Author Topic: 6th Gen Pokemon of the Week  (Read 30059 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: 6th Gen Pokemon of the Week
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2014, 17:49 »
but there are (a) few ways to deal with it. One can lure it and use a Rock-Move to take it down, but Rock-Type Moves tend to miss quite a lot, so it could not be as good as expected.

Skill link Cloyster may be able to tank a hit and use rock blast to OHKO.

Ah, and ShinyBlaziken asked me to ask you whether I could sell in my store what I intended to sell you in yours. I am not very comfortable asking this, by the way.

Actually, I only suggested asking. The real person asking is you, Scout. Don't drag me into this. I'm also kinda curious to when he'll open his store again, if he does.

What's so special about - OH MY GOD WHY DIDN'T I DO DIGGERSBY OR LOPUNNY?! FFFFFFF... well I messed up. Forgive me ;-;

It's cool, Rich. Birds that cook themselves are a lot cooler than some stupid rabbit.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2014, 18:20 »
Skill link Cloyster may be able to tank a hit and use rock blast to OHKO.

Actually, I only suggested asking. The real person asking is you, Scout. Don't drag me into this. I'm also kinda curious to when he'll open his store again, if he does.

It's cool, Rich. Birds that cook themselves are a lot cooler than some stupid rabbit.

Cloyster has this ability, but you are not luring Talonflame with a Pokémon that has at least one Super Effective move against it. Furthermore, as far as I see, Cloyster would be heavily injured against that match, rendering it almost dead-weight within its team. Or if it makes the mistake to set-up, then it is dead, since Talonflame would not doubt and kill it; and even if both set up at the same time, Talonflame would just win unless Cloyster had a Focus Sash... and a critical hit in its own favour. Granbull is less obvious, and even Talonflame resists its STAB.

No, you asked me to ask, so I am asking in your name, the one who asked me to intend to ask him so I could ask myself if I could  keep asking myself about asking customers to ask me to ask him to sell those Pokémon... yes, I just messed up...

ASK NICOLE.

And those rabbits have at least two effective sets with multiple slashes, they could deserve some attention, especially now because they were banned from UU some little time ago.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 18:26 by Delicious_Scout »
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2014, 18:29 »
To the above user, here's my direct quote:

Ask Rich about it, he may not mind you selling stuff he does, because he's not running his store now, I think.

Did I ask you to ask him? No. I just said you could ask, it was your decision to ask or not.

Getting back on topic, the self roasting birds was a joke.

@Rich, I use U Turn, Brave Bird, Flare Blitz, and Roost with a Life orb. It's been pretty good so far.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2014, 21:50 »
Not sure what you're asking, but anything I sold in my shop may be re-sold in your shop. I don't mind that at all. My shop is unlikely to re-open, since I have or can get nearly everything I want and don't have much time for breeding anymore.

On topic: I agree somewhat D_C, but it's not a surefire way to deal with it, and if the lure isn't effective you're going to have a rough time dealing with Talonflame. Pursuit TTar can be pretty effective, especially after it already locked itself into a STAB.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2014, 21:54 »
Well Rich, Scout will be delighted to hear that. Also, I may get a choice band for pursuit switches on my friend's Rotom-M who TrickScarf's my Aegislash.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2014, 22:33 »
A tip for Rotom-W - Mega Venusaur stops anything it can do, including Trick, since Mega Stones cannot be removed. It doesn't mind Hydro Pump or Volt Switch, and special variants don't care that much about Will-o-Wisp either. Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Synthesis, HP Fire / Leech Seed. Try it out some time!

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2014, 22:35 »
Good to know. I've just got to breed one now, and hope someone actually uses Rotom W.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2014, 22:43 »
A tip for Rotom-W - Mega Venusaur stops anything it can do, including Trick, since Mega Stones cannot be removed. It doesn't mind Hydro Pump or Volt Switch, and special variants don't care that much about Will-o-Wisp either. Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Synthesis, HP Fire / Leech Seed. Try it out some time!

........A USE FOR MY SHINY BULBASAUR!!!! xD

Anyway, great article as usual, and I know you've already told me the natural gift thing but it's still an awesome trick I wouldn't have thought of ^^

I think the thing stopping Talonflame being banned is not only stealth rock, but also it's mediocre attack (it HAS to boost it somehow) and it's reliance on recoil moves, which very often stop it's sweep early, especially if the opposing team has a pink blob.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2014, 22:52 »
It'll die from recoil against Blissey, sure...but Blissey will also be dead, paving the way for powerful special sweepers. And of course, I don't think Blissey is around that much.

Scary thing is, if it runs fighting type Natural Gift and SD...not gonna end well.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2014, 22:55 »
It'll die from recoil against Blissey, sure...but Blissey will also be dead, paving the way for powerful special sweepers. And of course, I don't think Blissey is around that much.

Sorry, what I'm trying to say is that the likes of Blaziken and MegaLuke could 6-0 sweep with ease after one turn of set up, Talonflame generally kills three things at best before succumbing to recoil, so whilst I do think it is too powerful for OU, I'm saying that I think this may be partially the reason it hasn't been banned as it's not capable of a 6-0 as easily as the things that have been banned.

...that probably made no sense xD
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2014, 23:40 »
^I got it. And Dick kinda has a point. The recoil will screw Talonflame over unless it roosts, when give a setup chance, or a chance to ohko with a powerful stab move with type advantage. Well, unless it has a sitrus berry.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2014, 04:21 »
Healing (/) Wish support can allow it to punch holes into the opposing team multiple times as long as Stealth Rock is on the field. Latias can provide Defog, Dual Screens and Healing wish, which can allow you to weaken counters early in the game, then come in fully restored later and pull off a sweep. Sky Plate SD Talonflame can do this very well, feigning Choice Band early on, then coming in late and pulling off an SD sweep.

It's not that Talonflame is inherently overpowered, it's that we don't currently have enough good Pokemon in the metagame that take his STABs well, so you have to use one of a few counters if you want a serious OU team. It's over-centralizing and annoying.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2014, 20:57 »
Talonflame is actually the third Pokemon I've ever caught and raised myself in one single game up to level 100. The return of the Exp. All made it possible.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2014, 08:31 »
This week I'm covering one of my current favorite Pokemon to use in battling. Conkeldurr is one of the better Fighting types this time around, and Assault Vest has helped it reach this level of popularity. What do you think about Conkeldurr? Can you get over his stupid name and clown nose to even consider using him? Is he a threat to your team, or is he a free switch to your Mega Venusaur? Let me know what you think!

Edit: I didn't include a Bulk Up set because it's impractical in the current metagame. Talonflame's Brave Bird deals upward of 80% after you've used Bulk Up, and it doesn't perform very well in the current metagame. I know it'll be brought up if I don't mention it, so I'm mentioning it. Don't use it.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2014, 18:14 »
You know what's REALLY crazy? This week's Pokemon of the Week on blocked is ALSO Conkeldurr! Weird....
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!