Author Topic: 6th Gen Pokemon of the Week  (Read 30053 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
Re: 6th Gen Pokemon of the Week
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2014, 18:20 »
You know what's REALLY crazy? This week's Pokemon of the Week on blocked is ALSO Conkeldurr! Weird....

You know what is really, really insaiyan? That in blocked Assault Vest is a secondary option, saying that Conkeldurr would be unable to use the guts set.

And Richard is laughing out loud right now…
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 18:58 by Delicious_Scout »
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2014, 18:34 »
Very true. It could still be hit by Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, and even Thunder Wave while holding an Assault Vest. Guts STILL would be activated by then.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2014, 18:46 »
blocked's POTW pales in comparison, honestly. They said that the punches are actually illegal as it is...which is actually untrue O.o
Iron Fist SubPunch didn't get much of a mention on that one either (and it's fantastic actually, I've used it before).

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2014, 18:59 »
blocked's POTW pales in comparison, honestly. They said that the punches are actually illegal as it is...which is actually untrue O.o
Iron Fist SubPunch didn't get much of a mention on that one either (and it's fantastic actually, I've used it before).

I beg to disagree up to some point. The reason why I am not using Conkeldurr in X/Y is because I can not access to the move tutors; hence, Conkeldurr has less mvoes than Flareon. A transfer is required, and perfect Pokémon from there -withouth RNG abusing- are darn hard to get.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2014, 19:54 »
I run the conk with SheerOrb, yet the LO damage isn't negated. I was told the orb damage wouldn't happen. Why is that?
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2014, 19:55 »
Because Drain Punch does not have a secondary effect; hence, the damage is not negated. The only thing whose damage you are negating are the elemental punches and few things more.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2014, 20:39 »
Well... this was an odd coincidence. Thanks for all the praise, guys! I put a lot of work and research into this, and I guess it shows! I don't really read blocked's PotW very often, but as we posted the same one I gave their's a read... how they could think that AV Conk isn't the standard set is a bit baffling, and not even giving it a set is silly. LO Sheer Force is an option that I forgot to mention, in all honesty. I don't think it's bad, but it's also susceptible to Burn and its STAB doesn't take advantage of it, and Knock Off is too good to not use on Conk, so... it's just not really worth it, imo. Rock Slide isn't overly useful when Talonflame is OHKOing you before you can use it.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2014, 21:03 »
Because Drain Punch does not have a secondary effect; hence, the damage is not negated. The only thing whose damage you are negating are the elemental punches and few things more.

It's supposed to negate the damage from LO, then deal extra with the ability.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2014, 21:07 »
Sheer Force doesn't effect moves with draining effects

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2014, 21:24 »
Yeah, sheer force negates LO recoil IF a secondary effect is present. Healing, like recoil, is a PRIMARY effect and so isn't counted.

On a more on topic note, I've already told you what I think of the article, Richard, but yeah, it's good as usual, especially as I'd never really used Conkeldurr before because, as you said in your 'my thoughts' section it's an ugly clown thing, but now I might see about using it at some point... Maybe next time I need a knock off-er I'll try it.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2014, 21:29 »
I am still not convinced of Conkeldurr. Both with and without predictions, it dies too quickly in my hands and does not do what I expect it to do. Moreover, I do not have any 5th GEN game, so I can not have an Ice Punch one.

Of course, that implies I can deal with it by myself as well, and Tangrowth does this pretty well, as well as Gyarados, and suicide users.

But... NO WAY! Conkeldurr is a very good Pokémon! Use it!

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2014, 21:30 »
Yeah, sheer force negates LO recoil IF a secondary effect is present. Healing, like recoil, is a PRIMARY effect and so isn't counted.

Oh... Oh! Ok, thanks for explaining that.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2014, 21:46 »
Thanks Dick! Yeah, Conk is best used on Bulky Offense teams with Wish support, which is why it works so well for me, but it wouldn't do too well in stall or hyper offense, since it doesn't have a reliable healing method and isn't fast enough for hyper offense. It depends on what kind of team you're using and your playstyle. :)

Also, a small note here, I've gone back and added base stats to every 6th Gen PotW article and will be adding them to all future articles as well, since they're just handy to know right off the bat when you're reading about a Pokemon.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2014, 07:25 »
After realizing that I hadn't talked about any of the good Fairy types in OU, this week's focus is Azumarill!

What do you think about Azumarill? Is Water/Fairy type troublesome for your team, or do you pack one of Azumarill's hard counters? Is Mega Venusaur too big an issue for Azumarill to be used in the current metagame? Is Belly Drum even worth it? Let me know what you think!

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2014, 09:13 »
I'm not sure if this is worth noting anywhere, but with 244 Speed EVs, adamant Azumarill outspeeds 0 Speed Modest Venusaur, which especially on BellyJet let it deal with it much more effectively. Also, BellyJet OHKOs Venusaur with Play Rough on the switch, and has around 40% chance to OHKO mega Venusaur after rocks. So basically running 244+ Speed EVs pretty much nullifies Venusaur being a counter, as they can't switch into Aqua Jet followed by Play Rough after BD, and can barely switch into Belly Drum followed by play rough, and can't always if SR is up.

Not saying 244 speed EVs should be standard or anything because for the most part it prefers the bulk, and Rotom-W is often a bigger problem, but if you're using BellyJet there's not much you can do to stop Rotom-W anyway, sooooo...
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝