Author Topic: The three line "How ya doin'" topic  (Read 97877 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: The three line "How ya doin'" topic
« Reply #300 on: September 18, 2014, 21:27 »
So I voted yes on the referendum!! I'm going to try and stay up to see what happens but I doubt I'll manage lmao

Besides that life is going great right now, I start my job tomorrow. I'm excited but also crapping myself. Sat through my induction all of last weekend and have 8 hours of food safety training this Sun -_-

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #301 on: September 18, 2014, 21:56 »
But food safety is so easy!! Just remember 82 degrees, 0-5, and -18, and you're fine!

Oh, and how to not stab yourself with a knife, those things have to go on record and that's kind of embarrassing...

20 pages of dissertation proof-read in depth, 28 more to go! Now that those corrections have been made, and Holby has been watched, it is time to ply Dragon Age until the boyfriend gets back from work :3
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Wolstenholme

« Reply #302 on: September 18, 2014, 22:56 »
My nick got rated. Decent. Back in business Name Rater, you go Name Rater.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 18, 2014, 23:25 »
 I've been working on my personal statement for ages now  :wacko:

I wanted to revise for sociology but I finish early tomorrow so I'll revise when I get home.

I also wanted to play Sims but I've been trying to get my sleep cycle on track so I'm not messing it up.

I'm also playing with Duolingo, so I'm learning tiny bits of Spanish, which is fun. I can't wait to unlock the flirt phrases.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 19, 2014, 06:13 »
scotland voted no lmao im so disappointed and angry

feels good to continue being working class in britain which is to say it feels good to continue to be ignored by the rest of the country unless its to eff us over more than they already do

we had a chance to change but nah

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #305 on: September 19, 2014, 06:44 »

feels good to continue being working class in britain which is to say it feels good to continue to be ignored by the rest of the country unless its to eff us over more than they already do

This. I just don't understand why when there's been a once in a life time opportunity people haven't taken it??
Come next May all the no voters will be whining because nothing has changed. I hope they all feel happy :)
I'm just so confused that people would still much rather to be governed by a party we never vote for eg the Tories who give 0 craps about what is going on in Scotland. Nothing will change, same every year.
Pretty raging tbh

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 19, 2014, 07:23 »
Hhm.   I sympathise with the yes voters in regard they were hoping to break free from present and possible future Tory influence, or in a wider context, unwanted Westminster policies, I really do.    I have a feeling if I was Scottish and I lived in Scotland I may have been thought about voting yes.  There would be uncertainty but that comes with a potential for change.

If its any comfort, I doubt a 'yes' vote has fallen on deaf ears, 45% of Scotland within a very high voter turn out is enough to suggest there is a deep unhappiness from a lot of people how things are in the UK.  You've been promised new and significant powers how your country is ran and shaped and it would greatly help protect you from policies Scotland doesn't like.  It may not be the result you want, but Scotland is going to have a much stronger degree of self determination than they have had for a long time. 

The whole scaremongering and negativity from both sides has made this campaign quite depressing.  I just hope now regardless of the result Scotland can look foward to a a happy future.

it's too hot.

someone, quick get a Kyroge.

Oh and thanks to whoever did that.  We've had some lovely rain. <3
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:30 by Ledyba »

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 19, 2014, 07:51 »

ngl i honestly thought scotland would do a catalonia and deservedly flee and it'd be the first referendum where the numbers don't magically skew in "thanks a lot you idiots" direction (see also: the tory vote in the last general election, the disappointing AV referendum result, the EU election where UKIP somehow got seats) but ughhhhhhhhhh,
           

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #308 on: September 19, 2014, 08:58 »
i'm actually relieved scotland voted no. although in the future i think they will go independent, i just don't think right now is the right time. i think give it some more time to recover from the recession, widen the economic base a bit more, then it can probably go it alone

also if scotland had left it would have meant labour would have been very unlikely to win the next general election cause scotland is majority labour B:

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #309 on: September 19, 2014, 11:05 »
A lot of businessmen in Scotland are probably relieved at the no vote, with many of them threatening to jump over the border if it did come in. We deal with a guy at a place in Glasgow that voted no, just to save his job, while all his family voted yes.

I hope that the Scottish referendum will make the people of Yorkshire, the West Midlands and the North East want to push for more devolution with in England. I'd definitely be up for that.

I wanted Scotland to vote no in all honesty. 60million+ voices in Europe is more powerful than four.

EDIT: Shouldn't these people who are queuing outside the Bullring to get this new iPhone be at work, or school, or something?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 11:54 by Milsap »
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 19, 2014, 13:10 »
I'm guessing the Yes vote was blocked by old people not wanting change more than anything. Cameron is looking as smug as ever. At least this means Scots can't moan about England anymore, as we can always say that they voted to be our BFF.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #311 on: September 19, 2014, 13:51 »
Cameron is looking as smug as ever.

On the other hand, Salmond's looking so bitter.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 19, 2014, 16:40 »
So I'm having a little lurk on Reddit as a break from job hunting and it's all pirate talk? Not as in the articles but the links ("be commentin'" and "holler"; "scurvy", "topsail"; "be rememberin' me" and "be resettin' yer password"), when did it become this? =S

EDIT: Oh found out why, it's International Talk Like A Pirate Day. Great...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 16:43 by GL. »

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #313 on: September 19, 2014, 17:12 »
Obi farted and oh my god i thought i'd died

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 19, 2014, 17:18 »
YARRRR

GL be remindin' me it's swear like a sailor day talk like a pirate day.