Author Topic: Howdy Folks  (Read 1931 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline winterbane

• Warden of the North
  • Psythor Fan
  • Stay frosty.
    • View Profile
Howdy Folks
« on: December 06, 2014, 14:37 »
Howdy! I'm Winterbane, or WB for short. Been going by his handle for... a while now. A loooong while. 9? 10 years now? I used to go by Moogle until I kind of fell out of love with Square Enix (shortly after the "enix" bit came into existence). Somebody or other around here might know me, I used to administrate somewhere else Pokemon related, but then I left. Anyway, I found PKMN.net when Google searching nicknames for Pokemon when I was stumped and unhappy with my current ones, only to be left happy with them after becoming distracted by the resident Name Rater here. Saw the forums and figured hey, these folks seem pretty okay. Might as well join so I can stop living under an online rock.

I've been playing Pokemon since Yellow Version, have played most of the earlier spin-off titles (kind of lost touch with those around the same time as Conquest came out). In Gen III I got into competitive battling with a couple of friends who I lost touch with once I was in high school, and in Gen IV I dabbled online with competitive battling, which I continued into the fifth gen. Sixth gen I slipped a bit with the competitive play, if only due to lack of time to actually raise anything. I however do make liberal use of wonder trade for my random breeding project babies that are less than optimum.

I used to moderate (and then admin) a pokemon roleplaying site, then a text-based Pokemon RPG site (with a lot less roleplaying), and for the past year or so ish I've been effectively off the grid.

What else to know about me, that isn't in my profile... I'm 25, Canadian, like cold weather (but not snow and ice), and my favorite color is blue.

Oh. I do a lot of tabletop roleplaying with my not-Pokemon friends, who are also in general not-Nintendo friends. I play Pathfinder, have played Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 and 4th Ed, still play New World of Darkness (which is my favorite), and currently play a lot of the new Fantasy Flight Star Wars games (currently playing the beta of Force and Destiny with my regular crew.) I'm always up to talk this stuff, it's probably the most fun thing ever that isn't video games (and actually beats a lot of them).

I love science fiction in general, with a few exception, and I work nights, so I'm around all night on my nights off, and awake in the evenings and early mornings in my time zone. I think that just about sums it up! Nice to meet y'all.
There's a horror movie named Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everybody keeps invading you. - The Doctor

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy Folks
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 14:40 »
hey there, you seem like a cool dude. pop on the irc sometime, hit the lil chat button up there. this place is p chill, youll like it here

Offline Neotenens

• Dark-type Poet
  • Rob Fan
  • Happiness is for happy people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 16:29 »
Hoorah! Another Canadian!
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 17:00 »
Echoing the above sentiments.

Welcome to the site Winterbane! Enjoy your stay here :)

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 18:40 »
I am Delicious_Scout, and because of you, I think Canadians are invading us, just like the inverse of South Park. I hope you feel warm and comfortable in this site, and I must say that our chat is not shamrock. I promise.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 19:09 »
Hey, welcome! Nice to meet you! I'm Dragoncat, or Cat for short, or DC, or occasionally Dragon, but not usually around here. I don't really care what you call me. I'm also Canadian, specifically a Newfoundlander.
Oh, if you like role playing, you could check out the role play board. There aren't any open rp's at the moment, but feel free to start one (also I'm planning to start one soon, once I get some free time, so if you want to join that when it happens... yeah.)
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline winterbane

• Warden of the North
  • Psythor Fan
  • Stay frosty.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 21:10 »
Hurrah, more Canadians! I'm pretty sure we're not invading, but to be fair, every one of us is about as awesome as a million Americans, so on that basis, in the context of a Pokemon site, we are flooding the site with awesome. Which I imagine isn't a bad thing.

And a Newfie, too! (Nova Scotian here.) Go maritime provinces! I'm not too big on the roleplaying scene anymore, just haven't done it in a few years and don't much care for it the way I once did. I'll likely spend most of my time with ORAS and X-Y stuff.

Also, I'm pretty sure your chat doesn't like me. It likes to pretend it's loading while I sit and stare for a while. Either that or a plugin isn't up to date and I'm too lazy to fix it.
There's a horror movie named Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everybody keeps invading you. - The Doctor

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 21:29 »
have you tried using a different chat client?  the default mibbit works fine for me so i can't name any good ones but i know there's a good few members who could give you a list and a lowdown of different clients.

and as i haven't done this:  hi! i'm alice and i'm 5'2 and from england, and it's great to have you here etc etc

thanks gl <3

Offline Neotenens

• Dark-type Poet
  • Rob Fan
  • Happiness is for happy people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 21:32 »
to be fair, every one of us is about as awesome as a million Americans,

Agreed. Canada, and her people, are all awesome.

Offline winterbane

• Warden of the North
  • Psythor Fan
  • Stay frosty.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 21:37 »
have you tried using a different chat client?  the default mibbit works fine for me so i can't name any good ones but i know there's a good few members who could give you a list and a lowdown of different clients.

and as i haven't done this:  hi! i'm alice and i'm 5'2 and from england, and it's great to have you here etc etc

I know of a few clients as well, but I don't know the actual channel for the site, which poses a problem. I'll try in a different browser first, and if that doesn't work I'll poke around. Also, thanks for the greeting from across the pond!

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 21:39 »
If you still need it, our channel is #pkmn.net
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 21:43 »
I know of a few clients as well, but I don't know the actual channel for the site, which poses a problem. I'll try in a different browser first, and if that doesn't work I'll poke around. Also, thanks for the greeting from across the pond!

irc.synirc.net is the network and #pkmn.net is the channel =]

welcome back and I hope you stick around =]

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 21:56 »
hi mr canadian

what are your thoughts on marc trestman

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 22:37 »
Hey, welcome to the site WB ^^

I'm Dick, I'm from the Lande of Angles (or England to normal people xD). I'm still baffled by the fact every canadian person I know is like crazy levels of nice, do you just like not have grumpy people xD Anyways, I'm just gonna leave it there because it's like 22:30, so yeah, hope you stick around ^^
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline winterbane

• Warden of the North
  • Psythor Fan
  • Stay frosty.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 23:19 »
Hey, welcome to the site WB ^^

I'm Dick, I'm from the Lande of Angles (or England to normal people xD). I'm still baffled by the fact every canadian person I know is like crazy levels of nice, do you just like not have grumpy people xD Anyways, I'm just gonna leave it there because it's like 22:30, so yeah, hope you stick around ^^

I'm very grumpy for a Canadian, maybe not by other standards, but I do tend to be a bit grumpy. Maybe because I'm always tired? Oh well. At least I'm polite about it!