Author Topic: Looking for a programmer  (Read 520 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
Looking for a programmer
« on: February 26, 2016, 16:55 »
I have put a video on YouTube about an 8-bit game that doesn't exist.

You can view it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Sa5FyH1ak

I'd like someone to make that game based on the video.

Tell me if you are interested, and I'll give more details.
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a programmer
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 17:31 »
Welp, I'm not much of a programer, but I enjoy helping people with their projects, and I know a bit about programing, so I'd be willing to give it a try if you'd like.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 18:18 »
Mudkip would look like this
there are three power-ups in this game. A muffin which makes you bigger, a flower that allows you to breath fire in a straight line, making mudkip look like this (any enemy that touches the fire is immediately defeated) and a star that gives you invincibility for a short time. All power-ups (except the star) are lost if an enemy touches you. Each world has four levels. (I can except three levels though!) The fourth level of each world is set inside a castle, which the boss at the end awaits you. The boss of the first world is an aggron that walks back and forth, jumping and breathing fire at mudkip. The boss is defeated by jumping over it and grabbing an axe, collapsing the bridge it's standing on and making it fall into the lava below. At the end of each world (except the last one) Nidorina is saved who says "thank you mudkip, but Latias is in another castle"
I'd like there to be at least four worlds (I can except three worlds though!) at the end of the final level, a boss is fought but is unable to be defeated like the previous bosses. You have to jump on it a few times (or kill it with fire) after the boss is defeated, the true final boss is revealed. It's a Sceptile. How it attacks I will leave up to you. But he has to be jumped on a few times to be defeated.
Once Sceptile is defeated, Latias is rescued and says "thank you mudkip" while approaching him. A love heart will appear above her head, then she'll say "your quest is over" they walk to the right, get in a rocket, and fly while the end credits play.

Here are some enemies
Caterpie:
Can only move in one direction. It changes direction if it comes to a wall. Will not change direction If it comes to a pit. Has no special attack. Most common enemy.
Voltorb:
An immobile enemy that explodes if you get too close. Also a common enemy.
Nidorino:
An aggressive enemy that charges at you if it sees you. Less common enemy.
Snorlax:
A large enemy that hovers in the air but falls if you get too close. Only appears in castles and very few other levels.

Need more information? PM for more

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 18:19 »
I know of a website called The Game Creators which may be helpful to you. You could probably use DarkBasic Professional to make your game. You can download it from The Game Creators website.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 20:22 »
I know of a website called The Game Creators which may be helpful to you. You could probably use DarkBasic Professional to make your game. You can download it from The Game Creators website.
I can't download anything cause I'm not allowed. And I'm no good at programming, that's why I'm asking someone else to do it.