Poll

Who do you think is the best doctor who of all time?

William Hartnell
2 (2.6%)
Patrick Troughton
1 (1.3%)
Jon Pertwee
1 (1.3%)
Tom Baker
4 (5.2%)
Peter Davison
0 (0%)
Colin Baker
1 (1.3%)
Sylvester McCoy
2 (2.6%)
Paul McGann
2 (2.6%)
Christopher Eccleston
15 (19.5%)
David Tennant
32 (41.6%)
Matt Smith
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 283974 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

Webby2

Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1485 on: November 18, 2009, 11:37 »
Your not even giving him a chance ?

Unfortunately people don't give people chances. It's a shame really, I didn't agree with the appointment of David Tennant, but I did give him a chance. He didn't do well imo, I thought he was the worst doctor, but I still gave him a chance.

When does the new dude come on? I'll give him a chance, since he can't get much worse than Tennant imo.

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: November 18, 2009, 17:30 »
Unfortunately people don't give people chances. It's a shame really, I didn't agree with the appointment of David Tennant, but I did give him a chance. He didn't do well imo, I thought he was the worst doctor, but I still gave him a chance.

When does the new dude come on? I'll give him a chance, since he can't get much worse than Tennant imo.
What are you on about? Tennant was the best Doctor yet, imo!

Offline kerri-anne

• Squirrels are back again
  • Joeno Fan
  • the pirate squirrels
    • View Profile
    • world of talli
« Reply #1487 on: November 18, 2009, 17:32 »

Let me ask have you seen the older doctor who's the ones from the 80s ?
if not that's ok.
what should I make you ?

Webby2

« Reply #1488 on: November 18, 2009, 19:24 »

Exactly, in your opinion =P
He just didn't appeal to me, and after Chris Eccleston (who for me was the best Doctor), it was always going to go downhill for me. The thing is, it went downhill by a lot.

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: November 18, 2009, 20:01 »
Let me ask have you seen the older doctor who's the ones from the 80s ?
if not that's ok.

yes, I have. and david tennant was better than even tom baker, although not by along way.

Exactly, in your opinion =P
He just didn't appeal to me, and after Chris Eccleston (who for me was the best Doctor), it was always going to go downhill for me. The thing is, it went downhill by a lot.

Really? I found Chris Ecclestone quite dry. I didn't like him much at all - he just seemed to not have the emotional depth when it came to some of the final scenes.

Webby2

« Reply #1490 on: November 18, 2009, 20:09 »
Really? I found Chris Ecclestone quite dry. I didn't like him much at all - he just seemed to not have the emotional depth when it came to some of the final scenes.

I'll admit, that's where he was at his weakest (but I still think that he was decent at those parts), but other than the final scenes, I found him to be hilarious, and made the role his own really. He just reacted well to a lot of things, and made the dramatic parts dramatic but also very funny. I preferred the comical appeal he added to it.

Tennant on the other hand I found to be the opposite; there's no doubting how good he is at the emotional side to it all, but on the other parts, I just couldn't take to him. He was a bit too bland for me most of the time. There's no doubting his quality as an actor, I just felt that for most of the time, the role didn't suit him as well as say Chris Eccleston.

I think it just depends how you want The Doctor to be really. I'd much prefer for him to be humorous, whilst still being able to provide the right drama to it as it were.

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: November 19, 2009, 14:00 »
I dunno, I didn't go much on Ecclestone, and I wasn't that 'into' it when Tennant came along...it wasn't like I'd read up on the internet about who would succeed him, etc. (like I am now =P)

I really like Tennant, he seems so fantastic, to steal Eccles' word. I'll certainly miss him as the Doctor, but we'll just have to see how Smith goes.

My sister thinks that Tennant's end scene (being all dark and "One man shouldn't have this much power" "tough.") will herald a much darker Doctor in Matt Smith.

I think that what they're really doing is just playing about with how far they can stretch the Doctor, before they 'reset' him.

Also, in the Radio Times, they say something about 'The Immorality Gate.' I wonder what it could be, and how it relates to The Master. Do you think...the Master might kill the Doctor to 'save' him from himself?

Either way, I cannot wait for Christmas...<3

Offline Deoxys2

• Sentret Fan
  • In Arsène Wenger we trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: November 19, 2009, 15:52 »
I'll admit, that's where he was at his weakest (but I still think that he was decent at those parts), but other than the final scenes, I found him to be hilarious, and made the role his own really. He just reacted well to a lot of things, and made the dramatic parts dramatic but also very funny. I preferred the comical appeal he added to it.

Tennant on the other hand I found to be the opposite; there's no doubting how good he is at the emotional side to it all, but on the other parts, I just couldn't take to him. He was a bit too bland for me most of the time. There's no doubting his quality as an actor, I just felt that for most of the time, the role didn't suit him as well as say Chris Eccleston.

I think it just depends how you want The Doctor to be really. I'd much prefer for him to be humorous, whilst still being able to provide the right drama to it as it were.
I think Chris was the best too, but I have to say that David was really good. At first, when the Doctor regenerated I was like "NOOOOO!!!" and was never going to watch it again, but then I got used to him and now I really like him. I don't want him to leave. Then again, I'll probably be like that will Matt though (great name btw!) - not liking him at the beginning then getting to really like him.

I still feel sad when I watch The Parting of the Ways...good times, good times... I did love that Doc. Chris was the best IMO, for the same reasons as you said, Alex.

master1

« Reply #1493 on: November 19, 2009, 18:09 »
I still insist that Matt Smith is too young.
The Doctor shouldn't be a student, with his TARDIS full of microwave dinners and playing edgy ringtones when it dematerialises.

Offline Deoxys2

• Sentret Fan
  • In Arsène Wenger we trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: November 19, 2009, 19:00 »
^ That last comment made me luagh, lol. ^_^

Offline kerri-anne

• Squirrels are back again
  • Joeno Fan
  • the pirate squirrels
    • View Profile
    • world of talli
« Reply #1495 on: November 19, 2009, 19:02 »

And who cares if he's young or not ?
what should I make you ?

master1

« Reply #1496 on: November 19, 2009, 19:04 »
I cares.
Did River Song not say to the David Doctor that "this is the youngest I've seen you"?

Although we all know River Song will be completely forgotten and never revisited ever, I guess.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #1497 on: November 19, 2009, 19:07 »
http://www.rdwf.org.uk/doctors/images/29/hum12.jpg

And that's enough said about the bow tie argument. XD

As for too young, Peter Davison is in my top 3 Docs and he was the youngest at the time, a good example would be The Caves of Androzani, voted the best DW Story of all time, and perhaps my all time fav. ^^

Actually, River Song is set to return in the next series. ;P

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

EMPIRE

« Reply #1498 on: November 23, 2009, 22:46 »
Imo The Waters of Mars was a bit short. If they had more time I think they could have done more with the story. Although I'm not complaining; I enjoyed it =D

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #1499 on: December 04, 2009, 18:25 »
Seems we're getting a Dr Who BBC One Intro thingy to go with our specials too.

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"