used to be shy but during School she became a good, confident leader. She treats others with respect and expects respect back. One she is friends with others she adopts a more joking, friendly tone and takes to people quite quickly. She is headstrong and hardy.
Appearance and clothing: She has long pale blonde, wavy hair is usually braided down her back. She has slightly slanted, green eyes and tanned skin. In battle she wears silver armour that covers up a lot of her body, it has white accents on it. Outside of battle she wears blue cotton shirts and unusual, sturdy black trousers and leather boots.
Sword & Other weapons: Sword named Scaro. Ice white hilt. Also carries a bow and arrows.
Your Dragon:
Name: Asael (a-say-ell)
Colour: Bright white
Personality: Asael is not quick to trust and is only really fond of Katya and a select few others from the graduates. He defends Katya and has similar beliefs and goals to Katya. He protects her at all costs. He is not very playful but will occasionally make a joke. He is wise and has a good nose for danger although sometimes he sees danger and battle as a more natural pass-time. He seeks thrills and likes exploration.
Strength: He is a swift flyer and a good hunter.
Starter Post: Crickey! Asael boomed in Katya's mind. What a party! The party in question was the after party of Asael and Katya's Rider School Graduation and they were currently circulating the crowd in the woods while a group of elves played music on pipes and stringed instruments, others sang and drank. There was a huge bonfire and many Dragons circled the perimeter of the clearing. There were other lights in the distance but Katya thought nothing of them.
Suddenly Katya heard someone cry "EVERYONE LISTEN!" and she immediately stopped and turned in the direction of the voice. A Human. Another Rider. He spoke up "OVER THERE, THOSE LIGHTS! A GROUP OF DRAGON RIDERS ARE SETTING FIRE TO DORU AREABA! THEY CALLED THEMSELVES THE FORSWORN AND SAID THAT THEY WOULD NOT SAFEGUARD ALEGAESIA ANY LONGER!!! THEY HAVE DRAGONS!" Katya and all the other party-goers shared a collective gasp. Quick! On my back, now! Asael said, hurriedly. He was already coming her way and soon she was able to run up his leg and sit on his back. She held on and he took off in the direction of the now clearly visible flames that had to be Doru Areaba, huge white wings  beating powerfully.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 20:55 by Chloe_ »

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: [J] The Time Of The Dragons. - [Pa][F][M][Pw]
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 23:57 »
Hm.... After I look through everything some more and I get an idea of what I want to do, I'll make the form. For now, save my spot.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Queeny|NM

• Queen of Xenomorphs
  • Rex Fan
  • Back with a brand new attitude~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 00:00 »
Seriously thinking of applying to this since the inheritance cycle is one of my childhood loves, but just to clarify, how long before or after the main series does this take place?

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 00:04 »
She told me it was before. And goody for me, I only need to know what's in the post she made.

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 06:18 »
Going to join this. I just need to get off the comp now so..

Wolstenholme

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 06:19 »
It's set before the fall of the Dragon Riders i.e. When Brom, Morzan etc. Still had Dragons... Btu they aren't gonna be a part of this... I'm sort of blowing all the characters out the water but keeping the bare bones of the plot.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 00:14 »
Going with an antagonist for once.

Name: Lux (Translate it)
Species: Human
Hometown: Narda
Specialty magic/knowledge: He's a tad above average strong and athletic. Not a half bad healer. Pretty smart. Just all around good. Doesn't shine in one aspect.
History: After Lux was wrongfully kidnapped by those who they called "Dragon Riders" and his parents were killed for their crimes, he escaped and was forced to beg on the streets. Lux never lost sight and worked his way up and somehow got into the Dragon Rider's school.
Personality: Lux is a nice and bright (pun not intended) lad. Very popular among the Dragon Riders, and is mostly very likeable. However, with forsworn comes the sharp dark undertone. When he becomes this person, he's almost like a different person. Lux is then very serious and can be a little violent. Either way, normal or other, he enjoys a little irony and dark humor.
Appearance and clothing: Lux has goldish brown hair with stormy blue eyes that when you look into them, they seem to stare into your soul. He's about 6 foot (2 meters) even and is a healthy weight. Lux's skin is a tanned brown, close to white though. He wears extremely dark blue (midnight blue) armor with silver accents to battle. Outside of battle, Lux wears a pair of sightly worn light colored pants (or trousers, whatever word you prefer) and mid colored (Mid to dark orange, blue, gray, brown, purple.) cotton shirts, and a black leather jacket. Both in battle and outside of it, Lux wears a pair of black leather gloves, the last thing he got from his father.
Sword and other weapons: Sword named Tempest. Midnight blue hilt. Lux also carries a round shield with him.

Dragon's name: Myrsky (Mur-ski)
Color: Midnight Blue
Personality: Myrsky is a dragon who mostly doesn't play nicely with others. He's mostly a loner, only really listening to Lux. Anyone else who tries to command him, well let's just say the last one who tried it was in the hospital wing for a month. Both Myrsky and Lux are in almost perfect sync and would defend each other with their lives. Myrsky is pretty dark and shares sense of humor with his commander. Cool and confident, he'll face danger head on. Break through to the dragon, and he'd die for you.
Strengths: Very able flier. Hard to bring down from the air once he gets going. Very poised and confident.
Starter Post: "Just tell everyone what's going on as soon as you see the lights." one said.

At the party....

Lux was unimpressed. This party wasn't bad, but he'd definitely been to better. Lux walked outside and spoke to his dragon. Let's see if they're ready. Myrsky came out from the shadows, almost unseeable to the untrained eye. Lux got on and flew into the air. The lights were there.

((// are Lux's lone thoughts, not even his dragon can hear these))

//Perfect, they're ready.//

"Let's go." Lux said. Myrsky nodded and flew to the ground. As soon as we touch, get into the shadows. The pair touched down and the midnight blue dragon hid. Lux snuck back into the party and announced, "EVERYONE LISTEN!" he stopped, considering his words carefully. "OVER THERE, THOSE LIGHTS! A GROUP OF DRAGON RIDERS ARE SETTING FIRE TO DORU AREABA! THEY CALLED THEMSELVES THE FORSWORN AND SAID THAT THEY WOULD NOT SAFEGUARD ALEGAESIA ANY LONGER!!! THEY HAVE DRAGONS!"

Mission complete.

Lux smirked to himself as an elf girl ran outside and hop onto an ice white dragon.

"Hah, it was almost too easy." he said to himself.

Other: At night, Lux and Myrsky blend in extremely well. They're almost invisible. They're also part of the Forsworn.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 23:43 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »

Wolstenholme

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 18:35 »
Lux and Myrsky are accepted (I love them!)

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 23:54 »
Thank whatever god these people believe in (if they believe in one). These are my first antagonist characters.

TBH, I thought more people would've joined or reserved by now.

Offline OpalRhea

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 00:10 »
Is it alright if i make two chars?

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 00:25 »
Opal, right on cue.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 00:37 »
That's fine Opal.

I was thinking of giving Katya an antagonist counterpart but he'd be more of a minor character but I might not as Blaze and I have suggested that our two characters are ex-friends.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 02:11 »
Friends now, but ex-friends once he reveals his secret.

Offline OpalRhea

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 02:13 »
Okay so i've got a trio in mind. Female hero, male neutral, and a female antagonist. Which two should i use, or should i write all three?

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 02:15 »
Working on a form. Trying to make sure the history I give my character doesn't contradict the canon background, meaning I have to rely on the wiki's summaries.