Poll

What do you think of the comic?

9-10, We came, We saw, We loved!
114 (74%)
7-8, Very nice, awsome Mudfish!
15 (9.7%)
5-6 Eh, It's not that bad, but it's not that good either...
6 (3.9%)
3-4 Um...I, didn't like it...
1 (0.6%)
1-2 ...I...Don't get it...
2 (1.3%)
0 Go back and think of somthing funny!
16 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author Topic: Utack&Swampy Comic, #36 'All good things must come to an end'  (Read 157317 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Pikanyaa

• PUK's number one Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fanatic. Team Sunrise shall shine again in '09
  • Joeno Fan
  • I'm not through with... this site?
    • View Profile
Re: Utack&Swampy comic, Youtube adventure!
« Reply #390 on: January 06, 2008, 02:56 »
I prefer seeing the comics here. Videos usually lower the quality & can be kind of annoying if you can't read at the speed they're showing. Plus videos seem strange w/o music, which your comics wouldn't have.
Or am I?

Offline BlackStatic

• PKMN.NET's official Lyra and Derpy Hooves fan. I'm not really that active on here anymore.
  • Joeno Fan
  • Call me Ayla.
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #391 on: January 06, 2008, 07:29 »
I LUFFS the video idea! But maybe put music in the background. OR, voice the characters! =D

=P

Buizellover1154

« Reply #392 on: January 06, 2008, 07:46 »
I like the music idea, use Smells like teen sprite, scatman, my voice, and Low! =D

Trainer Dave

« Reply #393 on: January 06, 2008, 07:52 »
I think it was a novel idea, but to be honest, making them into videos really isn't practical. Videos take much too long to download from youtube, which means freezing on every other frame.

The time between frames can also be annoying... I don't need 15 seconds to read the shorter ones. I prefer to go at my own pace...

...now if it was more animated... (to make video a real option you need to have more frames... otherwise just use a slideshow.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 06, 2008, 09:44 »
Yeah, another aspect I'd like to mention is the actual quality of the comics. Youtube lowers the quality, so you can't really appreciate them as much.

As some people read at different paces, which is where youtube fails. With a comic, you can read it straight away, while with the frames as slow as they are, it just feels BORING, having to wait that extra seconds, by which time, the funnyness has worn off...=p

I say... !NO YOUTUBE!

*Holds up banner!*
Yes.

Offline Utack and Swampy

• "Generally, anything in the 31-28 range is fantastic, 27-24 is ok, 23-lower is no."
  • Fan Fan
  • Smooth as a Silcoon~
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #395 on: January 06, 2008, 18:48 »
Yeah, I was thinking about these things myself, such as the lower quality, and the constant need for music, and how it takes more time to watch it then it would to just read it.

The voices were an interesting concept, I might try one more with a voice over, but I'm reluctant because it might smash your inner ideas. You know? Like when you're reading a manga or a book and then when the movie version comes out and the voices are so different from in your head your a bit upset over it...I dunno, I'm tottering on the idea.

Thank's to Blake... for the awesome sig!

Trainer Dave

« Reply #396 on: January 06, 2008, 19:03 »
Why not make a video form AND an image form if you have time? That way we can chose what we want... Make a poll asking which people watched/read, then just continue with whatevers most popular...

Voices could quite easily ruin it, yes... =-/

If you really want the youtube thing, just add some more frames (with a bit of movement around) to prevent it from becoming boring and like a slideshow...

Offline Utack and Swampy

• "Generally, anything in the 31-28 range is fantastic, 27-24 is ok, 23-lower is no."
  • Fan Fan
  • Smooth as a Silcoon~
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #397 on: January 06, 2008, 19:58 »
Why not make a video form AND an image form if you have time?

That's mostly why. You all know me, it's takes months before the next comic comes out. Time is never really somthing I have...and I'm lazy 2  ::)

Buizellover1154

« Reply #398 on: January 06, 2008, 20:25 »
^I can probuly make one, I have a movie maker thing, but theres some problems; It would be a slideshow, it would be quiet, and I can't upload these things..

Trainer Dave

« Reply #399 on: January 07, 2008, 16:21 »
In which case it probably isn't worth your time making a video of them anyway... Its better using the shorter, paneled method.

Offline Vagabond

• Do not chase illusions untill you lose sight of reality.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Maybe I play too much
    • View Profile
    • adoption site
« Reply #400 on: January 07, 2008, 22:17 »
lol i think the murkrow is too obvious >.> next time try youtoube or summar o.o but i likes it =p
Totally going to be making my own pics.
Currently preparing my next gen team.
Black fc: 1291-7569-7524

Offline BlackStatic

• PKMN.NET's official Lyra and Derpy Hooves fan. I'm not really that active on here anymore.
  • Joeno Fan
  • Call me Ayla.
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #401 on: January 08, 2008, 05:23 »
Come to think of it, the youtube idea DOES kinda suck. Cos I'd have to view them before lunchtime. That, or at midnight. =P

Darn bandwidth.
And yeah, everyone else's reasons too.

Offline Utack and Swampy

• Fan Fan
  • Smooth as a Silcoon~
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #402 on: January 08, 2008, 05:30 »
After consulting with Swampy, we've decided not to scrap the idea of Youtube completely. Swampy suggested that perhaps we save Youtube for a special occasion, if the time ever comes. So, we'll be going back to the old comic version for the time being, but don't write out youtube just yet.

Offline K-kun: Terror's Advocate

• #130-Gyarados-in the PUK Pokemon Crew. Nick of Plot Twists, Kristian of Tropes, Kyle of Originality, Rob of Character Development; We are the Four Horsemen of Roleplay!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • "Not even death can save you from me..."
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art Page
« Reply #403 on: January 10, 2008, 19:09 »
Murkrow says: Yes, Kyle-kun the Insane approves! XD
This was quite amusing, especially Swampy's stage fright. And you used Naruto music, huzzah!

My post on Youtube

As cool as that is, I agree that just reading it would be better, saving Youtube for special occasions. Just be sure to tell us when you do!

Offline Utack and Swampy

• Fan Fan
  • Smooth as a Silcoon~
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #404 on: January 11, 2008, 05:54 »
Here's Isuue #16, or #1 of Utack&Swampy Chronicals (Series 1.5) I call it, We have fans!?

Well, looks like I'll finnaly get around to answering some of your questions. Best hope they're in that box, otherwise they'll end up in the belly of a Salemence! Question, comments and concerns are delt with by Aggron. Whatcha all think?