Misc > Role Play

Lost in Vinegrym - [J][AD][F]

<< < (6/6)

Kpyna:
((Hey, I believe dragoncat asked me earlier on IRC and I figured I'd let you guys know to not be pressured to write in present tense. I'm just doing it because it makes more sense to me to write it out in present tense.))

The tree was a fairly easy climb, but part of the ease was attributed to how short the tree was. The vision offered from the treetop isn't excellent -- but it's sufficient.

A structure that looks like a sizable wooden boat can be seen along the coast, less than a quarter mile away from the location where Zane found himself stranded, to the east. Otherwise, the beach looks pretty vacant. The forest seems to stretch on for a quite a while, and besides the boat, there's no other signs of civilization nearby.

The Shrub Dragon:
Bryony huffed into the sand one last time and began to use her elbows to hoist herself up.  She looked down and sighed.  Her playsuit was wet and sandy.  Disgusting.  And her feet were soaked to the core with sweat and seawater.  She kicked her Uggs off and discarded them by the shore, happy for the waves to suck them in again.  Once again, the sunlight was too much and she had to shield her eyes to avoid her inevitable burning to a crisp happening too soon.  She was going to die.  She was literally going to die on a gross island and nobody was ever going to find her body, which was awful because she'd really wanted to teach Rory to read.  Terrible, terrible isl-

"I'm gonna see if there's another way to get to that forest up there.  Are you coming?" A not-quite distant voice cut her brooding short, and she leaped up to find it.  She looked around her wildly for the source and was pleased to spy two figures standing in her distant vision.

She barreled down the beach as fast as her chunky little legs would carry her, arm still thrown across her brow and dirty playsuit forgotten in her glee.  "Yes!" she cried, beginning to lose her breath.  "Yes, hello! I'm coming - I'll come; please wait for me!" she panted, stopping just short of the two figures she'd seen.  She braced her hands on her knees and looked up at them, eyes wide.  "Hi," she coughed.

Rooks:
Diana was startled when the other girl came along. She had thought that maybe she and Sparrow were the only survivors because no one else showed any signs of getting up. Still, a third member to their little party was completely welcome. The girl, who was wearing a once adorable play suit, was panting as she stopped running so Diana thought it was only fair to give her a minute to get her breath back before setting off down the beach.
"Well, this way looks good to me," she said, looking at Sparrow and gesturing down the beach to her right where the sand and cliffs curved off. Then looking back at the other girl "Hi, I'm Diana." She felt like adding something funny or clever to the end of that but she didn't know whether the others would appreciate it, considering their situation and that the box that Diana had locked her own emotions in rattled inside her mind, still threatening to burst open. Instead she left her name hanging awkwardly in the air.

kindtocrows:
 Sparrow couldn't help but smile and sort of giggle at the new girls frantic entrance. It was nice to see they and Diana weren't the only ones here. They looked in the direction Diana gestured and replied, "m'kay." They looked back to the new girl. "I'm Sparrow, nice to meet you," they said after Diana introduced herself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version