Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 284320 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline The Librarian

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1140 on: July 01, 2008, 09:57 »
When did she die?

I think he's referring to when she 'died' in the series 2 finale.

After the Battle of Canary Wharf she couldn't be found anywhere, no body, no trace of her since she was trapped in the parallel universe, thus she was declared officially dead.
"SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR THE SHEER FASCINATION OF DOING IT, said Death. OR FOR FAME. OR BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T."

Offline Danse Macabre ( 6,6)

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 01, 2008, 13:35 »

After the Battle of Canary Wharf she couldn't be found anywhere, no body, no trace of her since she was trapped in the parallel universe, thus she was declared officially dead.

Yup, sorry - for people that haven't been watching since season 1 - in season 2 there were numerous referances to Rose dying - but in the end it was a trick and Rose was infact declared ded on our Earth after being trapped in parralel Earth.

I doubt that RTD would try the same cheesy trick twice - but neither would I put it past him to save Donna from her 'fate' with some sill play on words.. or as someone put it earlier an "ass-pulling" trick.
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #1142 on: July 01, 2008, 18:37 »

That's twice I ve been robbed of her death. ><

Maybe this week? :3

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline French Salamence

• He's coming back.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm Dracula!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 01, 2008, 20:24 »
I think Donna and Rose will die. I don't know, something about Rose makes me think she'll die. Best episode ever, 9.99999999/10 RTD has brought Davros back properly and like he was. But did we expect the regenaration?

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 01, 2008, 21:15 »
Best episode ever, 9.99999999/10 RTD has brought Davros back properly and like he was. But did we expect the regenaration?

Actually.. I prefer 'Silence in the Library' and it's fellow episode... although the episode just gone is much more epic in scale, so far it's most distinguishing features have been bringing back old enemies, bringing back old allies and uhm.. bringing back an arch nemesis. Other than that there is some really good acting from Tennant.

The real test is the next hour long episode - with all of the cast now in place the actual STORYTELLING can start. Oh.. and we get to gind out what happens to the Doctor.
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline President Hawkeye

• Capital: Goldenrod City --- Population: 441 --- Pkmn Species: 100 --- Stunningly beautiful and culturally diverse. This is Johto.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Јοђτσ шιίί αίшαγξ βε мγ τґμε һσмε.
    • View Profile
    • Tohjo Falls - Pokémon Blogging
« Reply #1145 on: July 01, 2008, 21:18 »
4 days on... I'm still on the edge of my seat.

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 01, 2008, 21:22 »
4 days on... I'm still on the edge of my seat.

Lucky you - the Doctor spent the last few minutes of the episode on the floor...  ;)

Offline French Salamence

• He's coming back.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm Dracula!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 01, 2008, 21:51 »
I have last episode news!!!!!

In the final episode, Davros will return and also will, Captain Jack, Sarah Jane, Rose Tyler and Jackie Tyler. This is bit of a spoiler but THE DOCTOR IS EXTERMINATED!!!!!!!!
Here are some episode names

1.Partners in Crime
2.Fires of Pompeii
3.Planet of the Ood
4.Sontaran Stratagem
8.Silence in The Libary(This is the Steven Moffat's story, the award winning writer who wrote Empy Child/Doctor Dances, Girl in the Fireplace and Blink
10.Midnight

I said the Doctor was going to be exterminated!

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 01, 2008, 22:08 »
what if (and just a guess) the Dalek was was set to stun  XP XP XP  It's worth hoping for =D

One second.. I've just read that.. since when do the ultimate pitiless machines of death have a stun setting? Do they activate it by sitting on cushions drinking tea? *lol*

I said the Doctor was going to be exterminated!

Well, you were mostly right actually - good going. Though it has already been admitted that the return of Davros was the least well kept secret of Doctor Who.

I've been reading the Radio Times special on Davros & was quite amused at the efforts they took to keep him secret, such as calling him DAVE. DAVE ROSS. Yup.. real secret!

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 02, 2008, 17:21 »
Dave is a much better name for a crippled insane genius. 

On a rather unrelated note... did anyone else notice that when Harriet Jones was sending out the sub-wave network... the beeping, when Rose was with Donna's family, when the signal was arriving was in the same four-note rhythm as the Master's drumming? 

Little random details tied together for a grand finale, I suppose s: 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 02, 2008, 17:38 »
On a rather unrelated note... did anyone else notice that when Harriet Jones was sending out the sub-wave network... the beeping, when Rose was with Donna's family, when the signal was arriving was in the same four-note rhythm as the Master's drumming? 
I noticed that too, and started tapping as well. I was sure there wasn't a connection, but maybe it's just something that was used in general... Not sure...
Yes.

pokeguru V2

« Reply #1151 on: July 02, 2008, 17:48 »
One second.. I've just read that.. since when do the ultimate pitiless machines of death have a stun setting? Do they activate it by sitting on cushions drinking tea? *lol*

I have looked into the Dalek survival guide I have found that there is a stun. It just that it's so rare for a dalek to have their gun on stun that it was thought that they didn't have it.

It's a nice book. made in the 90's and It's still usful, even though some of the data is now redundant.

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 02, 2008, 17:51 »
I noticed that too, and started tapping as well. I was sure there wasn't a connection, but maybe it's just something that was used in general... Not sure...

Hm.. I wasn't sure.. I wouldn't have mentioned it, only I remembered that in "The Sound Of Drums", the bomb on Martha's TV beeped in the same pattern and sounded just like it. 

Then again, so does my alarm clock, which probably explains why I liked the Master so much. 
DEAR LORD THE BRAINWASHING D8 

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 17:59 by Crimson Soldier Caterpillar »

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1153 on: July 02, 2008, 18:25 »
My mum has a theory about his regeneration: Coz the Medusa Cascade is 1 second ahead of the rest of the universe, maybe they can find a way to go back 1 second and stop him regenerating? It's an interesting idea me thinks

That's literally what I said lol

PLZ LET THAR BE A BUBBLE D:

Offline FaFniR

• Sentret Fan
  • You maybe got lucky for a few good years
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 02, 2008, 19:20 »
I have looked into the Dalek survival guide I have found that there is a stun. It just that it's so rare for a dalek to have their gun on stun that it was thought that they didn't have it.

It's a nice book. made in the 90's and It's still usful, even though some of the data is now redundant.

The 3rd Doctor gets his leg disabled by a Dalek beam in 'Planet of the Daleks', actually.

"Footloose and fancy-free, we set off among the adventure towns, seeking the next place, rather than our fortunes."

Role Play Riffs

LOL JOHTO REMAKE