Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 284246 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

Hollyoaks,espeon

Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1290 on: December 10, 2008, 16:46 »
I can't wait 'till the Christmas special! I've heard that there won't be a new Doctor Who series this year (except specials) but don't believe it. I just want to be 100% sure, is that true? Sorry if its already been answered. I just can't be botherd to look through the whole topic.

sorry it true sorry again

Offline Deoxys2

• Sentret Fan
  • In Arsène Wenger we trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: December 10, 2008, 16:51 »
WHAT?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Sorry about that... where is the prove that its true? I will refuse to believe it until I have proof! :P

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #1292 on: December 10, 2008, 16:59 »
WHAT?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Sorry about that... where is the prove that its true? I will refuse to believe it until I have proof! :P
It was pretty much news ages ago. There will be a 5th Series, but not till 2010.

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Deoxys2

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: December 10, 2008, 17:04 »
Aww...I was looking forward to the new series all year! :(

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: December 10, 2008, 17:16 »
You still have the specials next year. Sea Devils and the Return of the Master have been rumored to appear...

Offline Deoxys2

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: December 10, 2008, 18:28 »
When are the special on?

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: December 17, 2008, 21:08 »
Tbh, for the specials, I'd hope for them to concentrate on things that have happened in the past series, which specifically have something to do with Tennant's character.

Firstly...In series 3, The Doctor and Martha visited William Shakespeare in episode two. At the end of the episode, Queen Elizabeth appears saying, "Doctor! My sworn enemy!". I'd hope that one of the specials would be based upon that, since it's an event that happened while he was in this form.

Secondly, I'd like to see something done with River Song. It seems to be a long term thing, over more than one form of the Doctor's regeneration,from what was said in the two episodes...yet she recognised that he was an early Doctor, saying "Judging from your face, it's early days...", going on the suggest a couple of things they did while he was in Tennant's form. "
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 16:23 by Latias Tamer »
Yes.

Offline thatskinnyidiot™

• You know, there was a man that lived here once that had a prize-fighting kangaroo.
  • Joeno Fan
  • Behold the Stapler King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: December 20, 2008, 07:56 »
Tbh, for the specials, I'd hope for them to concentrate on things that have happened in the past series, which specifically have something to do with Tennant's character.

Firstly...In series 3, The Doctor and Martha visited William Shakespeare in episode two. At the end of the episode, Queen Elizabeth appears saying, "Doctor! My sworn enemy!". I'd hope that one of the specials would be based upon that, since it's an event that happened while he was in this form.

I know this off the wall, but there's one thing that would allow it to be another form. It's been mentioned in the show that Time Lords always recognize one another, and Steven Moffat might decide to bring back The Rani. After all, Russell T Davies is going to bring back The Meddling Monk....

Secondly, I'd like to see something done with River Song. It seems to be a long term thing, over more than one form of the Doctor's regeneration,from what was said in the two episodes...yet she recognised that he was an early Doctor, saying "Judging from your face, it's early days...", going on the suggest a couple of things they did while he was in Tennant's form. "

This might upset some people, but from the Wikiqoute talk page for the Tenth Doctor,
Okay, I've just re-watched "Silence in the Library", and although the subtitles say "Oh! Life of a time traveller, never knew it could be such hard work." In fact, River is saying "Oh! Wife of a time traveller, never knew it could be such hard work."

btw, about the specials...
Actor Patrick Stewart may also appear in the 2009 specials, playing the renegade Time Lord, The Monk. At least one source believes that "the BBC has offered him the role and are willing to wait for Stewart's schedule to clear". Stewart could therefore appear in either the specials or the 2010 series.
Doctor Who Magazine said David wants to see the Zygons return so Doctor Who may bring them back in his final episode.
According to a newspaper in mid 2008 it claimed The Master will return and will have fight to the death with The Doctor.

Anyways, have this ten pound note.

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: December 22, 2008, 19:27 »

If anything, more of the Shadow Proclamation would be nice, since they did absolutely nothing in the Stolen Earth. Big letdown that...

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1299 on: December 22, 2008, 20:11 »
Also, The Sun newspaper in the UK has reported David Morrissey will be playing The Doctor in this episode with David Tennant taking the companion role.The BBC's official Doctor Who website, has confirmed that David Morrissey is playing a character that calls himself The Doctor.

Given that it is confirmed there are two Doctors, both with a TARDIS and that these are the Cybus Cybermen, it would seem that The Doctor has either crossed back into Pete's World or the Cybus Cybermen have gained new technology and are being chased down by a 'Pete's world Doctor'.

That's the Sun.

My mum and I do not, I repeat, do not want David Morrisey to be the next Doctor.

Hear out my theory...

Doctor 2 may have heard of our Doctors adventures, and maybe the Doctor lost a Sonic Screwdriver, and when the Cybermen arrive, he's going to play Mr. Hero and be the Doctor. But he's got his records wrong, because Rose no longer exists in our universe, and he is playing the hero with his little Rosita. And our Doctor just gets confused.

<<

>>

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: December 25, 2008, 19:13 »
Pretty nifty Special I thought. Always had doubts over Morrissey being the next Doctor and I wasnt disappointed over the way he was revealed as not being the Doctor. Still, he was pretty good.

Cybermen werent bad. I thought them marching through the graveyard in the snow was a nice touch. Cybershades were pretty cool, they sort of reminded me of angry dogs, a nice touch there. Evil chick was good, interesting how she was able to take control over the Cybermen after converting her into the Cyber "King" (Though I was hoping for a bit more of a transformation then just something on her head). Giant Cyberman was alright, but a bit surpricing.

So yeah, enjoyed it. :) The idea that Cybermen got out of the void pretty much opens more possible Dalek and/or Cybermen stories.

As for the next special, oooo, Planet of the Dead. Sounds interesting.

Offline thatskinnyidiot™

• You know, there was a man that lived here once that had a prize-fighting kangaroo.
  • Joeno Fan
  • Behold the Stapler King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: December 25, 2008, 21:31 »
My mum and I do not, I repeat, do not want David Morrisey to be the next Doctor.

Apparently, the person Russell T Davies most wants as the Eleventh is the guy who played Midshipman Alonso Frame in Voyage Of The Damned.

Allons-y Alonso!
*shot

Offline Superficial Mycosis

• Untitled
  • Fan Rotom
  • Pronouns: They/Them
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1302 on: December 26, 2008, 00:14 »
Cybershades were awesome and i want one
Giant Cyberman was very steampunk, which made it auto-cool
I don't like how they didn't explain the Cybershades..  unless i just wasn't paying attention..
Those metal things that made whats his name think he was the doctor..  was on one hand clever, but on the other..  i think poorly done..  i think that information transfer could have been a lot better..   you know?
The female companion type person was annoying and poinless and did very little..  she seemed to just be there so whats his name had someone to talk down to to show ho un-doctor he was..
CyberKing was a but weird..   what was going on there? when she was fully human..  she was worse than when she was part Cyberman..  and i could have understood if the Cybermen had some kind of mind control over her, but it was the other way round..  wasn't it?
again, possibly just me not paying attention <<
Oh..  and this whole 'we trapped them in this thing they can never get out of except they did anyway' thing is getting really old..   theres always a 'we can't go there any more' or 'they can't get out of that' or 'they're deffinatly all dead now' ..   but it never actually is like that...   and im starting to wonder what the point of even saying it is anymore..   
yes..

i liked it, don't get me wrong XD

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #1303 on: December 26, 2008, 00:34 »
^ I have to agree on your "They're definitely dead...well, not really. A few escaped" point. The Giant Cyberman was pretty awesome, and I thought that the kids were being taken to be upgraded. Turns out they avoided such an awful fate.

Offline August J. Stuffiman IV

• Legendary Gentleman
  • Joeno Fan
  • The fourth in the prestigious line of Stuffimans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: December 26, 2008, 12:05 »
Turns out they avoided such an awful fate.

I would want to be upgraded, provided I could keep my mind like Lumic did.

Anyway, I don't think the Cybermen coming back can ever be 'old'. Unlike the Daleks, who are an actual species and once destroyed completely they could never come back (but they keep writing in one or two who survive), Cybermen are literally just humans who have had their brain and nervous system cut out and placed in a cybernetic body. That body has been invented by two people now, once by whoever did it before and once by Lumic in the parallel earth. There is nothing to stop some genius making Cybermen again, even if they were completely annihilated.

Cybermen > Daleks