Author Topic: Unique Clothing?  (Read 785 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
Unique Clothing?
« on: November 07, 2013, 16:59 »
So while playing Pokemon Y, I've noticed in the "PPS" Passerby section that some trainers have what looks like unique clothing: one guy had a red military-esque uniform, another person was wearing the black leather jacket and had that green tuft of hair that the punk dudes have. I've seen a girl wearing the black coat and hairstyle of some of the normal trainers (I think the Ace trainers?).  All of them were other players (they had non-standard names, like gibberish).

I'm not too far into the game (going to take on the 3rd Gym in a bit), so I might be missing something. Are there unique outfits that can be bought/unlocked? Is this DLC that people have hacked onto their characters? I can try to get some pictures if anyone needs a visual aid.

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Unique Clothing?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 17:02 »
I think I've heard that people are able to set their PSS icon to some pre-designed icons based on other trainers/gym leaders, but you can't actually acquire the items used in-game. I haven't looked into it though so I dunno if someone else can help you out there.

I do know there aren't any unique outfits or DLC available right now though. Everything in the game can be bought in the boutiques at any point in the game (some on certain days I think), except for one hat you can get in the post-game (if you're a guy, girls get something else I don't remember).
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Xagor

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 19:08 »
You're allowed to set your icon to in game trainers, and I think as your game progresses you get access to more of them (Gym leaders etc). I've been set as the kid in glasses for most of the time I've been using it.

Has resulted in at least one person asking how I got glasses for my character.
3DS Friend Code:1676 3937 3524
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://tcgshiyo.wordpress.com/

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 21:59 »
Well that is a kick in the pants. Here I was hoping for some snazzy outfits endgame.

Well, I've still gots a ways to go before I can buy some new clothing, so I guess there's that. Many thanks for the answers.