Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 283743 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Voltorb2005

• I need anger management! ARRRRRGGGHHH! *Breaks your computer in half*
  • Joeno Fan
  • Sooo.... Bored....
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #675 on: January 04, 2008, 23:08 »
Well, I just be happy to see Davros, and what the writers of today can do with him to make him a real baddie.

Afterall, the last Davros story involved him taking over a school from what I ve heard... 0.o
It was the first doctor's granddaughter's school.

Anyway, I'm not really bothered about Davros. I much prefer the original idea that they were green blobs and turned themselves into Daleks after the nuclear war with the Thals on Skaro. (a bit like the cybermen on Mondas) I did think it was funny though that the doctor kept freezing him all the time.

Does anyone know if the Cybermen are coming back at all?

Name: Charmander
I luv voltorbs!

Offline Danse Macabre ( 6,6)

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 04, 2008, 23:23 »
It was the first doctor's granddaughter's school.

Anyway, I'm not really bothered about Davros. I much prefer the original idea that they were green blobs and turned themselves into Daleks after the nuclear war with the Thals on Skaro. (a bit like the cybermen on Mondas) I did think it was funny though that the doctor kept freezing him all the time.

The Cybermen will definitely be back.. but not necessarily this series!  ;)

I personally prefer the Daleks being genetically modified kaleds, turned into war machine's by a crazed genius.. it adds more of a personal touch to the story as that's much more likely to happen on our planet. Plus Davros is an interesting character in his own right - incredibly old & intelligent, much like the Doctor BUT he hasn't remained young.

It's not too often someone matches the Doctor intelligence wise (obviously the Master does) & it's great to see the Doctor caught off guard too.
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #677 on: January 04, 2008, 23:46 »
In reference to the Thal/Kaled nuclear war discussion, Isn't it a melding of the two?
Lest we not forget, that the Kaleds would eventually evolve into the blobs we know and love fear. Ergo, they had their chief scientists, led by Davros, design support machines for the eventual Kaled populous. Unfortunately Davros was completely crackers, and felt that these new Kaleds [read, Daleks] would be the supreme beings of the universe, hence the weaponry and such. Heck, he was so mad that he condemned most of his race to death by revealing to the Thals the code to break down the Kaled Dome's sheild, thus allowing the Thals to win.
But then Davros went and sent some Daleks round to exterminate most of the Thal population. Nice guy.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 09, 2008, 20:54 »
William Hartnell, otherwise known as the First Doctor turned 100 years old yesterday... So I wish him a very happy Birthday... =]
Yes.

Offline BYRON

• MINE IS THE SHOVEL WHICH SHALL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I HAVE NO INDOOR VOICE!!
    • View Profile
    • I HAVE PRETTY PICTURES!!
« Reply #679 on: January 10, 2008, 05:29 »

Well, there happens to be quite a lot of them floating around in the void between the worlds. So I guess if Davros (or the last Dalek) want more Daleks, they'd suck them out of the void and possibly some Cybermen would come as well.
I'm #409 Rampardos in the PUK Pokemon crew!

Quote from: Dracon, on the 2007 Transformers movie
"LOLZ WE NEEDS TEH CYUBE TO TRANFORM ERTH TECHNOLOGY INTO SUPAR ROBAOTS AND TAKE OVER TEH UNIVERSE, KAY?"

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #680 on: March 02, 2008, 21:26 »
Well, shouldnt be too long before Season 4 now! =D

Seems the Davros rumor keeps getting more and more likely. Apparently, it was reported a Series 4 Action Figure was being produced... o.o

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Voltorb2005

• I need anger management! ARRRRRGGGHHH! *Breaks your computer in half*
  • Joeno Fan
  • Sooo.... Bored....
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 02, 2008, 21:37 »
Well, there happens to be quite a lot of them floating around in the void between the worlds. So I guess if Davros (or the last Dalek) want more Daleks, they'd suck them out of the void and possibly some Cybermen would come as well.
Dont forget, that the cybermen arent just from the parallel earth. Thats only a tiny part of their history. I really want the ones from mondas to come back. That legacy rocked, wheras the parralel earth one kinda sucked. And their is a great possiblity there is some left in the ordinary universe because if their planet travelled across the universe, who knows where they may have gone too and took over. So its not impossible for Russel T Davies to bring them back and how can anyone just dump what storylines have become a major part of dr who's legacy? Its like dumping skaro from the daleks.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 21:40 by Voltorb2005 »

Name: Charmander
I luv voltorbs!

Offline BYRON

• MINE IS THE SHOVEL WHICH SHALL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I HAVE NO INDOOR VOICE!!
    • View Profile
    • I HAVE PRETTY PICTURES!!
« Reply #682 on: March 03, 2008, 07:55 »
Dont forget, that the cybermen arent just from the parallel earth. Thats only a tiny part of their history. I really want the ones from mondas to come back. That legacy rocked, wheras the parralel earth one kinda sucked. And their is a great possiblity there is some left in the ordinary universe because if their planet travelled across the universe, who knows where they may have gone too and took over. So its not impossible for Russel T Davies to bring them back and how can anyone just dump what storylines have become a major part of dr who's legacy? Its like dumping skaro from the daleks.

I did know that the Cybermen are from Mondas (or Telos, after Mondas went 'splodey), and considering that Van Statten had the head of one of the old Cybermen (in 'Dalek'), they could introduce the our-universe Cybermen. I hope that if they do, they give them more changes than simply spraying them black or something.

I liked the parallel earth origin better, because the Cybermen from there were better than what the classic!Cybermen were, IMO. Yes, 'YOU WILL BE DELETED' was a blah catchphrase, but they were better at giving the impression of an army assimilating everything in its path than the originals were.

On the subject of Davros, it's practically a given that he'll be coming back-he's basically the last one-man-villain (besides the Rani and probably a bunch of others I forgot) that they can resurrect. Plus, there's only one Dalek left in the entire universe (parallel=universe may have some, though), so Davros would be a handy way for them to make more (and thus keep bringing them back in every season ever).

What I'm curious about is how they'll work the Sontarans in in a way so that people recognise them and that they don't seem to be completely random aliens, because despite their status as the third-most popular DW villains of all time, I don't think they're as iconic or memorable as, say, the Daleks or the Master.
I'm #409 Rampardos in the PUK Pokemon crew!

Quote from: Dracon, on the 2007 Transformers movie
"LOLZ WE NEEDS TEH CYUBE TO TRANFORM ERTH TECHNOLOGY INTO SUPAR ROBAOTS AND TAKE OVER TEH UNIVERSE, KAY?"

Offline French Salamence

• He's coming back.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm Dracula!
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 21, 2008, 12:04 »
I have last episode news!!!!!

In the final episode, Davros will return and also will, Captain Jack, Sarah Jane, Rose Tyler and Jackie Tyler. This is bit of a spoiler but THE DOCTOR IS EXTERMINATED!!!!!!!!
Here are some episode names

1.Partners in Crime
2.Fires of Pompeii
3.Planet of the Ood
4.Sontaran Stratagem
8.Silence in The Libary(This is the Steven Moffat's story, the award winning writer who wrote Empy Child/Doctor Dances, Girl in the Fireplace and Blink
10.Midnight

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 21, 2008, 12:30 »
This is bit of a spoiler but THE DOCTOR IS EXTERMINATED!!!!!!!!

And flying pigs take over the earth :P...

The Doctor won't get killed in this series finale. David Tennant is still signed on for some Doctor Who specials next year.

Oh, and the new series starts 5th April. Can't wait!
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline French Salamence

• He's coming back.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm Dracula!
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 21, 2008, 12:34 »
He is zapped by a dalek. Dunno ,but maybe Doctor Who kept something under their belt for once.

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 21, 2008, 13:51 »
He is zapped by a dalek. Dunno ,but maybe Doctor Who kept something under their belt for once.

Can you actually prove it? Its not been aired yet, so I don't see how you could know something like.
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline French Salamence

• He's coming back.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm Dracula!
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 21, 2008, 14:46 »
It's just been filmed in Cardiff

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #688 on: March 21, 2008, 16:44 »
And you do relise something like that would be kept VERY top serect.

It's just been filmed in Cardiff
We wanted a source, not an obvious statement. :P

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline LB

• Norwegian Wood
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Tournée du Chat Noir
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 21, 2008, 20:35 »
Well, in 15 days season 4 will have started!

And, all that's pretty old news.

Except the Doctor being exterminated... if that's anywhere, I imagine it's an unverified Sun story.

Haven't seen it around on Outpost Gallifrey, and they're usually pretty up to date on the latest confirmed news.
"It occurred to me that this was what you might get if Walt Disney did an animated version of a Munch painting."

"It seemed to me that the longest imaginable distance separated irregular German verb forms from this kitchen table."