Author Topic: IRC - Chatroom for all! Anyone who is new to the forums - please read!  (Read 4790 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Hiya everyone,

Just my annual plug for the IRC - in other words, internet relay chat.  Where you can chat to members on the forum!  Here's a quick link and this thread has a few more instructions if you're feeling adventurous..

A few things;

Don't disconnect/reconnect spam.  Once you have the window open, keep the window open; use a different tab for browsing.
Follow the rules.

STAY IN CHAT EVEN IF ITS EMPTY!  WITHIN AN HOUR SOMEONE ELSE WILL JOIN AND YALL CAN TALK!  IF RAVEN IS ONLINE ALERT ME (BY SAYING RAVEN) AND HOPEFULLY I WILL COME ON!  If I don't I'm AFK.  BUT for activity, you must be patient and willing to wait for someone else to come in, otherwise no chat will ever happen.

And I ESPECIALLY recommend coming in if you're new which is why I posted it here!  Then you can get to know me, know the history of the forum, and talk to some of the older people who may lurk around there.  I'll try my best to pitch it to people who are on skype but never IRC though, but a lot of us are getting old and busy - this is why you new people have to start filling the void!  You are the future!

Thank you in advance,

Raven
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:50 by Lord Raven »
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
ive tried keeping it open, but after not opening the tab for awhile it takes me back to the input name  screen.. is there a way around that? (haha I think the disconnect/reconnect spam may have been aimed at me whoops)

Offline Diamond Geezer

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
I'll be trying to use it a fair bit now, hopefully we can rebuild a great community in the chat like in the past.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
I'll be popping in more then, it's pretty nice talking in there actually ^^

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
We've got a solid turnout at the moment, been a good evening in the chat =]

great job Muhed and great job everyone who's come in tonight

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
I pop in every once in a while. Raven and I once had a decent conversation going with a couple others. I'm gonna try and get Kay in there, I want to swap FC's with her and her inbox is full.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Yeah.  My next few weeks (read:  potentially 7) are packed so I'm hoping everyone can try to do this without me to be honest.

Quick update on life:  cousin graduated high school today, went there and did some other stuff.  Tomorrow I'll be on and off, getting stuff for a grad party on Friday (MY grad party!) then Saturday I'm doing grad party stuff.  Sunday is up in the air, Monday/Tuesday I have no idea what's going on, hopefully nothing.  After that, I'm busy the majority of the days (and if I'm not busy I'm dead tired) but I'll try my best to pop in.

I *will* annoyingly prod people to come in, though.  I was very VERY active with this around 6-7 years back and chat used to have 20-30 people at peak times, and around 10 when it was like 11pm EST.  I want to build that again, and I believe that can help us create a more active forum if you remain patient.

ive tried keeping it open, but after not opening the tab for awhile it takes me back to the input name  screen.. is there a way around that? (haha I think the disconnect/reconnect spam may have been aimed at me whoops)
Screenshots please?  I think you should try and get a client if the chat disconnects you or something every so often due to inactivity.  I've never actually heard of that.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 23:33 by Lord Raven »

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Screenshots please?  I think you should try and get a client if the chat disconnects you or something every so often due to inactivity.  I've never actually heard of that.

Mine does it too - not sure how to go about screen shotting it because there's no obvious thing to screenshot (as in, I go on another tab, after ~5 minutes I'll check back and my page will refresh)
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
The past few days the amount of people in the chat had been the best for a long time, it's great to see the chat grow so well.

It'd be awesome if that growth continue, doesn't matter how long you've been on the site, everyone's welcome to hang out and chat. You'll be missing out on some fun if you don't =]

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Mine does it too - not sure how to go about screen shotting it because there's no obvious thing to screenshot (as in, I go on another tab, after ~5 minutes I'll check back and my page will refresh)
Hmm.  Try getting a client then; mIRC has a million tutorials and hexchat is extremely effective and easy to use.  That way you don't accidentally mess it up with your browser or browser settings or something.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Hmm.  Try getting a client then; mIRC has a million tutorials and hexchat is extremely effective and easy to use.  That way you don't accidentally mess it up with your browser or browser settings or something.

I'd also recommend Hexchat, works really nicely and it's customisable too.

If you're using it via iPad or mobile or whatnot look into some IRC apps too since that might work better =]

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Hi everyone,

Just an update - I've made Del a halfop in chat because he's there often and I'm not going to be there as often.  Hopefully in the weeks to come he'll learn the ways of the trigger finger.

Fun(ny) fact for everyone - there used to be a script that made a count of how much Rex kicked me or something ridiculous.  It definitely hit into the 300s.  Now, I'm chat owner!  Ha!  #startedfromthebottom #nowwehere

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
going up in the world, i won't let you down team
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Hey, when I try to chat on our site channel, I type something in press send and it says: Cannot send to channel: #pkmn.net

Can I have some help fixing this?
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Hey, when I try to chat on our site channel, I type something in press send and it says: Cannot send to channel: #pkmn.net

Can I have some help fixing this?

You're typing in colour, aren't you? Raven disabled colours
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝