Author Topic: 'Ello!  (Read 952 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Goombario64

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
'Ello!
« on: December 24, 2014, 02:43 »
[This is where the Mario theme plays and a giant Mario head winks at you]

I can't remember how many of these intro things I've done before, but hello! I came here for a reason that probably a good 90% of people did -- the Windows Pokedex. I haven't gotten to successfully download and extract it yet, but it seems cool.
I'll let my post in the General Welcome Thread do the rest of the talking:

Username: Goombario64
Why did you pick your username?: Goombario is the first partner you can get in Paper Mario. He's also the best (you know that that Multibonk move is unstoppable). This is also my username pretty much everywhere. Odds are, if someone is named "Goombario64," "goombarioguy" (Youtube), or "Goom64" (Super Smash Bros. 4), it's me.
Favorite Pokemon: Lucario -- "You snuck up behind me. That is always a mistake."
Favorite Type: Steel (there really aren't any Fighting-types I like other than Lucario, but I do tend to use Steel-types often -- usually at least one per playthrough)
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: I'm extremely passive; I have a corny, childish sense of humor; and I have a rather overactive imagination. I'm typically a keep-to-myself kind of person, but if you get me talking on a topic I'm really interested in, it can be hard to stop. I'm also one of them grammmer peoples, but I probably won't freak out if someone misuses the three "theres" or anything.
Probably...

Something I didn't mention in that post is that I enjoy writing. I should have some of the story that I'm currently working on posted in the Art section in a few minutes (if your timing is eerily close to when this gets posted, be patient -- it'll be up soon).

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ello!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 02:50 »
Welcome to the site! I go by SB2K, SB2000 or Blaze mostly if you want to know. I'm (obviously) a blaziken guy, but I also love Lucario and Ninetales. Hope you enjoy your time here.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 02:58 »
Hey Goombario, I'm Kpyna (it's a play on my last name, just mentally pronounce it how you think it is), and my real name is Liz. Both are pretty easy to type, so use whichever one you want to. I actually came here for the name rater myself, and that's surprisingly one of our biggest draws!

I hope to see you around -- if you enjoy writing you should definitely check our role playing section out. We're going through a dip in activity in that region, but we've actually recently gotten a lot of new writers on the site, so I'm pretty optimistic for the board :)

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 03:20 »
Hey there! Welcome to PKMN.net! It's pretty easy to figure out my name.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 04:04 »
Hello, and welcome! I'm dragoncat
If, as Liz suggested, you check out the role play board, you'll probably see me there. You should also check out the irc chat. I'm usually there, though I don't talk much, but if you stop by and no one is talking, I'd be happy to chat for a while if I'm around, just say my name (or just say cat, that works too)

Anyway, hope to see you around!
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Goombario64

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 04:11 »
Wow, fast reaction time!
I'm not sure I'd have the time to be active in the RP forum, but I'll defnitely think about it.
As for the story I mentioned: if anyone's interested, it's in the fanfic section, titled, "The Truth About Fictional Worlds." Let me know what you all think!

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 06:02 »
Holy crap!  I just started playing Paper Mario 64 like a week ago, though I've focused my attention on Red Dead Revolver (After beating ToGf and FF13-2) and will return to Paper Mario soon.

Welcome man.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Goombario64

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 19:57 »
That's an odd coincidence...but cool! I think you'll find PM64 to be one you can play over and over, especially if not for any reason but to switch out the Badges you collect for a challenge, or to just screw around with them. I recommend the Speedy Spin Badge.