Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 283988 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #630 on: December 20, 2007, 20:44 »
Well they should. I believe in the history in the show, only 1 companion has ever died

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline The Penguin Vampire

• Hello there :)
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
    • My facebook, thats if you wish to know me more
« Reply #631 on: December 21, 2007, 18:37 »
it would have been better if he went to save her but his transport machine didn't work to get him BACK so they both got sucked in  :tongue2:
"If too live, we have to be numb, I'd rather know the pain, I'd rather know"
"We are made Imperfect and we must guard against our flaws lest they destroy us"

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 22, 2007, 09:20 »
That did seem rather unrealistic... Firstly, how would he have known that she was going into the void, when he was in the parallel universe...And secondly, he would have been pushed into the void before he had time to catch her...

But they wouldn't kill a main character off... =p

I don't think he did, I think he just went through to get her for Jackie and then it was like "Whoaaa!"

And, things were sucked into the void if they'd travelled extensively between the universes, and got soaked in void stuff. He'd only been through a couple of times and not spent much time in any universe other than his own. So there wasn't so much pull on him.
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #633 on: December 22, 2007, 13:39 »
But what about Rose? shouldn't she not have been pulled in so fast? If I recall, the total void journeys go as such (before the void being opened)...

Rose:
Rise of the Cybermen/Age Of Steel: Went into Parallel universe via the void and back
                                                   into 'our' universe by the void too.
Army Of Ghosts/Doomsday: Was transported with parallel Pete through the void,
                                       then transported back again
Total void journeys for Rose A.V.O (Avant Void Opening) : 4

Pete (Parallel):
Army of Ghosts/Doomsday: Transported with the Doctor to our universe.
                                       Transported back with Rose.
                                       Transported back to yoink Rose.
Total void journeys for Pete A.V.O: 3

Of course, things are subjected to length of travel through the void (time-wise) and any previous Journeys Pete might've been on before. But again, these are my speculations, feel free to improve/add anything onto them.

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 22, 2007, 14:28 »
Guys

GUYS

...I know why Pete wasn't sucked into the void.

IRON BOOTZ

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #635 on: December 22, 2007, 17:03 »
Erm, as far as I know. David Tennant won't be leaving the show anytime soon. His regenartion are just false rumors. And I don't think the Dalek will return this series...well I hope not anyway...

Maybe Cybermen will be involved when Rose returns...
Yeah, David said that Cath had gone up omn some show and said he was leaving for a joke... DAVID MUST NOT LEAVE!!!!

any other girls think he is hot?... XD

Danse_Maxavarious

« Reply #636 on: December 22, 2007, 19:33 »
That did seem rather unrealistic... Firstly, how would he have known that she was going into the void, when he was in the parallel universe...And secondly, he would have been pushed into the void before he had time to catch her...

But they wouldn't kill a main character off... =p

It wouldn't be the first time they killed off a companion, I've only seen one die myself - but a little research shows:
Katarina+
Sara Kingdom+
Adric+
Kamelion+

I think it was Sara that I saw die. The Doctor (T Baker) was powerless to save her. Now we know there is a set prescedent for companions dying... Rose next!!

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 22, 2007, 20:09 »
Who knows... maybe the Doctor is about to get shot...until Rose runs in, and dies. So she's only shown alive for 10 seconds.  :tongue2:
Yes.

Danse_Maxavarious

« Reply #638 on: December 24, 2007, 23:14 »
Who knows... maybe the Doctor is about to get shot...until Rose runs in, and dies. So she's only shown alive for 10 seconds.  :tongue2:

Perhaps she gets stuck onto a conveyor belt, and an alien plays 'duck hunt' with her as she gets shot to peices dying slowly....

Actually I don't dislike her JUST the fact that she's making a return. I hope that they make a really good storyline for her coming back - but it's such a great opportunity to add an extra dimension into the currently 'romance' drowned atmosphere of the show.
Posted on: December 22, 2007, 20:14
Just one more day until we get to see Doctor Who on the new Space Titanic (saves Eccleston's Doctor running into Tennants I guess).

Who out there is excited? Ah, asteroids... the icebergs of the sky!!

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 25, 2007, 10:44 »
6:50pm, people, don't forget to watch!

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 25, 2007, 12:21 »
Oh, I couldn't possibly forget!
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 25, 2007, 20:21 »
Mixed feelings about that episode.

It all seemed a bit... random o.o Like, why go through the malarky of the asteroid shower when Capricorn could just turn it all off from his little buggy? Why kill off "witnesses" when they'd all surely die? And why was the Doctor suddenly the highest authority when the Hosts knew he was a stowaway, surely they'd follow orders from the only sailor left?

It was all a bit perfect, too. "I used to heat from the reentry to restart the engines." Pffffft.

It was jolly lucky that Balawhatshisface was able to output an electromagnetic wave to shortcircuit the Hosts like that.

Seems the Astrid - Tardis thing was just a red herring then?

It had its good points though. Like Astrid standing on the medic pack to kiss the Doctor, that was just aww xD I did cry at the ending. Although again, the thing about the teleport bracelets made little sense to me.

All the nods to The Titanic story were good... like the couple standing on deck to admire the pretty meteor showe.

Best part was that quote from Mr Coppering [or whatever his name was]:
If you could choose who lived and who died, you'd be a monster.

Liked that.

Yeah... meh episode.

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #642 on: December 25, 2007, 20:23 »
Pretty good Xmas special. Some good moments and good evil robots (Information, KILL). An improvement over last year! =D

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 25, 2007, 23:08 »
My favourite Christmas special so far.

I absolutely loved Astrid. And Mr Copper!

Ten was on top form as well, I loved the bit where the Host lifted him up.

Midshipman Frame was cool too, as well as the Captain, though as Geoffrey Palmer's one of my favourite actors, would've been nice to see more of him. And of Bernard Cribbins (the old chap in London).

Storyline-wise, of course it was a bit 'oh how lucky', but it's a Christmas special, it's meant to be a bit jokey. The Queen! She was great.

I loved the Astrid becoming atoms and stardust and stuff... Very His Dark Materials.

I'll give it... 8/10?

Oh wait..

"Allons-y, Alonso!"

Make that 9/10!

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 25, 2007, 23:21 »
That sucked.

The preview for season 4 was the best thing about it. Woot for the Sontaran Leader appearing at the end of it!

The Queen! She was great.

The queen sucks.

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE